Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Donegal GAA Thread

1232425262729»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Swashbuckling display today. Anyone heading up to Clones? Think we'll be heading again. Are we rooting for Armagh or Monaghan? Armagh for me

• Registered Users Posts: 29,294 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

The unbeatable, have been beaten.

Dún na nGall Abú!!

edit.

How come this thread is not more popular?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Mint Sauce wrote: »

Dún na nGall Abú!!

edit.

Ha ha well done Donegal....savage stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 45,820 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Yeeee haaaaawwwww :):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

320489.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 484 ✭✭RGM

There's a Donegal thread on the GAA board.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,975 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Well done lads and Jim, unbelievable performance.
    honestly thought myself it was a big ask, but great to see the Dubs put in their place, cocky beyond words in the lead-up to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Dún na nGall Abú!!

edit.

Try http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057052488

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,747 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

As a proud Dub I have to say well done to Your lads, yis showed us how to play football there on Sunday.
    Kerry for lovely girls competitions, Donegal for Sam!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

I gotta say i was offered a ticket for the semi and was sickened that it clashed with the picnic.

That being said being surrounded by Dubs in jerseys at the picnic and having a weekend of abuse from all my friends and that the satisfaction of giving score updates to EVERYONE on Sunday was one of the greatest feelings ever!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 889 ✭✭✭opiniated

The biggest satisfaction I got, (apart from us winning the game!) - was watching the young lad pick up over 2 grand on a bet he placed very early on in the season!

He called it in 2012, and told me put money on Donegal winning Sam. (I didn't)
    He seems to have called it again this year, so far.

I think I'll avoid putting any bets on, though!
    A: I've never placed a bet in my life!
    and B: He lost money last year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

danniemcq wrote: »
    I gotta say i was offered a ticket for the semi and was sickened that it clashed with the picnic.

That being said being surrounded by Dubs in jerseys at the picnic and having a weekend of abuse from all my friends and that the satisfaction of giving score updates to EVERYONE on Sunday was one of the greatest feelings ever!

I was actually offered a ticket too. But I didnt really have the money. (Also didn't wanna jinx us as the only two games I went to last year were Monaghan and Mayo :P )

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Timmyctc wrote: »
    I was actually offered a ticket too. But I didnt really have the money. (Also didn't wanna jinx us as the only two games I went to last year were Monaghan and Mayo :P )

Stay the f*ck away from the final or you will be banned and forced to play bad rats

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Is there anywhere online where you can buy those little county jersey air fresheners for the car? I used to have one but someone threw it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Just a note for anybody travelling through Strabane on the way to Croke Park on Sunday. With immaculate timing, the bypass will be closed on Saturday and Sunday. Depending on what direction your are coming from, diversions will be in place either through Clady and over the hill there or through the town, up the back of Sion Mills to Victoria Bridge.

RGM wrote: »
    There's a Donegal thread on the GAA board.

But considering this is the Donegal Forum, its nice to have our own informal thread on it, the same as we have a Finn Harps thread, and the Sligo Forum has a Rovers thread.

Just back, and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Didn't think we could play that badly. Awful all over the pitch.
    And to think we were still the wide of a post away from a replay too, just shows that any sort of performance would have won that today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,282 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

NIMAN wrote: »
    Just back, and to say I'm disappointed is an understatement.

Didn't think we could play that badly. Awful all over the pitch.
    And to think we were still the wide of a post away from a replay too, just shows that any sort of performance would have won that today.

the way they ran through them to nearly score i was thinking whythey couldnt have tried that earlier in the game !

ah well onto next year

Whats the story with the photoshoped pictures of Carlton Banks (fresh prince) in a Donegal Top dotted around The Diamond in Donegal Town?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭EunanMac

They didn't disgrace themselves this year, that's for sure.
    It was a great Season for Donegal, make no mistake.
    They just didn't seem to be able to muster the energy, drive, and intensity they had against Dublin. You can't afford to make any mistakes in front of Kerry. Not taking anything away from Kerry, they were cool, calm, and collected, but the two goals and two of the points Kerry scored were a direct result of complete Donegal bloopers. You might get away with that when playing lesser teams, but you cannot expect to turn over possession to the likes of Kerry and get away with it. On a positive note, Donegal's defence was very successful from preventing Kerry scoring points. Kerry scored very few points from play.
    Kerry also showed themselves again to be the masters of running down the clock.
    That Kerry team is very young, we'll be seeing a lot more of them.
    For next season, it's time Donegal put one or two lads out to pasture, and let a couple of new bloods in.
    That's if McGuiness stays, and the board listen to him, and the politics that usually ruins Donegal is kept out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

http://www.donegalnow.com/article/5766

Jimmy stands down. Felt it coming but still a kick in the teeth. All the best

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

Don't know if there's any truth in it but my cousin told me that the board wanted rid of him. He said they were annoyed with how much money he was spending? Like I said, don't know if that's just idle gossip but seems quite a few people were expecting this. Shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,198 ✭✭✭buckfasterer

Don't know if there's any truth in it but my cousin told me that the board wanted rid of him. He said they were annoyed with how much money he was spending? Like I said, don't know if that's just idle gossip but seems quite a few people were expecting this. Shame.

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. Back to the good old days we go if the board have their way. Wasn't that when they were getting the plaudits in 2012.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,202 ✭✭✭overshoot

il post here seen as i already see the odd wum putting their head into the gaa forum thread and il probably bite.
    so long jim & thanks for the memories, been a fantastic 5 years.
    theres been heartbreak, murphys penalty going sky high from the cross bar in breffini to mcfaddens near miss, but with it all has been more success than we have ever enjoyed. 3 ulsters, an AI title and another final, an u21 ulster and Ai final, is more than anyone could have dreamed of towards the end of the 00s

Hopefully the one legacy left is belief going forward, more often than not, we have had good squads, just often lacked the belief to make the most of it. Im sure others will say ifs and buts regarding kerry but as far as im concerned we left nothing behind and can say everything was given over the last few years. Cant ask anymore. Enjoy some time with the family! Its well earned!

Couldn't agree more.

Whatever they say about Jim, his style or tactics, he brought a lot of joy to the people of Donegal over the last 4 years, when there wasn't much else to cheer us up.

He will always be a legend in the NW, and I think his legacy will continue in GAA for a long time, as I think he was revolutionary in his approach.

Thanks for the memories Jim.

Advertisement