Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Q Who?

• 17-05-2003 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭

Q always puzzled me, who or what is he, wheres he from? I saw him in one episode where was tricking Picard into some game or something, was so long again, then another saw him in a uniform on the bridge. Never liked the man :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Q rocks. Fantastic character, played by a fantastic actor (John DeLancie).

I always love episodes with Q in them. And his infatuation with Janeway makes me roffle :)

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

afaik there is actually an episode called "Q Who", it is one of the most defining episodes in Star Trek as this is where the crew of the enterprise first encounter The Borg.

if memory serves me correctly :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

there was an episode called Q Who, thats right Cult, trying to think of it

• Registered Users Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Originally posted by Ruu
    Q always puzzled me, who or what is he, wheres he from? I saw him in one episode where was tricking Picard into some game or something, was so long again, then another saw him in a uniform on the bridge. Never liked the man :)

Q was an omnipotent being from a place called the Q continuum. Appeared in the very first next gen episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Q is one of my favourite characters in star trek I like the Q episodes almost as much as the Borg episodes. I think it a pity John DeLancie doesn't feature in more films and series because IMO he is a brilliant actor and probably underated.

Ryan

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

I rember seeing him in some film where he was a physco gynacoloigst who was molesting anf killing wemon. I cant rember the neme of the film. But i rember thinking Q couldent do this!

I hear Rick bermen wants to use him again as he likes him as an actor so perhaps he will be in enterprise, then i dont see how but any thing is possiable after i saw the borg in enterprise.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Is Q not part of a group or something and they're all known as Q?

In Voyager wasnt there a war between the Q and he wanted to have a kid with Janeway coz he thought it would bring harmony to them again?

He's omnipotent or summat....

Q is one of my favourite characters always liked him!

He gets such pleasure out of watching the captains (Plrl) struggle, I like the divilment he creates!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Sloth

I have his autograph hanging over me now, makes me sleep easy at night knowing I'm protected by his omnipotence.
    Anyways I love Q, he's probably one of the main reasons I stuck on with Voyager during the bad bits. I mean for god's sake people you've got Q to thank for the borg too, how could you not love the guy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Originally posted by spooky donkey
    I rember seeing him in some film where he was a physco gynacoloigst who was molesting anf killing wemon. I cant rember the neme of the film. But i rember thinking Q couldent do this!

The hand that rocks the cradle, Good film btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

Originally posted by k.oriordan
    . Appeared in the very first next gen episode.

and the last.

All good things, indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,878 ✭✭✭✭Stark

The actor's getting a bit old and flabby unfortunately. They'd have a hard time sticking him in Enterprise and trying to explain how an omnipotent being is aging. Would be cool if he tried to pass himself off as God or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

He was in a couple of episodes of Stargate SG1

As a government official of some sort who was trying to shut down the stargate programme or have O'Neill reprimanded for something....

Can't remember exactly my brain is all melty at the moment...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

yeah he's in a good few eps of sg1, don't remembe rhis name but he works for that sekrit goverment agency, "something 6" isn't it?

the ones looking for offworld technology all the time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

yep i can only remember the names of the episdoes, Q Who, Hide and Q, Q less and theres others id say

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ya the guy that played Q was in Stargate-sg 1 as a goverment offical he was killed when trying to steel the X-303 earths first hyper space spaceship

o-neil wanted to call the X-303 the "Enterprise" :D:D

he was as good in sg as he was in st

top actor

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

theres a couple of books done about Q written by Peter David (one of the better authors who write star trek) Q-squared was very good, and then I Q was done by himself and John Delancie (both available in paperbook from any good bookstore :) )

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

Q is one of the best characters in Trek.. Though it gets complicated when you consider all the Q are called Q and they dont have individual names.. so for arguments sake lets say the "normal Q" if there is such a thing.. John de Lancie :D He is brilliant and about the funniest charcter there is...

Like when he says to worf "and microbrain... growl for me" (and worf does too!!).

Advertisement