Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS3 Battlefield 3 clan/people willing to play together?

1363738394042»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭johnny_adidas

Anyone getting Premium? €49.99 - guess its not too bad really for 3 expansions given the time ill invest in the game although you should get a reduction if you've already got B2K

Left the update install yesterday but havent played since

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Anyone getting Premium? €49.99 - guess its not too bad really for 3 expansions given the time ill invest in the game although you should get a reduction if you've already got B2K

€50! What a load of shít. It's $50. What kind of conversion rate do Sony/Dice have!

Do we know how much close quarters will cost? Surely it won't be more than €15 meaning the 3 would cost €45 by themselves.. so what am I missing?

Edit: Also the Vietnam expansion pack for BC2 was only €8 if I remember right (at least that's what I paid) and that was a massive expansion so I'd be expecting a lot with these new ones.

It really is crap like this which is why many hate DLC. I'm pretty sure a lot of Battlefield fanboys laughed about the COD elite subscription, this is the same damn thing and those same people will probably lap it up!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    Do we know how much close quarters will cost? Surely it won't be more than €15 meaning the 3 would cost €45 by themselves.. so what am I missing?

There's 4 not 3, and that excludes B2K.

Close Quarters
    Armored Kill
    Aftermath
    End Game

B2k was €14.99 for those that did not get it with the not so rare or special edition that was still the special edition.

Oh wait, its 5 expansions in total, B2K being included in the 5, and it looks as though they will be €15 each

Ill be buying it myself anyway, ive probably lost more than that on a night out

* Varik just got in there before me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭aindriu80

I downloaded the update and didn't notice a massive improvement in the controller lag but it seemed a bit quicker. I spent money on the Elite for COD and its the biggest waste of money I ever got. I would rather have got another game for that. I am only going to get close combat if its recommended by fellow gamers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Audio drop is worse than ever now. Only able to hear my own footsteps and gun fire. Sometimes I hear others shooting in or around me and when I check the minimap or check myself in game, no one's there...

Well done Dice, you manage to fix a few things and then break others completely. It's their MO at this stage I guess

ziba tower is mighty fun in team deathmatch. enjoying the new maps, particularly the vertical emphasis (dropping down behind people etc) and then switching back to the original ones for some vehicle action

ziba tower is mighty fun in team deathmatch. enjoying the new maps, particularly the vertical emphasis (dropping down behind people etc) and then switching back to the original ones for some vehicle action

It's small by BF3 standards but it's never crowded in any one area, 2-3 people near each other is the most you'll run into and they'll usually be spaced apart enough to give you an instant to reload or act.

These maps give deathmatch a point in BF, all the older ones were always too open or large. Haven't seem many LMGs being used but have seen the odd RPG so may be a few games where the place gets wreaked.

i cant make my mind up should I get premium ? i still enjoy playing metro tbh and don't really like COD like I used to. it just costs the same as a new game. What do you think ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,275 ✭✭✭Glico Man

aindriu80 wrote: »
    i cant make my mind up should I get premium ? i still enjoy playing metro tbh and don't really like COD like I used to. it just costs the same as a new game. What do you think ?

Basically it's down to yourself, if you still see yourself playing bf3 next March/April. If yes, then it's probably worth it if you take into account the dlc thats coming out between now and then.

While I'd be of an indifferent opinion to the new maps, overall I'd feel that premium is a good price for something which I'll still be playing this time next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Audio drop is worse than ever now. Only able to hear my own footsteps and gun fire. Sometimes I hear others shooting in or around me and when I check the minimap or check myself in game, no one's there...

Well done Dice, you manage to fix a few things and then break others completely. It's their MO at this stage I guess

Actually good to hear it's not just me.

I can hear direction a lot better since the patch but it does drop out more often, i don't think it stays off as long as before.

Had not bothered with Co-op till now, so **** you DICE; EXFILTRATION is so bloody broken i've repeated it 10 today and it won't continue.

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Basically it's down to yourself, if you still see yourself playing bf3 next March/April. If yes, then it's probably worth it if you take into account the dlc thats coming out between now and then.

While I'd be of an indifferent opinion to the new maps, overall I'd feel that premium is a good price for something which I'll still be playing this time next year.

I just downloaded it last night and I think is worth the money over the year. Close quarters is like Metro but better, there is more feedback from the game than what you actually do yourself. Thumbs up.

didnt really like scrapmetal at first but playing gunmaster was kinda fun. Conquest really does mean that you need to control the points as its just ridiculous with random spawn on that map.

Still prefer the older maps just for vehicles and larger scale. I def wont be playing the CQ maps right before going to bed again though. Very intense and have found myself needing a game on the older maps to calm down before i sign out.
    Reminds me of the adrenaline rush from trying to do the batman combat combos

Reminds me of the adrenaline rush from trying to do the batman combat combos

Not a fan of gun master yet, but just have to get guns down as there were a few that gave me problems. The games of dom i've played have be more about rapidly capturing rather than holding which while run doesn't work that well.

Say shock and awe would out rank combos or this on games that got the adrenaline going.

Yeah, thats the one im thinking of, rumble in the jungle / shock and awe extreme combat challenges, literally shaking from the concentration and not sleeping for an hour afterwards

Edit: Actually on a quick look at youtube it was prob sewer bat that was harder than rumble in the jungle

Varik, sorry bout abandoning our squad saturday night by the way, was trying to set up a squad for 4 of us but couldnt manage it so had to just move over to another full squad with a mate

Yeah, thats the one im thinking of, rumble in the jungle / shock and awe extreme combat challenges, literally shaking from the concentration and not sleeping for an hour afterwards

Edit: Actually on a quick look at youtube it was prob sewer bat that was harder than rumble in the jungle

I got the combo on sewer bat, the size worked well for moving between enemies a lot. the timer on shock and awe was what got me all the time, i'd have enough points but would just run out of time.

Varik, sorry bout abandoning our squad saturday night by the way, was trying to set up a squad for 4 of us but couldnt manage it so had to just move over to another full squad with a
    mate

Don't worry, can't remember but i think i left during that game before the end a few people dropped out a bit after you left and thought it was going cause more to leave.

I got premium the other night and quite like it. Some maps more so than others, the scrap metal is not my favourite, either is the operation 925 where a lot of the time you are in the dark either in the basement or unfinished parts of the office. Getting a good server with conquest on Ziba tower is great.

Close quarters tightens up a lot of the control problems with the ps3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Hi johnny

We decided that we'd team up with worldwide killerz (WWKz) as they have a great foundation to move forward and have weekly clan battles whereas 420 1NSOMN1A didn't have enough members solely committed that one clan and in the one clan battle that we played we got whooped by a far superior clan.:(

Not sure but I think I seen you joined the new clan today. I've played with them since I think Saturday and we easily get 12 online each night and stay on the same team and kick ass and we don't bitch about each other unlike some individuals who shall not be named :pac:

Here's the link for anyone interested- http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/platoon/2832655241199830671/
    lolguy.png

Bitches incessantly about other people bitching.

tshirt-bitch-please.jpg
    kensutz wrote: »
    steal-51-emma-watson-bitch-please.jpg

:)C4

Advertisement