Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A random waffle thread?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,127 ✭✭✭James Bond Junior

Ah yes the good old boards attitude of 'thou shalt not speak negative of anything to do with Linerick' is alive and well.

The Parkway is dated with little to offer. I don't give a toss if people can't see that or get upset by the truth.

Shock news, local people don't like local area being talked down.

Get a grip, there is plenty wrong with this city and well we know it, search Kennedy park residents association on FB for instance for a real insight into our biggest issue of a minority of locals perpetuating the image we unfairly garnered.

Just because people on here defend this town doesn't mean heads are in the sand but if people don't try an reinforce the positives on sites like boards etc then the negatives are allowed to outweigh the positives.

And anyway a few shítty tiles does not a shopping centre make, maybe if you didn't find fault with everything maybe people would take you seriously. Go up to Galway and wander around their smaller shopping centres and you'll see the Parkway has a lot going for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,764 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah yes the good old boards attitude of 'thou shalt not speak negative of anything to do with Linerick' is alive and well.

The Parkway is dated with little to offer. I don't give a toss if people can't see that or get upset by the truth.

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Parkway has plenty to offer however I dont see the point of having two large Dunnes stores within a stones throw of each other. But then Dunnes wouldnt want any other retailer like tesco or M&S going in there.

Plenty here to satisfy every shopper and the one key advantage it has over Limerick One is that its all covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,130 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

Just saw an ad on TV3, a news special in tomorrows Sunday World - Gangs of Limerick or some such...about how violent and more deadly than the last bunch they are these days...most likely with a plethora of new nicknames too...

These guys are actually dangerous...the journalists I mean!!!

• Site Banned Posts: 13 regular_slob

Just saw an ad on TV3, a news special in tomorrows Sunday World - Gangs of Limerick or some such...about how violent and more deadly than the last bunch they are these days...most likely with a plethora of new nicknames too...

These guys are actually dangerous...the journalists I mean!!!

the sunday world is a tabloid rag but that doesnt mean the story is incorrect

is it not always the case that the upcoming generation are worse than the previous one ? , its been the case everywhere else , scum breeds scum

• Advertisement

the sunday world is a tabloid rag but that doesnt mean the story is incorrect

is it not always the case that the upcoming generation are worse than the previous one ? , its been the case everywhere else , scum breeds scum

I see from your other posts you have whole heartedly bought into the tabloid version of Limerick...good luck to you!

I see from your other posts you have whole heartedly bought into the tabloid version of Limerick...good luck to you!

im sorry but you are mistaken , my wife is from limerick , her parents and aunts and uncles are from various parts around the city , i actually like the city but the sad truth is its a very violent place for such a small place , the council estates in limerick are amongst the most dangerous in western europe , they look like something out of calcutta or the favelas of rio

im sorry but you are mistaken , my wife is from limerick , her parents and aunts and uncles are from various parts around the city , i actually like the city but the sad truth is its a very violent place for such a small place , the council estates in limerick are amongst the most dangerous in western europe , they look like something out of calcutta or the favelas of rio

If you weren't making it so obvious I would nearly take the bait...

If you weren't making it so obvious I would nearly take the bait...

sorry you have lost me

how come tourists are afraid to visit the wonderful king johns castle ? , check out trip advisor and other sites and warnings are in place ! , the risk of being mugged and robbed by people from the nearby council estate are dangerously high

sorry you have lost me

how come tourists are afraid to visit the wonderful king johns castle ? , check out trip advisor and other sites and warnings are in place ! , the risk of being mugged and robbed by people from the nearby council estate are dangerously high

Do you work for the Sunday World?

• Advertisement

Do you work for the Sunday World?

no but i used to go out and buy a copy of the news of the world for my grandad thirty years ago , the old dog liked the girls on page three who informed him about the grand national odds and such like

no but i used to go out and buy a copy of the news of the world for my grandad thirty years ago , the old dog like the girls on page three who informed him about the grand national odds and such like

Well, what comes out of a crows nest is a crow!

Well, what comes out of a crows nest is a crow!

never heard that one before , is it a limerick saying ?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

They are a million types better than those places!

Mc Love wrote: »

name a worse estate in cork or galway ?

bar darndale or small pockets of tallaght and clondalkin , none compare to at least three in limerick

Mc Love wrote: »

If we all stay quiet and perfectly still it will think there is no one here!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭JamesBond2010

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

• I see the flattening of Chadwicks and soon Lidl has begun to make way for this new mega Lidl

I see the flattening of Chadwicks and soon Lidl has begun to make way for this new mega Lidl

Cars will be part of the special offers now once it's built ;);):D:D

• Cars will be part of the special offers now once it's built ;);):D:D

And flat pack houses

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

I see the flattening of Chadwicks and soon Lidl has begun to make way for this new mega Lidl

They’ll build the new Lidl before knocking the existing one. Anyone been in one of the new ones? They’re faaaancay!

They’ll build the new Lidl before knocking the existing one. Anyone been in one of the new ones? They’re faaaancay!
    digger proof :D:D Do they have brick work ? or is it the same partition ****e.

Waking up every morning to the sound of the pneumatic hammer on the digger is no fun at the moment!

• They’ll build the new Lidl before knocking the existing one. Anyone been in one of the new ones? They’re faaaancay!

I was wondering how they'd go about it.

• Waking up every morning to the sound of the pneumatic hammer on the digger is no fun at the moment!

I find it kind of mad that they're knocking the 2 buildings. I remember when they were both built so they still seem fairly new to me :pac:

I find it kind of mad that they're knocking the 2 buildings. I remember when they were both built so they still seem fairly new to me :pac:

Before I rolled into town so, don't remember them not being there.

h3000 wrote: »
    I'm suprised they are not there more. I always continue down the main public lane and join the left lane when the bus lane ends. I nearly always get people complaining at me for skipping the queue. I actually feel a bit guilty doing it even though I'm using the lanes correctly.
    thats roads a complete feck up cause u get people then joining early so they wont be blocking the turning off right lane to a extent (u know what i mean) then the bus comes along & more mayhem. Its the same as the dock road the two lanes,all tear down the outside lane to the top & feck all where to go, then ********%%%%%. as for William street that a night mare between the taxis & no space for big trucks unloading. They would have someone shot after hour of policing that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Poxyshamrock

Waking up every morning to the sound of the pneumatic hammer on the digger is no fun at the moment!

Yeah, I remember when it was a field that went up as far as the back of John Moloney’s. Used to have cat tail type plants in it, if my memory serves me!

00 387 65 500 076 Another Spammer From Bosnia and Herzegovina..:cool::cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,532 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone recommend a good mechanic, I want someone to check my brakes (focus) and I'd prefer to avoid the main dealers.

I'm not too happy with who serviced it last time around so I'm not getting him to check the brakes.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement