Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WeightWatchers & "How Many ProPoints?" Thread MkII

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Baby75

thanks for the replies Kay and Lainy I do think the BMI system is out of date must look in to fat % etc did any one hear that add on the radio about waist size and preventing heart disease!

right Im off now for walk second one today! Ive had my first bad day in 4 weeks so doing some more exercise to help off set it! lovely healthy dinner planned to night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭m'lady

Hi Baby75, I'm the same height as you and have said same thing, there is absolutely no way I could be 7/8 stone, I'd look emaciated! I'd be very happy at 8.5-9 stone, extremely happy actually! I wouldn't say I've a big frame, but I am quite busty, so I'd like to go in and out in the right places!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Eabhabear

Hi there can anyone give me some advice - went for my first WI last night did not lose any weight - now I am following the points - did eat pretty healthily anyway but I feel my portion sizes were probably over generous so I have cut them down for carbs and protein and upped my vegetable and fruit intake - cut out the odd choc bar crisps etc so they no longer feature and thats not a prob - I walk about 5k twice a week and go to a spinning class twice a week - All this I was doing for the last 4 weeks anyway before I joined WW - but my weight was not going down so thats why I decided to join WW thought that if I followed a structured plan and tracked and pointed what I was eating it would kick start the weight loss - so far this week I have stuck to my dailies and have so far only used about 10 of the weeklies and not eaten any of my exercise points - also drinking water throughout the day. - anybody got any tips , or words of wisdom to get me through the next couple of days icon7.gif

I was up 0.5lb my first WI and my leader said that it can be normal for people to STS or be up a little the first week. It can take time for our bodies to adjust and for us to get use to the plan. The following week I had a loss and haven't looked back since. So stick with it and weigh your portions and you should see a loss next week :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭Mother Teresa

Wow lotsa changes here, but great to see a fresh thread and lots of fresh motivation!
    I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but looking fowrard to reading and eating some new recipes. Hopefully this is the next phase/new phase of a successful journey for all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

peeps, 7 people that had indicated that they might be joining the 'league that isnt really a league' thingy(aka the WW motovational tool) havent returned with weights yet .... remember midnight tonight ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Very quiet on here this evening... :(

has been, I've pm'd you ....but just realised that you already know!;)

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

misslt wrote: »
    I would definitely say get a kitchen scales and weigh everything you eat.

Portion control is a HUGE factor, you could be eating twice what you think you are - then thats twice the points!

It's really impossible to do properly with no kitchen scales. I prefer digital ones myself.

I got a brabantia one that is quite good, I know some of the guys here were raving over a salter one! Check out Argos, etc.

Any Salter one in particular? heading to Argos and theres 3 that look ok €25-30, suppose I will have to look more into it.

Have been following this thread for a while, however I cant seem to post from my mobile and dont always have access to the PC.

Had my 4th weigh in, wk1 sts, wk2 -3.5 wk3 +1.5 and wk 4 -1, so its been a bit up and down. Have 1 more wi and then im off on hols, have to be really good. Have also started the c25k am on wk 3 day 3 its tough but you feel great(usually an hour after!) going to try and do it when im away.

I love the recipes and for once I'm going to print them off and cook them and bung them in the freezer. Had a tesco ready meal last night and I dont think I want to have another, they are a waste of points.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭Lady Lainy

shannon82 wrote: »
    Any Salter one in particular? heading to Argos and theres 3 that look ok €25-30, suppose I will have to look more into it.

Have been following this thread for a while, however I cant seem to post from my mobile and dont always have access to the PC.

Had my 4th weigh in, wk1 sts, wk2 -3.5 wk3 +1.5 and wk 4 -1, so its been a bit up and down. Have 1 more wi and then im off on hols, have to be really good. Have also started the c25k am on wk 3 day 3 its tough but you feel great(usually an hour after!) going to try and do it when im away.

I love the recipes and for once I'm going to print them off and cook them and bung them in the freezer. Had a tesco ready meal last night and I dont think I want to have another, they are a waste of points.

as long as its a digital kitchen scales....any brand any price will do :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Rebeleen

Monife wrote: »
    Skinny Doll's Blog has a list of takeaways and their PP. I love chicken and cashew nuts which is 9PP and then add the PP for rice. Or duck, it's fairly low in PP if you take all the fat off, which I do, because I hate fat.

http://theskinnydollsjourney.blogspot.com/p/sweet.html

Thanks for the link monife.....jeez there's loads on there!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭flamelily

evening all, I am a long time lurker first time poster!! but been peeking at the WW threads for a couple of weeks I re-joined WW after a looong break and am slowly getting to grips with the new propoints (much prefer the new program!!!)

Lost 5.5 pounds my first week so was a happy bunny.....but to my horror I was up 0.5 pounds this week and I don't understand why :eek:.....I tracked everything and didn't exceed my points.....so went off the rails last night and ate all around me:(......am back on the straight and narrow today but wondering what I could have done wrong??? and advice or motivation would be much appreciated!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭izzy24

Hey... Tried the healthy lasagne with the quorn mince... not a huge fan dont think will be making it again with it... Its Friday wohooo cant wait for lie in in the morning:D...

sometimes it just takes a while to show...our bodies dont know we have WI days..the body burns weight at its own rate...doesnt work on a 7 day week.

Could have been a difference in the clothes/shoes you were wearing....or if you had a heavy meal in the day...it hadnt cleared your system yet. Did you drink alot of water before your WI...lil small things can throw the scales...but not your actual progress...took me along time to not get so hung up on the scales....mind you i still love seeing the losses....but if i dont see a loss...when i feel i should have seen it....i just chalk to down to it'll show me next week...

i've worked my ass off this week....literly...my ass is KILLING from squats and weights and lunges ect....if i dont see a big loss tomorrow morning...i'll still know i've done things write...ate right, drank my water and exercised alot...more than i have since....oooh last summer i say... (j just finished college last week)

did you eat anything excessively salty..maybe retaining extra water...or are you due your TOM soon, that can show a false gain in the scales, as i say...if you did things right...ie...within your points...with primarily healthy foods, your loss will show another time...

thanks lainey......and yes its about to be TOM so that may be what it was :o after being bold yesterday I stuck to my points like glue today!!! and you are right I need to stop being so hung up on the scales!!!!

need to start exercising as well.....I have no excuse I have a perfectly good treadmill in my kitchen currently masquarading as a clothes horse :o

I dwell on the scales way too much still...i peek WAY too many times during the week....i try not let it get me down...just try and move on and work harder :)

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    peeps, 7 people that had indicated that they might be joining the 'league that isnt really a league' thingy(aka the WW motovational tool) havent returned with weights yet .... remember midnight tonight ;)

tick-tock-tick-tock ....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

tick-tock-tick-tock ....

Am I in? I forget!!

misslt wrote: »
    Am I in? I forget!!

yup;)

yup;)

Sure this week is the starting weights isnt it, its next weeks results are the ones that really count! ;);)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭misslt

Oh good!

For me next week is on Monday...I hate having my WI at the beginning of the week!

• Advertisement

Lady Lainy wrote: »
    Sure this week is the starting weights isnt it, its next weeks results are the ones that really count! ;);)
    exactly, but if i dont have someones weight this week their starting week will be next week and their first % wont show till the week after again

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Caros

ASked the following in t'other place but didn't get a reply so here goes here, anyone know if we only get 3 booklets in WW, I got Enjoy your food (blue cover) and Start Losing Weight (orange cover) in Week one and then Live the plan (red cover) on the 2nd week. Is that it??? Didn't get any since!
    Years and years ago when I did this I got about 8 booklets at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Monife

Caros wrote: »
    ASked the following in t'other place but didn't get a reply so here goes here, anyone know if we only get 3 booklets in WW, I got Enjoy your food (blue cover) and Start Losing Weight (orange cover) in Week one and then Live the plan (red cover) on the 2nd week. Is that it??? Didn't get any since!
    Years and years ago when I did this I got about 8 booklets at least!

Yeah thats all the booklets you get. When you reach 5% and 10% (if you have not done already) you get a booklet for each of them and also another when you reach goal.

Down 1.6lbs :D Thats all my exam weight from last few weeks gone :D woooo
    It might be a small loss...but not feeling bloated at all and have tonnes of energy...hell its 8am on a SATURDAY and i'm up :O

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭kildareash

Well done lady! 1.6lbs is by no way a small loss, u worked ur ass off for it this wk and really deserve it...onwards and downwards :)

Cld u bottle some of ur energy and send it to me? I'm wide awake but glued to the bed

I literly had ants in my pants....cudnt stay in bed any more... haha...was actually TRYING to go to sleep. cos i usually dont WI till about 10.30 on saturday....so its like....3 hours early this week LOL!

NSV - Non scale victory as someone called it. ha ha....all the stiffness and pain is gone gone gone from those work outs!

Now..I Just wish the weather would make up its mind what its going to be today...need to figure out what i'm wearing to this communion...maxi dress or top a linen trousers....I think we have to walk thru a field :O getting to the house...new house...no driveway yet...so i'm predicting....grass stains....

morning :)

woo hoo on the weight loss Lainey, tis always nice to see the weight going down!!! I was up at the crack of dawn thanks to my little people :eek: so am fed and watered and hoping that I can get out for a walk......but the weather is horrible outside!!!:(

flamelily wrote: »
    morning :)

woo hoo on the weight loss Lainey, tis always nice to see the weight going down!!! I was up at the crack of dawn thanks to my little people :eek: so am fed and watered and hoping that I can get out for a walk......but the weather is horrible outside!!!:(

My little person woke me at 6am....but she has 4 legs and a tail....yeah looking kinda crappy for the day...got new phone few weeks ago...so i got a message from one the apps....notifying me there is rain 30km away moving towards me from the north....kinda insane what you can do with apps LOL

hehehe thats mad......I have yet to upgrade my phone to something that allows apps, do you have the WW app??? I have heard mixed reviews about it :confused:
    no rain here thankfully but the wind is mental and I somehow don't think flying will earn me any extra points :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 47 numbernerd

Hey Gang,

My first post in our new home!! Awh here's hoping it's as great as its predecessor :D

I STS this week but I'm totally happy about it as I'm just over week 1 of exams so it's been a rough few days lol.

Happy Weekend everyone. Goodluck in the league thingy :) I'll get back into swing and get some recipies and stuff up after exams..non cake ones ofcourse :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement