Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Post your GAA photos/videos here!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,742 ✭✭✭blackbelt

Nalced_irl wrote: »
    Fingers crossed but will be difficult. Having beaten Oulert im sure they can do Birr also but all the clever money will be on Birr. Not impossible tho by any means.

Would be great to see Vins and Boden do the double for us tho!

Hey Nalced,any pics of the Boden v Oulart game??:p only joking.

Its not impossible that Vins and Boden do the double but both teams backs are against the Wall.Birr,having knocked out last years AIB Club Championship All Ireland winners (Ballyhale Shamrocks),will be heavy favourites while in the football Portlaoise past success will be the factor that gives them the favourites tag.

However,Boden did beat Oulart which was dubbed an upset and only just held on against Camross so two contrasting performances there.

St Vins on the other hand played awful in the second half of the first game against Senachalstown in Parnell Park and beat them impressively in worse conditions in Pairc Tailteann.St Patricks of Louth were brushed away easily by Portlaoise which won't do them any good so heres hoping Vins and Boden can win their matches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Kerry On Tour

still can't find that bloody photo of moynihan shouldering vinny murphy out over the line in semple. Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 668 ✭✭✭mise_me_fein

Anyone have any images of the Louth Laois game in 1991. First time I was in Croke Park. We lost the game that day but well k!cked the cr*p out of the Laois boys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭EARMUFFS

Can't find it on the net but loved the one on the irish independent this year of the guy with the spiderman costume running on to croke park from the hill! laughed my head off..

• Registered Users Posts: 43,311 ✭✭✭✭K-9

Has to me Martin McHugh after about 25 minutes of the 92 AI, having a little word with Keith Barr after running rings around him for a point. He was referring to a comment Barr made to McHugh in the League Q/F that year when Donegal leaked 2 goals at the end.

McHugh said "who's the f***ing chokers now?". The look of pure shock on Barrs face summed up the Dublin players attitude that day.

Mad Men's Don Draper : What you call love was invented by guys like me, to sell nylons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Nalced_irl

blackbelt wrote: »
    Hey Nalced,any pics of the Boden v Oulart game??:p only joking.

Nope, i was fast asleep still i mo leaba :) Im never gonna live down missing that am i :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭yahoo_moe

Anyone have any images of the Louth Laois game in 1991. First time I was in Croke Park. We lost the game that day but well k!cked the cr*p out of the Laois boys.
    That was my first time in Croker too... at that stage, I thought every game was like that :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Seanies32 wrote: »
    Has to me Martin McHugh after about 25 minutes of the 92 AI, having a little word with Keith Barr after running rings around him for a point. He was referring to a comment Barr made to McHugh in the League Q/F that year when Donegal leaked 2 goals at the end.

McHugh said "who's the f***ing chokers now?". The look of pure shock on Barrs face summed up the Dublin players attitude that day.

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭FatherTed

image001.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Wup the banner, hardy buckos.

Not the first time Cloonan took a hurl to a man's head... at least it was on the pitch this time :rolleyes:

My personal fave, can't find a link, and its not one moment, but a sequence - Diarmuid O'Sullivan catching a high ball around his own 13-metre line, bursting out, taking a shoulder and sending the tackler about 10 yards back on his arse, and driving the ball over for a point from about 90 metres out. Can't remember who they were playing, but it was the skill combined with power and aggression that made it so perfect

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

http://www.mayogaa.com/pgal/football/pastphoto14.htm

The great Willie Joe..when men were men and sheep were scared.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭jamescrombie

I take it this is the image you guys are looking for

• Registered Users Posts: 4,800 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Class the best photo ever!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭yurmothrintites

I've so many I think this one of the Dublin/Mayo semi final is brilliant! But the one that best describes mayo football is the John O Mahony one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭JæKæ

homer_carlow.gif
    Not really a photo but...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭JHMEG

Ned Power beats the great Christy Ring to it:

Powcatch.jpg

Dan Shanahan makes it clear he's a Waterford man:

0000e83c10dr.jpg

Can't get a big one of this:
    995266443a1308951425b316325024s.jpg
    John Mullane getting sent off in the 2004 Munster final. Paul Flynn beats Cork almost single handedly afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭chubba1984

Zzippy wrote: »
    Not the first time Cloonan took a hurl to a man's head... at least it was on the pitch this time :rolleyes:

My personal fave, can't find a link, and its not one moment, but a sequence - Diarmuid O'Sullivan catching a high ball around his own 13-metre line, bursting out, taking a shoulder and sending the tackler about 10 yards back on his arse, and driving the ball over for a point from about 90 metres out. Can't remember who they were playing, but it was the skill combined with power and aggression that made it so perfect

That was Jack Foley of Limerick who the Rock flattened, one of the most inspiring scores ever scored in a Munster championship game.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Old_-_School

chubba1984 wrote: »
    That was Jack Foley of Limerick who the Rock flattened, one of the most inspiring scores ever scored in a Munster championship game.

Didn't Limerick win that game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 380 ✭✭future_plans

Didn't Limerick win that game?

:DThey did! by one point if I'm right. I'll never forget it though. Was one of the single most incredible things I've ever seen at a game. I'm surprised it isn't replayed over and over.

Even though we eventually lost, I was delighted that the Limerick fella beside me shut up and sat still for a few minutes after it!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

PhotoAlbumBig.jsp?MemberId=252602383&PhotoAlbumId=4267475485&PhotoId=4980497691

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭phase-3

deise59..was at that match..was some catch. So was Ken McGraths that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

phase-3 wrote: »
    deise59..was at that match..was some catch. So was Ken McGraths that day.

That Ken McGrath catch was unbelievable, possibly the best I've ever seen. I was there aswell that day and saw it in the flesh. Unfortunately I haven't seen it since. Neither the Sunday Game nor any of the other highlights showed it and I haven't been able to find any pictures of it.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

An Citeog wrote: »
    That Ken McGrath catch was unbelievable, possibly the best I've ever seen. I was there aswell that day and saw it in the flesh. Unfortunately I haven't seen it since. Neither the Sunday Game nor any of the other highlights showed it and I haven't been able to find any pictures of it.:(

It was definitely shown somewhere since, I remember seeing it. It was on RTE at an awards show of some sort iirc. Possibly the All-Stars. I saw it on TV in Australia live at the time and it blew my mind. One of my favourite hurling moments. Will try my best to find the clip.

Was it the first or second Cork game? They both seem like the same game to me at this stage! Pretty sure it was the second game...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

We have a clips thread so why not a picture thread; be they memorable pics you've found or pics you've taken at games. Link to or embed pics, dont' matter.

I'll start:

Croke Park 2005

• Registered Users Posts: 21,676 ✭✭✭✭smashey

Heh, you just had to get those up. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Of course ;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,370 ✭✭✭GAAman

Bein a dub livin in derry this game meant that bit more to me (imagine the craic had, half 7 in the mornin on a 52 seater bus with 51 derry fans on the way to croker the banter was amazin!!)

_44053794_2derry.jpg

I have always liked this image it shows the comradery that gaelic players know to hate your oponent one durin the match and then when its over there is a bond there like (does that make sense cos it does in my head)

mortimercluxton.jpg

Gotta love brogan

blog_dublin.jpg

More to come im sure

Good pics GAAman especially the one with Mortimor and Cluxton.I'd say there was serious slaggings by one Dublin fan to 51 Derry fans or maybe the bus journey back to Derry was a very quiet one.:D:D

Here are my ones,

The floodlit game between Dublin and Tyrone last February in the league and bringing the gf to Croker last July for the Leinster Final between Dublin and Laois.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 396 ✭✭funloving

blackbelt wrote: »
    Here are my ones,

The floodlit game between Dublin and Tyrone last February in the league and bringing the gf to Croker last July for the Leinster Final between Dublin and Laois.

I look like sh1te in that pic :mad: ;)
    I guarantee I am much better than that....

Advertisement