Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Problem with yoma for boards.ie arma2

Options
  • 12-03-2010 2:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭

Hey guys finally got around to getting most of the yoma files needed to join in the boards.ie arma2 server.

It keeps telling me there is 118MB left to get. Even when i hit download it downloads them, then i recheck for addons and it says i need them again.

The files i cannot get are:

all japatho island files

10 weird russian txt files with the same name

14 of the CSJ.pbo's and bisign's

thfew.pbo and the few.pbo.CSJ.bisgn

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

These are all from the other Kellys Hero's repository and aren't important. They are just some mods Kellys Heros allow on their server (a good random collection), but they aren't essential. The Hifi sound ones are nice, use them myself.

The Boards.ie Arma server runs the following mods only at the moment, so as long as You got these You'll be fine

Nobodies been playing these days, all are 2 busy with other games but I'm gonna organise a mission for next week and get all the old crew back

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

I'm away next week but I'll be up for some games after that. Got myself a SSD drive, which I've put Arma on. Interested to see what difference it makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭Arcto

Son of a bitch.....i just downloaded 3GB of nothing? :(
    Maybe ye should update the "required mod's" bit.
    I allready had Quesch, all the ace stuff, CAA1 and panthera. Grrr.

Anyway ill keep an eye of the server monitor to check when yer on!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭M03

Arcto wrote: »
    Son of a bitch.....i just downloaded 3GB of nothing? :(
    Maybe ye should update the "required mod's" bit.
    I allready had Quesch, all the ace stuff, CAA1 and panthera. Grrr.

Anyway ill keep an eye of the server monitor to check when yer on!

No, you didn't download 3GB of nothing, they're all decent mods and can be used on many of the other servers out there, in single player missions that you can download or just tooling around in the editor.

Don't forget, some of these lads are paying for the server and are kind enough to let a few randomers join to boost numbers. Yeah, it'd be great if the stickies were cleaned up and updated but beggars can't be choosers.

@PogMoThoin - so the latest modline in the sticky is out of date and @idf, @usec_weapons and @duala are no longer needed? Is the zeus ai still running server side? Mumble 1.2.2 was released and adds support for positional audio in Arma2. Haven't tried it but might add some immersion.

Just a quick note if ye are interested, theres a plugin for TeamSpeak3 that we use that adds positional audio just like mumble. You can also adjust the "output" setting ingame with the touch of a button. You can whisper (great for TvT-5m radius) normal talk (about 10m) and for when the action heats up Yelling mode (about 15-20m).
    But where this plugin beats mumble is that it makes the radios into functional radios. The radios in your gear have a range of 500-700m depending on terrain, and the back pack ones have a range of 10Km. They have static sounds, and bleeps and only one person can broadcast at a time, like a real radio. You have to manually set the frequencys too and theres loads. SR radios work from 3.000-29.999hz and LR work from 30.000-300.000hz. Its happened a few times where weve ended up loseing our radio man in the open and cant get to him as were pinned. We start trying to contact nearby squads to see if they can call in CAS for us as were out of range of the commander (we dont use ingame VON as this would defeat the purpose of the plugin). It gets very intense until someone answers the horn! Ye should check it out. Its under 1mb. Dont have the link but i have the files if anyone wants them.

• Advertisement

Is this the one? - Link

Thats the one mate. Ye should check it out.

Will do, thanks for the tip.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

We've Mumble running on the server, it gives the best quality voice of all of the things we've tried TS/Vent etc. Crystal clear chat like a phone conversation, needed when kdjacs fubared on fri nights

I'll be on for a game on Sun evening if I'm not too hungover, anyone else around?

Advertisement