Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Off Topic **This Thread Now Closed For Business**

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,402 ✭✭✭Tinie

The more likely outcome is Moyes replacing phelan for a year or two as an understudy, before eventually taking over from fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

Tbh, I think this is as close to the top as he will go out. 20th title for the club, won the league at a saunter with a bunch of kids. Can point to controversy as an excuse at exiting the PL, and Jose available as a suitable replacement to ensure long term stability. Gets the trophy in a few days time to coincide with the announcement

Or he could wait a few years, allow Chelsea and City to rebuild, as Barca do in Europe and Bayern strengthen, never win the PL title again, get humiliated in Europe...

I'll stress I hope nothin comes of it, but if the idea is to go out on a high, it won't get much higher than this year...
    :confused:

:pac::pac::pac:

This episode was just on 3e always makes me laugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

I can see it now. Fergie announces he isn't retiring. A red eyed Mourinho bursts in, clinically and coldly stating "I am the great one". Reaching into his Jose jacket he pulls out a shotgun and blasts Sir Alex in the face. A gaping hole appears for a moment until Fergie T-1000's it. Cue big massive Terminatory fight between the two legends of football management.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Jose available as a suitable replacement to ensure long term stability.

2000 Benfica
    2001–2002 União de Leiria
    2002–2004 Porto
    2004–2007 Chelsea
    2008–2010 Internazionale
    2010–2013 Real Madrid

Not much long term involved there. He splashes the cash, wins the trophies, and is gone again. Dont think he is the man to be looking at if you want long term.

Tinie wrote: »
    The more likely outcome is Moyes replacing phelan for a year or two as an understudy, before eventually taking over from fergie.

Which would be a massive slap in the face for Moyes.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I said he'd bring long term stability. Not be a long term manager.

It's going to be a tough job filling Fergie's shoes when he goes. Jose has the ego and ability to take up that task. If he goes in a few years, he'll be easier to replace that Fergie. From the club's standpoint, that's a better long term plan than simply removing Fergie and appointing, say, Moyes or Ole.

And oh no. He'd come in, win stuff and leave? I think I'd bare that :pac:

• Advertisement

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    2000 Benfica
    2001–2002 União de Leiria
    2002–2004 Porto
    2004–2007 Chelsea
    2008–2010 Internazionale
    2010–2013 Real Madrid

Not much long term involved there. He splashes the cash, wins the trophies, and is gone again. Dont think he is the man to be looking at if you want long term.

Ah come on now Inter are very stable at the minute! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Ah the power of twitter. Paddy Power make up a rumour to get website hits and 24 hours later Fergie is done. lol.

Put it this way if Fergie walks tomorrow Ill change my username to Rafa's Wrinkly Ballbag.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Ah the power of twitter. Paddy Power make up a rumour to get website hits and 24 hours later Fergie is done. lol.

Put it this way if Fergie walks tomorrow Ill change my username to Rafa's Wrinkly Ballbag.
    Now I'm torn between not wanting Fergie gone, and seeing that user name :P

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Digitalism

Fergusons not retiring yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

If its ok with Moyes him coming in and learning the ropes at OT from Fergie isn't the worst idea,I do see Moyes as next United manager but if they were to wait a year or two he may not be available so having him at the club while Fergie transitions out is actually very clever if at all true

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,126 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Looks at Pete's recent predictions.

realises new user name is on the way!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,402 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Oh god, it's official.

Oh god oh god oh god

Not, Pete...about that name change?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Can we get a comment from Rafa's Wrinkly Ballbag on today's shocking news?

Oops.

Do you think boards will allow it?

Stunned he's gone though.

I have a feeling a lot if spoilt Uld fans are going to realise how good they've had it now he's gone.

For sure. Especially the younger united fans around or below 25 as all they remember is united and Ferguson winning. Could be a trasitional period for a few years which will test these "lifetime" fans metal.

Jose coming in, fecking up and leaving after 3 years would be lol worthy though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

So long Pete!

I think you may be safe though as you need to be a subscriber to change names.

gimmick wrote: »
    So long Pete!

Can you subscribe just for a month to change your username anyone know? And how does one subscribe. Im a man of my word after all.

So long Pete!

Thanks for ruining my day. :(

Can you subscribe just for a month to change your username anyone know? And how does one subscribe. Im a man of my word after all.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/payments.php

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Pete, as much as the name change would be funny, maybe you can avoid it on a technicality. You said if he walked today, you'd change it. But he just announced it today and will leave later in the week. So technically, not walking today. :)

Sorry!

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Pete, as much as the name change would be funny, maybe you can avoid it on a technicality. You said if he walked today, you'd change it. But he just announced it today and will leave later in the week. So technically, not walking today. :)

Buzz_Killington.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

So long Pete!

Have you eaten your tie yet? :pac:

Requested that anyway. The admin who looks after these things is away though so it might take a day or two.

Looks like its Moyes.

Massive risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,955 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Fergie retiring :eek::( Moyes seems the fav now to be next manager

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

This is why you dont make claims like that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,791 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nice compromise
    "Fat Spanish Undercarriage"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Have you eaten your tie yet? :pac:

I ate a hat.

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Nice compromise
    "Fat Spanish Undercarriage"

The rest to follow. :-)

Wonder what odds you'd get on Fergie being in the hot seat again before next Summer?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Good match at the Bridge.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement