Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Covers Band

• 23-10-2010 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Roland TD20

Drummer looking to put together a Strong covers band to gig and make some money. Idealy I would like to hear form committed musicians with the right attitude living in the Meath or North dublin area, or willing to rehearse in the north Dublin area or meath area. A guitarist, Bass and Keyboard player and most importantly a Front man or Woman with the ability to wow the crowd with their voice as well as stage presence. As for music, i will give anything a try once its what the punters will want to hear and it can be delivered at the highest level.

Interested,

Give me a shout...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,444 ✭✭✭Rigsby

As for music, i will give anything a try once its what the punters will want to hear

Have you any basic idea of what music you would like to play ? What artists/bands would you personally like to cover ? What "the punters want to hear" depends on a lot of things like age etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Roland TD20

Read the post, if you dont like the way its written then mind your own business.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,557 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

I am interested....Here is a sample of some of my playing

ah balls why didn't that work :o

• Advertisement

musicians with the right attitude
    Read the post, if you dont like the way its written then mind your own business.

That rules you out then !! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 30 Roland TD20

Ha ha good one! point taken:)

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭Fandango

Rigsby wrote: »
    That rules you out then !! :p
    Agree. Sorta aggressive for a simple question. Chill out, we all play music for free drinks at the end of the day :D

The reason I asked the question is simple. For example, some punters are pleased by Irish c/w, ( :rolleyes: ), other punters are pleased by metal, some by indie, others by pop etc.

People may not want to be in these type of bands, so it saves time to give a person even a rough idea of the type of band he/she is going to be in. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

Roland TD20 please don't bring a negative attitude into your thread, it reflects badly on you as a poster. What Rigsby asked was perfectly reasonable. A covers band isn't going to play the same stuff if they are playing at a youth club or an OAP bingo night so it's no harm to try and clarify to a certain extent what you are looking to play. It's like when someone is asked what kind of music they like. Responding with "Everything", which a lot of people will do, is useless because it's not true and too vague.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 GingerSteve104

Hi there,

Bass and/or guitar player with about 5 or so years experience playing in cover bands. Can do a bit of singing and BVs too. I'm from Dundalk but I stay in Dublin. get in touch if anyone is interested.

• Zombie thread locked.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement