Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Feeling Nauseous

• 26-08-2009 5:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭

i wounder can any one help?

my doctor put me on antibiotics last week called (by-mycin) a 7 day course i was OK for the first 3days but after that i start feeling Nauseous like a sea sick feeling and could not keep food down my stomach was doing 360s ,

is this normal on antibiotics if so does this feeling last long ?
    i was to take the last one today but cant face another day of that Nauseous feeling, i still fell a bit ropey today .

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 37,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭Khannie

Give your doctor a ring

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

would of but he is not there today .i wanted to pick people's brains on here to see if anyone else had the same effects rather than" give my doctor a ring " but thanks for your advice any way .

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Sorry, no medical advice allowed on boards.ie. As has been said, call your GP, if he's not available go to another GP...
    Read the antibiotic instructions carefully and follow them.

EDIT: Thread re-opened by request. Please do not give any medical advice but feel free to share any experience you have of taking by-mycin :) Thanks folks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

According to medicines.ie gastrointestinal disturbances are common when taking By-Mycin. There may have been a leaflet with the tablets with the same infomation. If you are finding the nausea particularly difficult you should contact your doctor.

http://www.medicines.ie/medicine/3012/SPC/By-Mycin+50mg+Capsules/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 629 ✭✭✭blinkey 101

Thanks for your replies guys .

yes i read the leaflet it said that side affects could make you feel nauseous .

suppose what i should of asked was how long the feeling lasts .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭akaMrSmith

I was given these by my dentist 6 weeks ago. I was given 20, after I took 11 of them I had very bad stomach pains so I stopped taking them. Over a month later the pains are getting worse. Im 4 weeks out of work and I dont get sick pay. I cannot afford to go to the doctor. I am applying for a medical card on Monday, HSE tell me it will take about two weeks to get approved/denied. I will have to wait another two weeks before I can get medical help and that if I get approved for the medical card.
    I dont know much about medicine but I am glad I found this post. Ive searched the net for information about these pills and it seems up to 20% of people that take them get side effects. My dentist never told me they were dangerous and I did read the informational leaflet that came with them. It does say there are possible side effects but to be honest all medications say that, I have never had a bad reaction to medication before.
    These tablets have created more problems than they cured, the tooth that was giving me pain is still giving me pain after I spent over €400 on treatment. I am out of pocket over €3,000 because of this tooth between dental charges and lost wages. I should have had the dentist pull it and not wasted time and money trying to save it. I will never take these tablets again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement