Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cesar Millan show in Dublin

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Just bought me some VIP Tickets for the show in Dublin.... can't bloody wait!:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭leelee_m

I got my tickets too! Very excited :D

It's guna be the best Paddy's Day in years!

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

peasant wrote: »
    others on Millan:

read and save your money

Just read these, wot a lot o' rot...

Cesar is the real deal...

Anything you say against him will be taken down and used as rubbish..

All his critics are just jealous #*"$'s & **##:;'s

• Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

RichieO wrote: »
    All his critics are just jealous #*"$'s & **##:;'s

or, alternatively, people who actually know what they are talking about :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 dogluver

I am looking forward to Cesar. Booked my VIP tickets. I think he is brilliant and it looks like he is going to get a good turn out. We can all learn alot from him. Some people may not agree with everything he does, but I cant see no bad in him, he seems to get results and certainly has something when it comes to helping the worse type of dog cases. To me he is the best. I cant wait for the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

ceaser's a legend!! nothing more to say!!

For those willing to read critical opinions, here are some more well thought out ones:
    http://www.4pawsu.com/dogpsychology.htm
    http://www.4pawsu.com/cesarfans.htm
    http://www.urbandawgs.com/luescher_millan.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

I think I'm probably in the majority of dogs owners, who don't really know what to believe about Cesar Milan. I've watched his programmes, and I like a lot of what he does. BUt then I've also read a lot about how his methods can have a very negative impact on the dogs he's working with. Watching a TV show you don't get a true idea of what he does, and how effective and cruel or not it is. So I would really like to watch him work on a challenging dog, so that I can make my own mind up about him. I'll never get that chance, and so would like to go and see him, but can't afford those kind of prices.

It will be interesting to read the feedback after the show and see what people have to say.

sorted. got my e-tickets!!€43 aint to bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

Malcom McDowell spent an afternoon with Ceaser, and as he rightly pointed out, the show is heavily edited, so that what we the viewer sees if the 'touching' the 'grabbing' and indeed the drama. According to him( Mcdowell) the actual afternoon is over several hours and Ceaser is gentle, kind and decisive. Frankly, having watched the show a lot, he seems more to place the blame on owners, and even if he does use new age talky claptrap at times, he is CLEARLY working to make owners and dogs more compatible and I do like a lot his much voiced opinion that it is NOT the breed at fault but individual poor behaviour.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NattyRasher

I just booked my VIP tickets too. I can't wait to go, what a great way to spend St. patricks Day. If you're int eh VIP section and people can't bring their dogs I wonder what he will be doing for the show.....

Yeah I was thinking that myself... It'd be cool if Daddy or Junior made an appearance!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

For me seeing is believing, I don't adopt others opintions as my own, I have my own mind and I will make it up myself and personally I can't wait for Paddy's to see if Cesar is all he's made out to be, good or bad before dismissing him.

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭RichieO

lrushe wrote: »
    For me seeing is believing, I don't adopt others opintions as my own, I have my own mind and I will make it up myself and personally I can't wait for Paddy's to see if Cesar is all he's made out to be, good or bad before dismissing him.

Do you mean before judging him or have you already made your mind up to dismiss him? good or bad?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

Do you mean before judging him or have you already made your mind up to dismiss him? good or bad?

I've no intention of dismissing him, others do based on the what they've read or seen on an hour long programme instead of making their own minds up. For me Paddy's Day will be an opportunity to observe him in the flesh, no editing or people telling me what to believe. If there are things I don't agree with well at least I will have made my own mind up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭kkelly77

Really is some can of worms that's opened when the Cesar fella is discussed :D

lrushe wrote: »
    I've no intention of dismissing him, others do based on the what they've read or seen on an hour long programme instead of making their own minds up. For me Paddy's Day will be an opportunity to observe him in the flesh, no editing or people telling me what to believe. If there are things I don't agree with well at least I will have made my own mind up.

i agree with wat ya say...a bit. every one is entitled to their own opinions but do one thing on paddy's day though...go in their with an open mind. we could all be writing bad things about him the next day or we could end up building a shrine to him!! one thing for sure twil be good to see it in real life!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 fatdog

NOTHING can shake my faith in Cesar Millan:P
    I have my front row vip tickets in hand!!!!!!!!!

fatdog wrote: »
    NOTHING can shake my faith in Cesar Millan:P
    I have my front row vip tickets in hand!!!!!!!!!

I'll be a few rows behind you... Yippee can't wait!

• Advertisement

hamsterboy wrote: »
    the guy is truly gifted
    Cesar is the real deal...
    dogluver wrote: »
    he is brilliant...To me he is the best.
    ceaser's a legend!!
    NOTHING can shake my faith in Cesar Millan

All hail Cesar !

hail_ceasar.jpg:D

peasant wrote: »
    All hail Cesar !

hail_ceasar.jpg:D

Ave !! Ave !!!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭kildara

Ave !! Ave !!!:pac:

I think peasant was being sarcastic!

kildara wrote: »

I think peasant was being sarcastic!

Thank you Kildara but, contrary to popular belief, we Cesar Millan fans aren't all thick, I did catch the sarcasm and responded in kind.....all in good fun of course;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭merryhappy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭Mialin

If I got free tickets I would love to go but I dont think I'd spend my moolah on it!

My doggie is depressed after the christmas period as she had lots of dogs to play with and now has none-HELP:(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

I've watched all his shows on tv..I dont doubt his talent and more-so patience (which is what most people lack)..have to say though ..a good editor can make anyone look good.....;)

I'm gutted!!!! Been looking forward to seeing Cesar in Dublin for ages but I can't go now :(:(:( I'd my lovely VIP tickets booked but got a call to go on a music tour in Germany for the month of March.

Im afraid priorities take charge in this case.. I'm so jealous of anyone who's going :(...... Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭monkeypants

The missus heard an ad for this show on the radio, said he sounded like a doll with a string to pull.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Dymo

aoife2k wrote: »
    Yeah I was thinking that myself... It'd be cool if Daddy or Junior made an appearance!

Daddy died last Friday aged 16 link

Advertisement