Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Nothing i really want so far, but hopefully today's will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Might pick up F1 2010 for €20. Other than that nothing so far to tempt me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

I picked up these;

Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Retribution €14.99
    Borderlands GOTY €12.50
    BIT.TRIP.RUNNER €2

I already had Borderlands on disc, but I figured it was worth it for all the included DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

I guess the best bet with these sales is to stick to the daily deals until near the last day and then pick up other stuff..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Might pick up F1 2010 for €20. Other than that nothing so far to tempt me.

New one is due out in a couple of months. Since it's a 'new' franchise, the improvements from first game to second may more significant than any of the subsequent sequels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Mantel

Been through too many sales to have anything I want to buy :( Have a feeling it's going to be like the last two sales, just going to be meh for most of the it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

For those that dont know, you can get a ticket to be entered into the draw for games off your wishlist by simply joining the Summer Camp group. You can find the link at the bottom of the list of today's activities called 'Welcome to Camp'. You need to have at least 10 games in your wishlist to qualify too.
    http://store.steampowered.com/summersale/prizebooth/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭death1234567

Fnz wrote: »
    New one is due out in a couple of months. Since it's a 'new' franchise, the improvements from first game to second may more significant than any of the subsequent sequels.
    Yeah but it'll also be €50 not €20 :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,640 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Lead and Gold for $1.50 is great value. Already had my fun out of it and probably go back for more.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Might get the witcher 2

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Might get the witcher 2

It's a fantastic game, though cheaper if you just pick it up in the shops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,999 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Kiith wrote: »
    It's a fantastic game, though cheaper if you just pick it up in the shops.

Your right 31.49 on play and 29.99 in game

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭DevilsBreath

Just got the THQ Hit Collection pack for €50.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,848 ✭✭✭Fnz

Yeah but it'll also be €50 not €20 :p.

True, I didn't enjoy F1 2010. It turned me off the franchise. To my mind, there had better be significant changes before I'd play another.

So you could look at as a cheap way into the franchise, with a risk of being soured on it.

Redeemed 3 Tickets for the Defense Grid DLC. I just saved 8 dollars!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

Just got the THQ Hit Collection pack for €50.

Yeah defo gonna pick it up at some point.

unsurprisingly, the store server crashes right when the yesterday deals stop and the new ones begin. Patch rolling out for CS:S - 7 headshots in a row without dying. ****ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Is just cause worth it?
    and what's with the DLC packs? they seem worthless, but are they?

Probably worth more than Sunglasses for TF2. Which I just redeemed 3 more tickets for!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

/\/ollog wrote: »
    Is just cause worth it?
    and what's with the DLC packs? they seem worthless, but are they?

Very repetitive

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Just Cause 2 is great fun in short bursts. Probably one of the purest 'sandbox' games, and there's much fun to be had leaping out of all sorts of vehicles while blowing stuff up. Attempts at actually structuring an engaging story and missions around it are where the trouble begins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

I loved JC2, and normally I'm not a huge fan of that style of game. There's not much variety, but what you do is so much fun it kept me entertaining; I finished the game though didn't get anywhere near 100% completion. A must-buy IMO.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 232 ✭✭lemon_remon

Battlefront 2 is on sale as well for €2.24 but does anyone know if there are still servers up and running?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

KOTOR at 2.24 is brilliant and Just Cause 2 at 4.99, pity i have both :)
    Heroes V comes with Dark Messiah which i loved at the time but is Heroes V any use?
    do you reckon they will do indie packs like last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Burgo wrote: »
    Yeah defo gonna pick it up at some point.

i was just about to post it in bargain alerts. 50 quid for that packadge is freaking amazing!!!

unfortunatly i dont have even 50 spare ! :(

I have almost everything in that pack already and nothing else I'd want to buy is in it sadly except maybe Homefront. But a fantastic deal I just don't have the money to buy Homefront and 2 DoW II expansions.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Heroes V saying 2.50 on front page but 6.24 on linked page :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Glebee

Thats for the Heroes Pack..

If you click on Heroes of Might and Magic after home screen you can
    get it for €2.50

Black Ops has changed price upwards I see as well

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I righted a great injustice and bought KotOR.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,406 ✭✭✭Nollog

Glebee wrote: »
    Black Ops has changed price upwards I see as well

Mhm, the prices are a bit of a joke this year.

Advertisement