Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

John O'Donavan from Cork

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

snubbleste wrote: »
    Dunno, but i want to know what phone plan he's on.
    The reverse call plan ;)

Prendeville seems to be doing a lot of talking to himself these days, must be an indicator that his listeners haven't played with the knob :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

He's getting great mileage on the airwaves altogether this week. Every flippin' station I tune into he's on it.

Some tulip is John O'D!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

Does he work

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Does he work

He hasn't time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,352 ✭✭✭ofcork

Photographed on the echo during the week at the water meter protest.

• Advertisement

How (if he's not working) can he claim DSP payment/ Surely being a professional protestor makes him unavailable for work? And a man that clearly despises the government and its institutions is hardly going to accept money from the state?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

ofcork wrote: »
    Photographed on the echo during the week at the water meter protest.
    Throw up a picture of him just to see does he look as stupid as he sounds :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭mikeym

How (if he's not working) can he claim DSP payment/ Surely being a professional protestor makes him unavailable for work? And a man that clearly despises the government and its institutions is hardly going to accept money from the state?

Thats a good point.

Somebody should rat him out :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭Temaz

Does he work

Nope. He was questioned by a caller on 96fm who was fed up of him being on every station she tuned into.

When she asked if he was working he stuttered and said "Painter & Decorator"

Yeah! He is in his ****!!!

Temaz wrote: »
    Nope. He was questioned by a caller on 96fm who was fed up of him being on every station she tuned into.

When she asked if he was working he stuttered and said "Painter & Decorator"

Yeah! He is in his ****!!!

If he put more of his energy into looking for employment instead of ringing up every radio station in the country, surely he'd qualify for a CE scheme since he's long term unemployed.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭TBP

Sam Kade wrote: »
    Throw up a picture of him just to see does he look as stupid as he sounds :)

I had an image of him in my head and after a quick search on Google there he looked exactly how I thought he'd look. Fond of the sunglasses to it seems!

John got a mention on the Irish Independent about the water meter protest.

http://www.independent.ie/irish-news/standoff-between-irate-families-and-irish-water-workers-enters-second-day-30209426.html
    Another protestor, John O’Donovan of the Campaign Against Home and and Water Taxes, said the peaceful demonstration was an example of how "people power can triumph."

"We stood and blocked them while their were digging. They have no consent from any of the householders to do this," he said.

"Basically what they are doing is pushing contracts on people and it is a one-sided contract."

"They have no permission given by anyone...to be putting meters outside people's homes. They are pushing this on us without even asking for permission to do so".

In the video hes the one in the white cap and sunglasses.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭corkonion

MAN DOWN ........John O Donovan is on Red fm now with Neil Prenderville and is down, claims an Irish water employee pushed a barrier at him and an ambulance is at the scene... Hope he isint too seriously injured or he wont be able to go on other stations today (Neill seems to be taking it all very lightheartedly) dunno why.
    Maybe this will qualify him for a disability allowance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭Expunge

Claim coming, no doubt.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

John is martyr to the cause as he lays on the ground injured and talking live to Red FM.

Ambulance on the way, Gardaí on the way, major accident plan alert on yellow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭Expunge

Joe might have him on Lavelahn later to recount the full horrific story, leaving out no detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

corkonion wrote: »
    MAN DOWN ........John O Donovan is on Red fm now with Neil Prenderville and is down, claims an Irish water employee pushed a barrier at him and an ambulance is at the scene... Hope he isint too seriously injured or he wont be able to go on other stations today (Neill seems to be taking it all very lightheartedly) dunno why.
    Maybe this will qualify him for a disability allowance?

Let's just hope that his vocal cords haven't been damaged......

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

Expunge wrote: »
    Joe might have him on Lavelahn later to recount the full horrific story, leaving out no detail.

Joe can ask him "How's the leg?"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,937 ✭✭✭Cool_CM

Video of poor John being taken away can be seen here, neck brace and all:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/cork-residents-continue-tense-stand-off-on-water-meters-629174.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

He's a bit of a nut, I wonder was it the fall or the radiation from the meters that inured him. Actually, maybe he just got his phone bill after the various researchers on the phone in shows stopped calling him.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Someone get him a phone charger quick!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

years ago he would have been sectioned, society has become very tolerant.

my friend wrote: »
    years ago he would have been sectioned, society has become very tolerant.
    Ah c'mon he's standing up for what he believes in. Society would be very boring if we were all the same.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I don't think he actually believes in all these causes he associates himself with, it's just something for him to do by all accounts.

Would he not better off spending his time trying to get a job?

Would he not better off spending his time trying to get a job?
    He already has one - an outraged member of the public :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,690 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Can somebody organise an e-get well soon card for poor aul John.

I have a feeling that John likes to think of himself as the Irish equivalent of the student standing in front of the tank in Tiananmen Square.

getwell.jpg

He'll be able to claim disability now for his injury :D

He did an interview which is on the Red Fm hourly news.

Im doing a boards collection to buy John some flowers and a get well soon card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭Red Nissan

mikeym wrote: »
    Im doing a boards collection to buy John some flowers and a get well soon card.

Here's mine :)

305196.gif

Advertisement