Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TFC - The Filipino Channel - Atlantic Bird 3 (5W)

• 03-05-2011 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I was wondering can anyone advise. I'm looking to set up a system to receive "The Filipino Channel" for a relative. I've found that it is available on Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W.

TFC is encrypted in Verimatrix. I assume that I can get a card from the company that broadcasts TFC (ABS-CBN), but I'm not sure what type of receiver to buy that would support decoding Verimatrix.

Can anyone advise as to a receiver?

Anyone know if a satellite finder for 28.2E and 19E works on 5W? I guess it does, but better safe than standing up a ladder for hours sorry. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭garrycann78

http://www.abscbniptv.com/

and you can buy from here.

http://www.pinoyminimall.co.uk/magento/index.php/tfc/tfc-on-demand.html

i dont use this myself but had sourced for someone else before

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭tomslick

I've checked the channels for you and they are both receivable here. The services seems to be mainly IP. You must buy their IP box and connect to internet and your sorted.
    I'm sure if you look into it you'll be able to buy a normal IPbox and receive national Filipino channels

• Registered Users Posts: 7,495 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Hi,

I was wondering can anyone advise. I'm looking to set up a system to receive "The Filipino Channel" for a relative. I've found that it is available on Atlantic Bird 3 at 5W.

TFC is encrypted in Verimatrix. I assume that I can get a card from the company that broadcasts TFC (ABS-CBN), but I'm not sure what type of receiver to buy that would support decoding Verimatrix.

Can anyone advise as to a receiver?

Anyone know if a satellite finder for 28.2E and 19E works on 5W? I guess it does, but better safe than standing up a ladder for hours sorry. :D

TFC is available on Satellite and via Broadband. ABS-CBN will supply all the required hardware, either an IP-box or a satellite receiver, depending on which service you chose. the monthly sub is the same.

The IP version also includes some video on demand services, but the picture is not as good as via satellite, and can buffer a bit.

The satellite has a better picture, but no video on demand.

Last time i checked, they offer a free install service, so why not let them do it. They have installers/agents in several parts of Ireland, where are you? They usually also have a stand at the Filipino Independence Day event in Dublin in June.

Aligning up against AB3 can be tricky, there is another strong signal (4W & 7W) close to it, We had a guy one, realigning our dish and he spent 15 minute getting a perfect signal before he realised he was on the wrong bird, so a sat finder which tells you which one you are turning in to is best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭rob the satman

TFC is available on Satellite and via Broadband. ABS-CBN will supply all the required hardware, either an IP-box or a satellite receiver, depending on which service you chose. the monthly sub is the same.

The IP version also includes some video on demand services, but the picture is not as good as via satellite, and can buffer a bit.

The satellite has a better picture, but no video on demand.

Last time i checked, they offer a free install service, so why not let them do it. They have installers/agents in several parts of Ireland, where are you? They usually also have a stand at the Filipino Independence Day event in Dublin in June.

Aligning up against AB3 can be tricky, there is another strong signal (4W & 7W) close to it, We had a guy one, realigning our dish and he spent 15 minute getting a perfect signal before he realised he was on the wrong bird, so a sat finder which tells you which one you are turning in to is best.

Using the meter in his receiver he could find 5W by "zoning" in on the France Television Frequency of 11.591V SR 20.000 (unique SR) FEC 2/3 thus avoiding 4W and 7W that way, then "fine tuning" the ABN frequency is not a problem, I've done it myself previously

Advertisement