Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

The A/R Off Topic Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭Munster_Gal

Daithi BC wrote: »
    If you like, I can lend you my Leinster jersey so that you fit in with the rest of the crowd. ;)

Excellent... That's gonna save me a fortune in petrol and matches for the bonfires on the way home :D

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭stmochtas

Anyone else watched "The Wire", the box set is unbelievably addicitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Thank god it s friday is all i can say, another 5 days stuck in an office and im wrecked. looking forward to chilling out and doing some of that stuff we cant mention in this thread. grand weather outside too!! the bright evenings next week will be class!!

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

*drumroll*

I'm finished my finals! *\o/*

Now to sleep. Tired kirby is tired.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

stmochtas wrote: »

Yeah it was class I must have watched it all in 2/3 weeks and why do you end up liking certain characters (Omar and so didn't see that happening :eek:)
    Don't want to spoil it for anyone but well worth a watch and not too far off being soprano standard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

Woddle wrote: »
    well worth a watch and not too far off being soprano standard

:eek:

GTFO

Sopranos = best ever. Only thing to come close in terms of quality is Entourage.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,495 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

stmochtas wrote: »
    A huge fan. My only disappointment is that I'll never get to watch it for the first time ever again. Well worth watching is 'The Corner' a series that pre-dates 'The Wire' made by the same team, featuring many of the same actors.

Also 'Generation Kill' by the same team but on a very different subject (The Iraqi War) which is going to air on Channel 4 soon, is very good.

I'm saving The Sopranos, until I really need it. Desert Island type situation. :)

:eek:

GTFO

Sopranos = best ever. Only thing to come close in terms of quality is Entourage.

Love entourage can't wait for the next season. One other program that I love equally to the sopranos is the west wing, the shield showed promise but failed in the end in my eyes.

I'm drunk for the first time since New Year's...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,096 ✭✭✭--amadeus--

1720021.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Racing Flat

One other program that I love equally to the sopranos is the west wing, the shield showed promise but failed in the end in my eyes.

2 good shouts. Seen only bits of Shield, but like it even though it's a bit much

Nothing like a bit of retail therapy to help you recover from a break up :D Just went out and bought a new flat screen tv and ordered Sky+
    No more Chorus for me woo hoo!!!!!!

GO ON IRELAND :D

Kinda half-watching the match at the moment...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,109 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Kinda half-watching the match at the moment...

I turned it off (Earth hour) and all the lights along with it. Things have gotten less boring already. :D

How's the head? :)

GO ON IRELAND :D

Jinx! :p

Ah it's fine, but my longest sleep in months helped with that too. The match is boring as hell, but that's pretty much to be expected from our football team!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So todays plan was to go for a scenic drive from LA to Vegas via Death Valley, just becasue it was there.

I now find myself stranded on the wrong side of the bottom of Death Valley though after some fancy computer system in the rental car has decided to keep on shutting down the accelerator of the minivan. "Luckly" though this decided to happen at the top of the first mountain range so we could just coast down the hill and we then came across a gas station/ RV park and restaurant that happened to have free wifi access. A few Skype calls later and we are now stuck here for at least another 5 hours before a replacement vehicle gets towed out to us. Means that the best case now is that we'll not get into Vegas until about 3am, but at least we are not going to melt into the desert floor now I guess.

We did just get told by someone else here of some other people before who were stuck for 72 hours before getting rescued though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭jlang

robinph wrote: »
    ... before a replacement vehicle gets towed out to us.
    :eek: A service designed to inspire confidence, I'm sure.

robinph wrote: »
    So todays plan was to go for a scenic drive from LA to Vegas via Death Valley, just becasue it was there.

I now find myself stranded on the wrong side of the bottom of Death Valley though after some fancy computer system in the rental car has decided to keep on shutting down the accelerator of the minivan. "Luckly" though this decided to happen at the top of the first mountain range so we could just coast down the hill and we then came across a gas station/ RV park and restaurant that happened to have free wifi access. A few Skype calls later and we are now stuck here for at least another 5 hours before a replacement vehicle gets towed out to us. Means that the best case now is that we'll not get into Vegas until about 3am, but at least we are not going to melt into the desert floor now I guess.

We did just get told by someone else here of some other people before who were stuck for 72 hours before getting rescued though.

I'm on that page in ultramarathon man :D there camper broke down also, does not sound like a pleasant experience

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

IT'S FRIDAY!!!!!

Can't you just run to Vegas?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Yay, we finally made it to Vegas. Now to see how much money I can lose.

It was starting to get a bit worrying for a while when we were watching for every set of traffic lights coming over the horizon ad trying to guess if it was the tow truck or not during the following 20 minutes that it took for the lights to reach where we were, especially as there was only maybe two cars passing each hour or may three in a busy period. We would have been seriously screwed if the car gave up at another point on the way through the valley though as there was no other place we could have made it to or got help from.

Dissapointed now that all I got to see today was a big dust storm and a desert at night time which isn't all that impressive.

You know you might possibly be obsessed when you dream about doing a triathlon...

I wish Friday was over already!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

if this groin strain doesnt clear up soon im going to go nuts!! its so nice out too!! thank god its friday too, roll on 5 o clock (im clearly dossing in work)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Soooo...to eat loads of easter eggs or to not eat loads of easter eggs :pac:

Eat them! It gives you an excuse for a nice long run to get rid of them ;)

at least that's my theory...

Just found this thread again... Just wanted to say..... :cool:

WOO HOO this time 2 weeks I'll have done my mini marathon and will be lying on a beach in Spain :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

zombie_1-9316_640x480.jpg

:D

Enjoy the holliers - my little lad asked me to go out and play ball but by the time we made it out the front door it was raining. "I hate Irish weather" he says...

Advertisement