Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cesar Millan show in Dublin

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 959 ✭✭✭changes

Hi

Did cesar's show go ahead today in dublin?

What sort of issues did he cover?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭Michael B

It's not on until tonight at 8. I wouldn't go if you paid me but my dog is of course an angel lol. A friend of mine is going so I'll see what he says.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭lrushe

changes wrote: »
    Hi

Did cesar's show go ahead today in dublin?

What sort of issues did he cover?

It was on today, it covered mainly the backround on his theories, how to greet dogs, how to deal with high / low energy dogs etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭Kev M

I was at the show tonight. Caesar hit the stage at 8 with his Patrick's day hat, scarf, and pint, to a Dropkick Murphy's song. It was entertaining, funny and very easy to watch. He kept things simple - showing how he deals with common behaviour problems, talking about his life growing up, and had a little tribute to Daddy that nearly had me in tears.
    It was damn good!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

yes I was there also, Haha the entrance was funny alright! I thought the music was on loop from a previous boxing match or something at first:D

He is well able to explain each of his methods clearly and he is very entertaining to watch.

As for the daddy tribute...............V sad :( Cesar was in tears and I was near it myself!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

Kev M wrote: »
    I was at the show tonight. Caesar hit the stage at 8 with his Patrick's day hat, scarf, and pint, to a Dropkick Murphy's song. It was entertaining, funny and very easy to watch. He kept things simple - showing how he deals with common behaviour problems, talking about his life growing up, and had a little tribute to Daddy that nearly had me in tears.
    It was damn good!
    wolfpawnat wrote: »
    yes I was there also, Haha the entrance was funny alright! I thought the music was on loop from a previous boxing match or something at first:D

He is well able to explain each of his methods clearly and he is very entertaining to watch.

As for the daddy tribute...............V sad :( Cesar was in tears and I was near it myself!

I was at the show too, and have to agree. I think everyone was a bit choked up during the Daddy tribute!

On a side note, the O/H commented afterwards that he's "sex-mad" as she put it! lol. He must have hinted at it about 10 times during the show. Maybe he's been on the road and away from the wife too long! Does anyone think he actually enjoyed the Guinness at the start? or was it shoved into his hand, along with the Ireland scarf round his neck before he took to the stage? - immediately get the audience on side... We Irish are suckers for that sort of thing really.

All in all though I thought it was a great show. Very interesting & entertaining at the same time. It's funny when you think about it but his methods are so simple, but most people (myself included) just do everything arse-ways with our dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 38 NattyRasher

I think you really had to have a heart of stone to not have been a little teary eyed by the tribute to Daddy :(

Oh and Cesar is much better looking in real life than on TV :D

I thought the show overall was very good, simple techniques that, to me atleast, make sense and how to reinforce them.

I'm not sure how anyone else felt about the Q&A after the main show but after paying over €100 per ticket for a Q&A session I was very disappointed that he only answered 5 questions. Considering there was a huge price difference betweent he regular tickets and the VIP I kind of expected the VIP session to be longer.
    I also felt like some of the questions that were chosen to be read out were a bit silly. The first question was a women asking how to be a pack leader? I felt like screaming "watch the show and let us use this time for some more unusual questions!!"

Did anyone else feel a little let down?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,931 ✭✭✭az2wp0sye65487

I think you really had to have a heart of stone to not have been a little teary eyed by the tribute to Daddy :(

I thought the show overall was very good, simple techniques that, to me atleast, make sense and how to reinforce them.

I'm not sure how anyone else felt about the Q&A after the main show but after paying over €100 per ticket for a Q&A session I was very disappointed that he only answered 5 questions. Considering there was a huge price difference betweent he regular tickets and the VIP I kind of expected the VIP session to be longer.
    I also felt like some of the questions that were chosen to be read out were a bit silly. The first question was a women asking how to be a pack leader? I felt like screaming "watch the show and let us use this time for some more unusual questions!!"

Did anyone else feel a little let down?

I just had ordinary tickets so wasn't at the Q&A afterwards... kinda glad now that I didn't fork out for them.

Where was it held?
    How long did it last?
    Did you actually get to meet him or was it just like a smaller version of the main show?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 happypuppy

Tribute to Daddy was heartbreaking :( just showed how genuine his feelings are for his dogs.

The show was brilliant, didn't know what to expect and as we had a 3 hour journey home after the show and work this morning it is great to say it was well worth being exhausted today for.

Loved it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭wolfpawnat

I was at the show too, and have to agree. I think everyone was a bit choked up during the Daddy tribute!

On a side note, the O/H commented afterwards that he's "sex-mad" as she put it! lol. He must have hinted at it about 10 times during the show. Maybe he's been on the road and away from the wife too long! Does anyone think he actually enjoyed the Guinness at the start? or was it shoved into his hand, along with the Ireland scarf round his neck before he took to the stage? - immediately get the audience on side... We Irish are suckers for that sort of thing really.

Indeed he did seem very "worked up" but we were the last stop in the tour so Illusion will be harassed no doubt within the next 24 hours!!!!!!

As for the Irish gimmick, I dont think he liked the guinness but he clearly liked the scarf, kept it on throughtout the intermission and everything it appears!

Hate to admit it but yes, v good looking!!!!

As for €100 for 5 questions, totally not worth the extra moola!!!!! My €43 seat had a good view and for 5 questions thats €10 a question!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 NattyRasher

I just had ordinary tickets so wasn't at the Q&A afterwards... kinda glad now that I didn't fork out for them.

Where was it held?
    How long did it last?
    Did you actually get to meet him or was it just like a smaller version of the main show?

The VIP people just stayed where they were while all the cheaper ticket holders left. Cesar sat on the edge of the stage and answered the few questions.
    I'd say it lasted maybe 20minutes. I know we were out of the arena by 11.
    It was really a bit like a smaller version of the show.

When I think that we paid over twice the amount as the normal tickets it really makes me annoyed. We're big fans of Cesar and we were really hoping for some help with one or two of the issues we have with our dog.
    We were in row K, middle of the centre row and there were atleast 5 or 6 rows behind us. Meaning there were about 15 rows of atleast 60 people - the guts of 900/1000 VIPs and only 5 questions get asked - just seems a bit of a rip off really.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 dogluver

I was in the VIP section last night and this was the second seminar I went to having been to the Birmingham one in the UK previously.

The show last night at the O2 was shorter by half an hour and there were some small additions and changes in comparison to the B'ham one but personally I thought the Dublin show was better overall. I think it was his last show last night and he was more relaxed (bit nervous in B'ham) and seemed to enjoy himself more. I thought he was funnier, did more training with the dogs and was more just that bit more involved.

In the b'ham show though he answered about 10 questions in the Q and A section, and the show last night was abit disappointing because I thought he took too long to answer. His assistant was trying to get more questions in but he kept slowing her down.

The Daddy tribute was the most moving part and was very touching, a few tears here and a gulp from me. It was very emotional and Daddy was obviously very special to him and his death is no doubt still raw.

I thought it was brilliant, worth every penny and for anybody out there who didnt enjoy it I really dont think there was much else he could do to have changed that. Well done Cesar! come back soon.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

I too was in the VIP section for Cesar's show last night... my face was sooo sore from all the laughin, he's a comedian but it was funny because everything he was saying was true... and I could relate it to how I treat my own dog!!

I LOVED when he came out with the hat, scarf and Guinness.. He didn't seem to be enjoying it but kept sipping it though the Q&A which, I agree felt like a totall rip off. I was on a little high after the show then the Q&A dragged the arse out of it really.

+1 for being hotter in real life.. Never really fancied him but he was definately sexd up last night!!! Me and my friend were in tears at Daddy's tribute and to see him choke up just before the break made it worse... Poor man :-(

All in all though I thought it was a great show! Oh and YAY for the Therapy Dogs that joined him last night :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 213 ✭✭pitbull_fanatic

i was there but i was with my dole paid tickets! happy enough with them! all the same though what a legend and a comedian. €6 euro a pint was a bit of a waste. and there was only carlsberg there...not happy. i drank it anyway!! he had those few dogs snapped out of it fairly lively though. best was when he asked us all to go mental!! we made the british look well dull!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 68 ✭✭Jenna

RE: comments about his wife... didn't she file for divorce in January?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Jenna wrote: »
    RE: comments about his wife... didn't she file for divorce in January?

Having very quickly flicked through this whole thread, that is the only reference to his wife I can find. Seriously, what is the point of your post today? It is not relevant to any of the discussions that have been on here about Cesar, or indeed about his show. Its his private life, so why on earth should be it matter to anyone else, especially the API users?:confused:

ISDW wrote: »
    Having very quickly flicked through this whole thread, that is the only reference to his wife I can find. Seriously, what is the point of your post today? It is not relevant to any of the discussions that have been on here about Cesar, or indeed about his show. Its his private life, so why on earth should be it matter to anyone else, especially the API users?:confused:

The purpose of my comment was to ask a question to find out if Cesar Millan's wife filed for divorce in January. I read this recently and I am not sure if it is true or not. It disappointed me to hear this because if his wife filed for divorce then he is obviously going through a lot of pain. As I am a huge fan of Cesar's it makes me sad to think that he is going through pain. When I read this thread I realised that people were referring to his wife so I thought that maybe the divorce proceedings were cancelled. As I'm not a person who buys trashy 'celeb' magazines or watches 'celeb gossip' programs, I would not be aware of the current status of the divorce proceedings. I don't particularly want to know about them because, as you said, it is his private life, however if it was a case that they were cancelled it would comfort me to know that one of the people I admire the most in this world has found a resolution to his pain. It's called empathy. No matter what the resolution of his divorce is (and it is none of my business) I hope that Cesar finds peace because he is an amazing person and has changed many lives. If my post was placed in the wrong thread then please tell me where I should have posted it instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Jenna wrote: »
    The purpose of my comment was to ask a question to find out if Cesar Millan's wife filed for divorce in January. I read this recently and I am not sure if it is true or not. It disappointed me to hear this because if his wife filed for divorce then he is obviously going through a lot of pain. As I am a huge fan of Cesar's it makes me sad to think that he is going through pain. When I read this thread I realised that people were referring to his wife so I thought that maybe the divorce proceedings were cancelled. As I'm not a person who buys trashy 'celeb' magazines or watches 'celeb gossip' programs, I would not be aware of the current status of the divorce proceedings. I don't particularly want to know about them because, as you said, it is his private life, however if it was a case that they were cancelled it would comfort me to know that one of the people I admire the most in this world has found a resolution to his pain. It's called empathy. No matter what the resolution of his divorce is (and it is none of my business) I hope that Cesar finds peace because he is an amazing person and has changed many lives. If my post was placed in the wrong thread then please tell me where I should have posted it instead.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cesar+millan+divorce

pH wrote: »

LOL :-D That was funny. Tbh I'm not so nosey that I would actually google it! I just asked that one simple question on the thread coz I was reading the thread and the thought crossed my mind so I decided to type it in the reply box. Really couldn't be bothered launching a full blown google search investigation though. So anyway, if anyone actually knows whether Cesar has found resolution, it would be nice to know that he is doing okay. If you don't know, then please feel free to respond with an aggrevated or sarcastic post. ;-)

doesnt she know a husband is for life .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,941 ✭✭✭caseyann

i was there but i was with my dole paid tickets! happy enough with them! all the same though what a legend and a comedian. €6 euro a pint was a bit of a waste. and there was only carlsberg there...not happy. i drank it anyway!! he had those few dogs snapped out of it fairly lively though. best was when he asked us all to go mental!! we made the british look well dull!

Did he actually arrange to go to any Irish households like he did in the UK? I havent heard if he did that or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭**Vai**

Only heard about the show when I saw this thread. Not that I could afford to go anyway but great to see people enjoyed it.
    Never heard about Daddy either! That actually made me a little sad.

Advertisement