Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

cheapest big turkey in Limerick?

• 20-12-2011 1:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭

looking for a big turkey and seeing the traffic outside makes me not sure if I can check all the shops before Christmas, any good deals there?

Comments

best guess try dunnes or tesco i saw giant ham in tesco for 8-12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

9-10.30 every morning is pretty quiet on christmas, should give you time to check the butchers around the town. Not sure what you mean by big, what weight are you looking at, how many are you feeding?

BTW Aldi are doing fresh turkeys and crowns tommorrow, id advise be there early.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,711 ✭✭✭✭phog

Be careful about buying a fresh turkey for Christmas this early, they really need to be hung by the legs if being bought and stored until Christmas day - like all good butchers store them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

thanks all, @AnCapaillMor: of course I'll be looking for one myself, just asking :)
    need one for 6-8 people

• Registered Users Posts: 4,920 ✭✭✭AnCapaillMor

One of the dunnes ones should do then. anything over 14lb's. a 14lb one does 5 in my house and we're eating turkey 3-4 days afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

ended up getting a frozen one in Aldi for 10 quid, label says 4,4kg

Advertisement