Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cot mattress

• 30-12-2008 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Buying a cot I noticed there are lots of different mattresses in m*therca*e etc. Some of these have fancy names like 'foam cool max' which are twice the price of ordinary foam or spring mattress. Are these just gadgets for people with too much money?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

dodgyme wrote: »
    Buying a cot I noticed there are lots of different mattresses in m*therca*e etc. Some of these have fancy names like 'foam cool max' which are twice the price of ordinary foam or spring mattress. Are these just gadgets for people with too much money?

Can't remember where, but I do recall reading that it doesn't make a hoot of difference. This baby will sleep on an ordinary foam mattress (which I got half price today, go me!!) just like it's brother before it did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

I saw a cot bed in smyths today for 149.99 and a mattress for 39.99 wohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

I bought my cot in smyths for €99.99 before xmas and now it's gone down €2.50 :mad: Am such a skinflint :D No fancy €149.99 cots for my little one.

I like it cause it's smaller than most cots and space in my bedroom is limited

Haven't got a mattress yet. The sprung ones are supposed to be better as the baby gets heavier. A two year old will need more support I suppose. However the kid could wreck the mattress with a dirty protest and then you'd have to buy a new one anyway. Still thinking about it. :confused:

My man had a cot bed and was in it with a foam mattress til he turned 3 and he still didn't make a dent in it when lying down.. I couldn't see a two year old in a small cot, to be honest, it'd be dangerous once they can climb out, so definitely don't bother with the springs if you're going for a non-convertible cot.

That cot that Grawns got is a cotbed... looks cool actually... how did I miss that?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

That cot that Grawns got is a cotbed... looks cool actually... how did I miss that?!

Thanks but I think it's just a cot as in it doesn't convert to a bed. Am going to convert it to a bedside cot ( mattress adjacent and same height as mine) by some carpentry magic. have you seen the price of those yokes. Robbery!

Also think I will stick to cheap foam mattress now. thanks for heads up quackles.

Ah you're right... I had a closer look... they shouldn't say "cot bed" cos then I get confused with "cotbed".

Yeah, those co sleepers are really expensive!! I wanted one... but it wouldn't clip onto my cheapy bed...

Grawns wrote: »
    Thanks but I think it's just a cot as in it doesn't convert to a bed. Am going to convert it to a bedside cot ( mattress adjacent and same height as mine) by some carpentry magic. have you seen the price of those yokes. Robbery!

Also think I will stick to cheap foam mattress now. thanks for heads up quackles.

No worries - good that someone else can learn from my experience, I left Emmett too long in the cot and he fell out head over heels :eek:

And yet I'm allowed have another one. There's no justice in the world ;)

Advertisement