Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Work Wanted Superthread (Only ad thread - Read post before posting) Updated 14/01/15

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 231 ✭✭frser32

Hi everyone! Im a student at UCD and involved with a non for profit volunteer organisation. We are looking to create a website for our service over the next semester, to help bring our organisation to a wider audience and promote/develop it further. We are looking for someone on an unpaid basis to get involved with the committee to work as a wed design/development officer to aid the creation of this website. This would be great experience for any computer science/web design/ student or professional and would look great on the CV, Not only to design the website, but offers a fantastic opportunity working alongside our enthusiastic team as well. If you think you are interested, or know someone you think may be suitable, please do pm me as it would be such a great help! Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭beatrice33

Hey,

Im looking for a web developer to help me design a website Im working on for my own small bussiness.

I bought a site template which Im customizing, but I need to have a search form and search results under different criteria such as location, and more. So I need to link a database to the site.

As a startup, my budget is very small but this could lead to more work in the future.

pm me if interested

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Hey , I'm looking for someone to design and set up a site for me.basically need the site designed and built in way that I can add brochures in PDF or similar form myself .will also need help with seo and social networking , usual bits and pieces

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭meep

Hi

I need someone with excellent Joomla skills (incl. php, mySql and design flair) to immediately take over a number of projects with the potential of future work.

Ability to customise components/modules desirable.

Dublin or North East based ideally.

Please PM me with example of previous work, daily rate and availability.

Peter

• Registered Users Posts: 36 cathleencp

I'm looking for someone to design a fairly simple website – 5/6 pages. I also need some input into logo design. I have a fair idea of what I am looking for. I need an easy-to-use CMS (maybe Joomla) with training in use of the CMS and an on-going maintenance support package.
    I am based in Galway and would like to work with someone locally if possible but this is not critical.
    Budget is limited.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭MrPicante

Hi, I was wondering whether there is anyone who does animated videos on a freelance basis? If so please PM with your work portfolio and contact details. Tks,

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

I'm looking for a designer to take a photoshop concept to web markup stage.

Must be able to meet in Dublin city centre and available to start next week.

Please send me your portfolio as well as your hourly rate

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Thomas from Presence

Hi folks,

I need help with the following:

1. Wordpress theme - I need a theme altered so that it has a custom front page (pulls news from a blog category and represents it as per a design I have as well as displays a gallery of fade in fade out photos)

2. Membership and ecommerce - help in putting together a membership section, importing a membership database from a previous site

3. Tight deadline. This needs to be done by Wednesday morning!

Please PM if interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 YogiDirra

Hi All,

I'm looking for a quote for the following 2 projects:

1)
    A blog site (preferably Wordpress) for a new fitness business.
    • I have a budget of around €1000 for total domain reg/hosting/design
    • I will need to maintain daily (it is a blog afterall)
    • I have no fitness images to use, so stock images may be necessary
    • I want it to have a webstore eventually (but not immediately necessary)
    • pictures and videos to uploaded regularly
    • Mid December deadline

2)
    My father-in-laws website needs to tidied up. No new content or graphics, but it was designed poorly initally with tables and there appears to be faults.

Thanks! Hopefully someone can help..

Small job but very tight deadline - I need someone to do this http://www.tipsandtricks-hq.com/wordpress-membership/how-to-bulk-upload-member-details-from-a-csv-file-243

The trick is the original database CSV needs a touch of tidying to fit the scheme. Can you help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭The Clown Man

Hi,

I'm currently exploring options around building a large, database-heavy, e-commerce portal for a start-up online retail business. I do have starting capital and a solid business plan but I'm looking to build the ecommerce site on a small initial budget due to the overall cost of setting up.

The site will aim to trade on the Irish market originally and the European market in the medium term.

I'm looking for either:

An enterprising and experienced e-commerce designer/developer to join the start-up full-time for a share of the company,

or;

An ambitious and capable design company looking to build on their portfolio which must be open to flexible payment terms (and by flexible I don't mean invest heavily with no guarantees - whatever is the most mutually beneficial will suit all).

I have a thread here which will provide more background. I'm happy to discuss in further detail if anyone is at all interested, just PM me and we can take it from there.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 thegadgey

Looking for some one to sort out an unfinished presta cart setup. We changed from osc to presta on advise from our web guy who is no longer around. I am looking for some one that knows the prestashop e-commerce cart well. Being able to modify scripts and modules to suit a particular task would be an advantage. It's up and running but there are issues and it's causing problems for customers. Ive got other jobs to be done also like redesign of the site and also design of some other sites. I need some one that can talk to us about an idea and then take the concept to an actual finished site. Im sick of designers that want me to design every single thing in a project. I don't care how young or old you are as long as you know what your doing and can show me some previous completed projects.

Pm with your details and portfolio for more info.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 GAVINCC

Looking for a website designed. Letterkenny based new company. Quality work only. I'm on a budget and needs to be cost effective. Sample of previous work done needed. Please state price bracket, your location and i will get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

Hi I need my old site brought up to date also a new venture needs a website nothing fancy just need the sites up in the google rankings. PM me please with past work completed and Costs please Many thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭the_doctor199

Hi all,

I'm looking into a redesign of my website, keeping some of the current features of it. I have two Wordpress themes purchased (one I'm currently using), I would like to keep how the blog is displayed on it but using the new theme for the rest of the website. Hope this makes sense, I can send you some links to show you further what I would like. Would also help to have a hand with improving SEO.

If you PM me with your thoughts and a price, we can take it from there. I'll be in Dublin next Wednesday afternoon/early evening if it would help to have a chat in person.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

can you post up a link to the existing site maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭bawn79

Hi,

I have an idea for creating a new website, basically its a webpage that incorpates a spreadsheet.
    Ive an interest in astronomical alignments of stone circles and such things and I wanted to put up a site where the users could put up sites that they think may have astronomical alignments.

Id like the sites look/feel to be like this http://www.mythicalireland.com/ but then with a spreadsheet that can be updated once Ive given users access to it.

Ive made an attempt here at how it would work. http://www.editgrid.com/user/bawn79/Alignment_Database
    Perhaps it would be possible to have a simple forum attached as well.

So Im probably talking about 3 pages;
    1 introduction / front page with text / pictures
    2 a spreadsheet in similar colours / feel as the front page (I would need this spreadsheet to be reasonably flexible as additional columns are needed) and I dont want it to look like excel
    3 a forum in similar colours to the front page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭Prop Joe

Looking for someone to build a website for a GAA club.
    Want a site with our facebook,Twitter & Youtube pages on show and a constant news tracker..PM me i can go through design for a quote

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ITdesigner

I am looking for a webdesigner to work on location (Dublin 12) from January 3 – January 24 2012.

We have a fully functional demo of our live product but we’d like to demonstrate upcoming features that our clients will receive in the next few releases. I am looking for a designer to join my team for the next few weeks to help us build this out.

Requirements / Responsibilities include
    working with product owners to create a click through demo of our product.
    create highly creative visuals, following brand guidelines
    Produce clean, easy-to-read, semantic CSS, HTML mark-up and JavaScript adhering to W3C

If you can manage tight deadlines, demanding stack holders, challenging workload in return you ll get to work with a great team (of onsite designers, BA, Developers, testers), interesting product, challenge your design and coding skills and as well, of course, competitive pay.

Can any interested parties PM me with required day rates, contact details and portfolio / cv

• Registered Users Posts: 20,032 ✭✭✭✭neris

Our company needs a new website designed. Our previous site was in flash and I pulled it down as we could not make changes so would be looking for somthing that is easily manageable for us to add content, pages and photos. Would also like to try link into twitter and our locations on google maps. We woudl also be looking for flexible payment terms depending on cost. We already have our own domain name and hosting up to Nov 2012 paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 onofftheroad

Hi

I operate in the technology sector and require a new website designed and developed to incorporate a new logo for a small company. Its a simple site to reflect a technology focus so looking for a crisp tech savvy type design but not Flash I think. Probably 5 pages and must include a decent CMS. SEO not a big concern and no e-commerce element so its a brochure site really.

Ideally the individual/company I work with are based in Dublin or can travel here easily. You must have a decent portfolio.

I will pay a decent rate for this work so I am not looking for the cheapest quote but have to operate to a budget at the same time.

Please PM with contact details and I can go into details.

I need a developer this weekend!

I have a list of account numbers and days and I need a page on a site to let users query the database with their account number and be served up one of five pdfs (Monday to Friday) depending on their day.

Can you help?

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Full time Job available for Creative Web Designer, to work on-location (Galway) - all details will be supplied if you PM me directly, must have online portfolio of work.

The candidate should:
    Be a creative thinker
    Be able to develop original ideas and present them visually and verbally
    Have drive and ambition to be a creative leader
    Be proficient with Photoshop
    Have knowledge of web design trends and techniques
    Be able to design for maximum usability and site performance
    Be able to code and style layouts using HTML and CSS

Required skills:
    Photoshop / Illustrator
    HTML/CSS/W3C standards
    Excellent Communication skills

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Max Carroll

Hi there,

Im looking for someone to build a site for me.
    It would be a clone of etsy.com

Have been looking at offshore options, but would rather keep the work in Ireland.

PM me for a chat...

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Mariol

Hi,

Looking for somebody to get a website up and running. Domain has been purchased as has the hosting side of things - so I've got that much sorted at least. Have a simple design in mind (well, what appears to be simple) which will contain a number of pictures (photography site).

If you're interested please drop me a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Jim05

looking for a rough quote for someone to build a site for me
    It will be similar to
    http://www.nonbored.com/welcome
    but on a smaller scale

Also I would want the function to receive payments on the site
    PM me please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 MobileMaven

I am looking for a web designer to develop a website to promote my property to let! (Times were in)
    I have all inventory – Brand guidelines, Logo, and wire frame developed and hope to develop a static site which to promote.
    Domain name and hosting have already been secured so merely looking for estimates to complete the job – Timeline – End of Feb 2012
    To receive the Wire frame structure I hope to get designed please email info@silk.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Postman99

Hello,

I'm looking for a Php developer to create a website from scratch, up to professional specifications, with similar layout,functionality and features seen on buy and sell sites like adverts, buy and sell, donedeal etc.

Please contact me if you have relevant experience in this field with a rough estimate to cost and time frame to complete work and i can fill candidate in with more detailed terms.

thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭J-Fit

Hi people.

Looking for someone well versed in wordpress themes to get me through a rut in putting my site together. Site is hosted and live and minor nuances such as logo, backgrounds and general layout are pretty much taken care of. Just need help creating product pages, uploading content etc. Will discuss payment in PM.

Regards,

J-Fit

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭cubix

Looking for a quote to design a brochure type website with approx 5-7 pages for a property maintenance/facilities company. Something easy on the eye with simple navigation and vibrant professional photo. Have some idea of what I would like with regards to layout and colour scheme but always open to suggestions.

Would like to have it up and running by the end of Feburary.
    IF you could give me a break down for original design and then extras for maintenance/etc by quartly or as needed. Hosting & Domain already required.

Advertisement