Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Emmerdale [News, Spoilers and Discussion]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Cookie89

Not sure if this is the reight place for this, but just wondering does any one know what breed the dog was the Rhona "gave birth to " at the end of Friday's show? I thought it was adorable.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭Getting there

Pretty sure it was a Shih-tzu puppy, i think

• Registered Users Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭Sids Not

Cant understand why they killed off Clyde....perfect oppertunity to get rid of "The worst actor in a soap award"...Paddy or "special-needs" Marlon.....Clyde put them to shame..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

Sids Not wrote: »
    Cant understand why they killed off Clyde....perfect oppertunity to get rid of "The worst actor in a soap award"...Paddy or "special-needs" Marlon.....Clyde put them to shame..:rolleyes:

Aaw - not fair!!
    Paddy is brilliant with Aaron, but I do agree that Marlon is EXTREMELY annoying and unable to act!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Pretty sure it was a Shih-tzu puppy, i think

That puppy was adorable, I want him :D He looked like a teddy bear :D

Shih%20Tzu%20Puppy%20for%20Sale1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84,988 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This is the dramatic moment that a train collides with Jackson Walsh's van in Emmerdale, leaving the life of a show favourite hanging in the balance.

In shock scenes to air next Wednesday, disaster will strike after Jackson (Marc Silcock) and boyfriend Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) head out for the night with Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt) and Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock).

The foursome travel together in Jackson's van, but a tragic twist of fate sees the vehicle veer off the road, flip upside down and end up on some nearby train tracks.

Soon afterwards, the driver of an oncoming train spots the vehicle's bright lights ahead - but quickly realises that he has no time to avoid a devastating collision.

550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_1.jpg

While Aaron, Jackson, Paddy and Marlon all get into the vehicle at the start of the evening, one will be left in jeopardy after the crash. However, details of whose life will be left on the line are being kept closely under wraps until transmission.

An Emmerdale spokesperson commented: "This is an incredibly dramatic episode and is the start of one of the most emotional stories we'll ever tell.

"In a tragic turn of events, it will bring together four of our most cherished characters for a gripping and poignant hour-long special which will leave viewers with their hearts in their mouths."

550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_2.jpg

Emmerdale's shock train crash airs on Wednesday, October 6 at 7pm on ITV1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Aaw - not fair!!
    Paddy is brilliant with Aaron, but I do agree that Marlon is EXTREMELY annoying and unable to act!! :D

Thats not fair either :D

Hopefully it's not Marlon; what if someone died. No one could do his "my Tricia died speech". One of the best in Emmerdale I think. Also brings some much needed eye candy to the soap.

Epicurus wrote: »
    Thats not fair either :D

Hopefully it's not Marlon; what if someone died. No one could do his "my Tricia died speech". One of the best in Emmerdale I think. Also brings some much needed eye candy to the soap.

You fancy Marlon :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    This is the dramatic moment that a train collides with Jackson Walsh's van in Emmerdale, leaving the life of a show favourite hanging in the balance.

In shock scenes to air next Wednesday, disaster will strike after Jackson (Marc Silcock) and boyfriend Aaron Livesy (Danny Miller) head out for the night with Paddy Kirk (Dominic Brunt) and Marlon Dingle (Mark Charnock).

The foursome travel together in Jackson's van, but a tragic twist of fate sees the vehicle veer off the road, flip upside down and end up on some nearby train tracks.

Soon afterwards, the driver of an oncoming train spots the vehicle's bright lights ahead - but quickly realises that he has no time to avoid a devastating collision.

550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_1.jpg

While Aaron, Jackson, Paddy and Marlon all get into the vehicle at the start of the evening, one will be left in jeopardy after the crash. However, details of whose life will be left on the line are being kept closely under wraps until transmission.

An Emmerdale spokesperson commented: "This is an incredibly dramatic episode and is the start of one of the most emotional stories we'll ever tell.

"In a tragic turn of events, it will bring together four of our most cherished characters for a gripping and poignant hour-long special which will leave viewers with their hearts in their mouths."

550w_soaps_emmerdale_crash_aut_2010_2.jpg

Emmerdale's shock train crash airs on Wednesday, October 6 at 7pm on ITV1.

If as i expect someone may be left disabled following this storyline, i hope that it is done correct and that whichever one is not left to sit an mope around, instead they should try and get on with their life as best as they can, and find ways around challenges they will face.

Love that promo picture of the lads :D heehee

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭Epicurus

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    You fancy Marlon :eek:

oh ya; but who wouldn't.

oh ya; but who wouldn't.

Me! :P

oh ya; but who wouldn't.

Or me but each to their own I guess
    No one dies but Jackson is to be left paralysed

I think I used to have a soft spot for marlon, it depends on the storyline at the time, I'm fickle like that :P

Damnit jp liz I can't resist reading a spoiler :D:D

Emmerdale has revealed the new dynasty that will reign at Home Farm when the Wylde family empire crumbles.

With Amanda Donohoe (Natasha Wylde), Alice Coulthard (Maisie Wylde) and Lyndon Ogbourne (Nathan Wylde) all exiting the ITV soap, it has been confirmed that Declan Macey, played by Jason Merrells, will take over the estate.

However, Declan - who joined the soap in April - will also be joined by his "somewhat dysfunctional" family who "sweep into the village ready to make their mark on Home Farm".

Famed for his role as Father Jack in Father Ted, Frank Kelly will play Declan's "eccentric and quick-witted" dad Dermot, who arrives in the village when his houseboat sinks.
    Dermot is described as having a "mischievous streak" and the ability to wind his son up the wrong way.

Kelly said: "I'm a big fan of the show so I'm looking forward to making myself at home in The Woolpack! Dermot is a real character and I can't wait to get started."

550w_soaps_emmerdale_the_maceys_2.jpg

Former Doctors actress Corrinne Wicks has joined the cast as Declan's estranged wife Ella. The sexy and savvy businesswoman is determined to win back her ex-husband as she returns from Singapore, where she runs a lucrative chain of nail bars.

"I'm so thrilled to be joining the fantastic cast of Emmerdale," Wicks said. "Ella is going to be great fun. She's feisty and glamorous with a no-nonsense attitude. I can't wait to get started as the Maceys make their mark on the Dales."

Meanwhile, never far behind Ella, is daughter Mia, played by Britannia High star Sapphire Elia. Fun-loving and carefree, Mia promises to turn a few heads upon her entrance.

"I'm so excited," Elia said. "Emmerdale is such an established and well-loved show and it's a brilliant opportunity for me."

She continued: "Mia is full of fun and I can't wait to see what she's going to get up to."

Emmerdale series producer Gavin Blyth added: "I'm so pleased to be welcoming three superb actors to our cast at this exciting time.

"The Maceys are glamorous and dynamic, and their move to the big house signals a new era at Home Farm which will see them firmly at the centre of some of our most compelling storylines."

The Maceys will begin to arrive on screen from November.

Love that promo picture of the lads :D heehee

I think thats the album cover.."Emmer-life...or Emmer-Boyz" anyone...:D

TBH if they were all written out i would'nt be bovvered.....:p

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

it will be weird when ''fr jack'' talks in full english, cos was so used to him 'feck ''girls. as we irish know him as minister for hard ship in halls pictorial weekly all those years ago, great to see him on tv again, but dont he have cancer ?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

Aaron is a brilliant actor. him and jackson are brilliant together

my heart goes out to Aaron

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I know, poor Aaron- how guilty will he feel, telling his boyfriend he doesn't love him only for him to drive off upset and have a horrific accident. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,503 ✭✭✭baldbear

I'd say jackson will end up in a wheelchair and then Aaron will realise he loves him then after a while jackson will miraculously walk again!

• Advertisement

baldbear wrote: »
    I'd say jackson will end up in a wheelchair and then Aaron will realise he loves him then after a while jackson will miraculously walk again!

I'd say you've hit the nail on the head there.
    Poor Aaron - he's such a brilliant actor and they are so cute together.
    I loved it when Jackson said "have you seen my mate Aaron - he looks a bit like you but more :mad:" That was funny! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭lmahoney79

The guy who plays Aaron is a great little actor, he can play the tough guy and soft and vunerable, Jackson cant cry as well as he can though but still they work well together..

Emmerdale's Marc Silcock has confirmed that he has extended his contract to remain in the show until spring next year.

The actor, who portrays Jackson Walsh, told Digital Spy that he was pleased to know that he will have spent at least a year in the Yorkshire soap.

"I've just been extended, which takes me through until spring next year, which is fantastic," he said.

He continued: "At the moment, I know I'm there until early next year. I'm there for the first couple of months of 2011 which will be great as it will see me through a year.

"What happens after that is completely up to the bosses but all I know is that."

Emmerdale's executive producer Gavin Blyth praised Silcock and said that it would have been "silly" of the soap to let him go.

"Marc's performances have been absolutely fantastic," he said. "So we would be silly not to keep him and enjoy more of Marc and Jackson."

He added: "We've actually just extended his contract a little bit more into 2011 which is great. The chemistry is so good and the story has proved phenomenally successful.

"We'd be daft to break that partnership up."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,858 ✭✭✭Deise Tom

baldbear wrote: »

Things dont happen like that. I hope Emmerdale handle the story in the right way and show people the challenges that disabled people face on a daily basis, including ones created by over educated people who know everything that can be read in a book, but when it comes to common sense have not one atom between their ears. I talk about town planners, engineers etc who predestrionise some streets in towns etc and at the same time make them almost unexcessable for disabled people, all because they think it would look nice.

Michael J. Jackson has joined the cast of Emmerdale, Digital Spy can confirm.

The stage and screen actor is to play Jackson Walsh's (Marc Silcock) father Jerry. He will make his debut on screen this Friday after being contacted by his estranged wife Hazel (Pauline Quirke) in the aftermath of tonight's accident.

Speaking to DS, Silcock revealed that viewers will discover a lot about Jackson through his "strained" relationship with Jerry.

550w_soaps_emmerdale_aaron_michael_jackson_2.jpg

"This is a big key to understanding why Jackson is like he is," he teased. "Why he is so understanding of Aaron (Danny Miller) and why the relationship is as it is."

He added: "We understand that a lot seeing his father and seeing the interaction between Pauline Quirke and Michael. We will understand a lot of Jackson's background."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭paddyismaddy

paddy and marlon were funny at the gay pub last night

paddy and marlon were funny at the gay pub last night

Future story there me thinks....:D...they fitted right in..if you know what i mean...;);)

Bit sad though if Jackson ends up in a chair....now what other soap has just introduced a disabled..mmm let me think......:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Dilynnio

Just watched Emmerdale for the first time in ages.

Aaron is an amazing actor......I am well impressed!

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭cats.life

oh jackson dont look good at all. touch and go,,,but nathen is getting better with his looney mind. he is good lately but ive said ive hated him but he does get us talking bout his weirdness. just waiting to see what next he is going to do.

• Advertisement

Emmerdale star Deena Payne is to leave the soap after 18 years in the role of Viv Hope, it has been announced.

The actress will bow out from the part within the next few months - though details of her final storyline are currently being kept closely under wraps.

Despite the secrecy surrounding Viv's forthcoming departure, show producers have confirmed that her exit will be at the heart of a "huge winter storyline".

In a statement, Payne commented: "Emmerdale has been such a gift to me for the past 18 years and I've taken every challenge with both hands and enjoyed the ride.

"I'm very proud of Viv and the impact she has had over the years. I will miss putting on her shoulder pads and high heels every morning, but I am very excited about what the future holds."

Emmerdale's series producer Gavin Blyth added: "Deena created one of Emmerdale's most iconic characters in Viv. She's been a fundamental part of the show over the years and a valued member of the cast for which we are very grateful.

"We do not take decisions about losing characters lightly, but it is also the nature of soap that characters must come and go from village life. Deena's exit will be both unmissable and moving."

Viv's most recent storyline has seen her split from husband Bob (Tony Audenshaw), though there have since been hints that the sharp-witted character is struggling to move on following the break-up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement