Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Jersey Sightings

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

blorg wrote: »
    Should have been looking where you were going :)

I know

Yep.....walked straight into that one :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Saw AstraMonti this morning cycling by Reynards, on the BeOne!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭AstraMonti

alfalad wrote: »
    Saw AstraMonti this morning cycling by Reynards, on the BeOne!

You should have shouted! :pac:

AstraMonti wrote: »
    You should have shouted! :pac:

Was about to but you were going round a corner and last thing i wanted was for you to look round to see who shouted and then fall off! So said best not to!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,261 Mod ✭✭✭✭Chips Lovell

Renards at what time this morning? Must have been a good night.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭irishmotorist

Lumen wrote: »
    I recognised your legs from the Wicklow 200.
    Hmmmm.....not entirely sure how to take that one :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Vélo

Hmmmm.....not entirely sure how to take that one :confused:

Just as well it wasn't your arse!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

R748 Carnew-Aughrim @ 7.20am this morning :eek:. At least one jersey in a group of about 10. I waved on my way to work! Black Honda.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

Seen one Sat evening around 18:00 going up skerries main street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭emty

david wrote: »
    R748 Carnew-Aughrim @ 7.20am this morning :eek:. At least one jersey in a group of about 10. I waved on my way to work! Black Honda.
    We had been on the road since 4am which might explain why I never noticed you waving :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

n4 this evening, full gear on a wine coloured steel looking road bike?

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Today about 6pm, Ninth Lock Junction onto Nangor Road, heading for Naas Road ? Another (or the same) wine/brown steel road bike ? I beeped from the car, but I think the rider thought I was giving out !

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭sickle

i generally see a boards jersey heading from rathmines direction through rathgar in the evenings.

mloc123 wrote: »
    n4 this evening, full gear on a wine coloured steel looking road bike?

Saw the same guy on the Clontarf cycle track just after st annes park on the way towards sutton cross. I said hello and was the guy on the black road bike and the black and red caisse d'epargne jersey.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 11,290 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hermy

Not only did I see a Boards jersey today but I spoke to the person wearing it.

I can imagine the headlines:
    Shock as Taxi Driver and Cyclist Exchange Pleasantries:eek:
    There was traffic chaos in Dublin today when a cyclist and a taxi driver paused at a major intersection in the City Centre to say hello. Passers-by were shocked and appalled by the complete lack of animosity displayed by the two road users towards each other. Indeed one witness who preferred to remain anonymous said he clearly saw them share a joke.
    A file has been sent to the D.P.P.
    Hi Scott.:p

Genealogy Forum Mod

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

Saw a Boardsie in the Phoenix Park tonight. I'd say it was around 7.20. His bike seemed to have the word "AMERICAN" printed on the side of it, but I guess it could have been "MERCIAN" or "MERIDA"!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭scottreynolds

LastGasp wrote: »
    Today about 6pm, Ninth Lock Junction onto Nangor Road, heading for Naas Road ? Another (or the same) wine/brown steel road bike ? I beeped from the car, but I think the rider thought I was giving out !
    Saw the same guy on the Clontarf cycle track just after st annes park on the way towards sutton cross. I said hello and was the guy on the black road bike and the black and red caisse d'epargne jersey.

:) I was cross crossing the city trying to get from Town --> Clondakin --> Home. For a minute there i was concerned there were two of me. As for beeping I was 99% sure it was a friendly toot

Hermy wrote: »
    Not only did I see a Boards jersey today but I spoke to the person wearing it.

I can imagine the headlines:
    Hi Scott.:p

Yes it was funny -- especially the way you propositioned me... "Hey, which one are you!" Hope the evening went well - traffic looked fun

• Registered Users Posts: 638 ✭✭✭LastGasp

Hi Scott, Sounds like you were spotted about 5 times on one trip - got to be a record ! You might have seen I've started a thread for some more Boards Gear. There seems to be a good bit of interest so If you don't mind I'll PM you for contact details of the supplier and any other useful info !

:) I was cross crossing the city trying to get from Town --> Clondakin --> Home. For a minute there i was concerned there were two of me. As for beeping I was 99% sure it was a friendly toot

Ah thought it might have been you but from the side it was hard to tell, that plus the blurred vision from me being about to keel over!!

Also where was the White Scott?? I assume thats the commuter bike so!

• Advertisement

Ah thought it might have been you but from the side it was hard to tell, that plus the blurred vision from me being about to keel over!!

Also where was the White Scott?? I assume thats the commuter bike so!
    yeah thats my commuter hack machine. Its slightly to long for me but I guess you weren't analysing my biomechanics on the bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Saw ROK ON at about 7 this morning commuting to work through the Pheonix park. I was just on a early quick park spin before work myself ... also kinda hurt my right knee.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭ROK ON

Saw Caroline powering her way thru Chesterfield Ave of pk this am.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Fredo

Saw a ladie on a fixie on Merrion square at 5:30 with full boards.ie kit.
    Est-ce que c'etait Caroline_ie?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,400 ✭✭✭Caroline_ie

Fredo wrote: »

Nope - was not me - I don't wear the Boards shorts - Could have been LDB and her single speed :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

Fredo wrote: »
    Nope - was not me - I don't wear the Boards shorts - Could have been LDB and her single speed :P

Must have been me alright. I was passing there in my kit at that time.

LDB wrote: »
    Must have been me alright. I was passing there in my kit at that time.

5:30
    are you mad !!!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LDB

5:30
    are you mad !!!!!!!!!!

5:30 yesterday evening I presume. not today!

LDB wrote: »
    5:30 yesterday evening I presume. not today!

Okay -- I thought for a minute there you were going to say, "Pro's never sleep."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭Blowfish

Spotted one stopped at the lights at Frascati/Rock road yesterday evening just after 5pm heading towards the city centre as I was going the opposite way. I was debating waving/making random hand signals but figured it would just confuse everyone else stopped there.

Advertisement