Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What made you smile/frown/mad/sad/cry today-thread for all your emotional needs! V4

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

McChubbin wrote: »
    I wish I had a gun so I could shoot down all the fake and phoney assholes in college. I'm stuck there 'til 2013. Someone please just kill me now.

Yikes.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Acoshla unfortunately Im too far away to sample your cakes, but the pics are beyond breathtaking, Im not surprised that they are jealous and thats what it is pure jealously.

Love the video you posted, a cat thats like a dog!!

In the spirit of lolcats

funny-pictures-he-called-me-a-sue-chef-how-does-he-know-i-cooked-sue.jpg

Im betting that there used to be a hamster called Sue in his house!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,401 ✭✭✭✭x Purple Pawprints x

Congratulations javagal! :D

Honey-ec wrote: »
    Here's your sister. STBEH has said that he could actually count on one hand the number of times he saw me cry in seven years. The irony - that's part of why he's leaving me, and I haven't fcuking stopped crying since.

I said a few choice curse words when I read this, very choice altogether:mad:. You deserve an awful lot better Honey.
    javagal wrote: »
    found out im having a baby girl today! and she sure is pretty :-)

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww :):):):):):):D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

Congrats Javagirl and Acoshla.

Acoshla, screw them, they're clearly not worthy of your time. You have an incredible talent, and a wonderful personality - I look forward to your posts on here and I'm sure I'm not the only one - even if I slightly blame you for my obsession with cake of late... People are just assholes sometimes, rise above it! :D

I got a drunk call from a friend of mine, very funny, really random conversation. Also texting guy from college who makes me nervous, and told me I looked really hot last Tuesday when we met up - I was totally dressed down with hoodie, jeans, runners etc, no effort put in at all... He's making me smile like a lunatic, not sure if I like this!

• Advertisement

Holy god "knuckle" about travellers fighting is scary stuff altogether

*goes off to see if there is a boards thread on the programme*

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭monkeysnapper

i just watched 6 episodes of bottom, havent seen it since i was a kid in school , always remembered it as a very funny program but over the years alot of things change and it lets you down because you always remembered it as funnier than it was...... not this tho, my sides are aching !!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

Aw I am finally at the receiving end of one of Neyite's lovely posts! I always think your posts are so well written and helpful :)

However....we've met?? I am terrible at remembering who boardsies are in real life...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Betty Crocker scented candles lit :cool: Room smells like pie.
    I want pie candles!!!
    Here's your sister. STBEH has said that he could actually count on one hand the number of times he saw me cry in seven years. The irony - that's part of why he's leaving me, and I haven't fcuking stopped crying since.
    There are so many things wrong with that!! Honey, I'd say you're better off but i think that's an understatement
    Congrats!!!! You'll have to buy load of pink things :)

Hmmmmmm do i go to bed early or make cookies and stay up late buzzed on sugar....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

bubblefett wrote: »

Hmmmmmm do i go to bed early or make cookies and stay up late buzzed on sugar....

hee hee hee make the cookies

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

i just watched 6 episodes of bottom, havent seen it since i was a kid in school , always remembered it as a very funny program but over the years alot of things change and it lets you down because you always remembered it as funnier than it was...... not this tho, my sides are aching !!!!!

I fcuking love Bottom! Rik Mayall has been a very guilty crush of mine since I was about 8 and I first saw the Young Ones. State of him!

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Had to post....just watched " in bed with Ireland"...and after a rotten fight with the oh, it gives me hope for relationships!! Lovely show, smiley face!! :-)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

I fcuking love Bottom! Rik Mayall has been a very guilty crush of mine since I was about 8 and I first saw the Young Ones. State of him!

Oh jesus, I had a massive crush on Drop Dead Fred when I was 11. So wrong but...

drop-dead-fred.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Tigger99 wrote: »
    I said a few choice curse words when I read this, very choice altogether:mad:. You deserve an awful lot better Honey.
    bubblefett wrote: »
    There are so many things wrong with that!! Honey, I'd say you're better off but i think that's an understatement

It's a tiny part of what's going on. Unfortunately, all the tiny things built up over time and now we are where we are.

Ok, I really need to go to bed now before I decide another glass of wine wouldn't be that bad an idea.

Night, loungers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Bubblefett

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Oh jesus, I had a massive crush on Drop Dead Fred when I was 11. So wrong but...

I loved Drop Dead Fred!!! Gah! I haven't seen it in yeeeears. I'm going onto ebay right now and buying it. I must watch it. Right now.
    On a slightly related matter I watched Short Circuit today. I love that film :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭WesternNight

bigbudda wrote: »
    Had to post....just watched " in bed with Ireland"...and after a rotten fight with the oh, it gives me hope for relationships!! Lovely show, smiley face!! :-)

'twas lovely to see Darragh on that. He was a big part of boards until last year.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Jane_LS_88 wrote: »
    Dreading tomorrow. She really has no idea what's going on. She doesn't even know what time of the year it is really at this stage because the Alzheimer's is so advanced.
    Aw, Jane. I hope you get through tomorrow okay. xx
    At least she will be somewhere getting full time care and being looked after around the clock.
    Felt I had to watch this after all the efforts to post it, but...
    :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    Dear God, are ALL the children on the show like that!?? Woah. :eek:
    I found my meme today, it's exactly as boring as it should be.
    Oooh, that's what I have applied to study in college! :pac:
    My degree is actually in English though, so I'm worried it'll be too hard for me as I've never done any accounting work before. :(

Posy - Thanks for your message. Tomorrow will be tough but I know it's the best thing for her. Didn't think it would all happen so fast though.

Semele wrote: »
    Oh, and I have a date tomorrow!
    Have fun!! :D
    Only watching the Dancing On Ice skate-off now. Poor Sebastien :( My heart really went out to him.
    That was terrible! I felt awful for him.
    Add Philip didn't help, he loves rubbing salt into the wound when someone makes a mistake! :rolleyes:
    Here's your sister. STBEH has said that he could actually count on one hand the number of times he saw me cry in seven years.
    I have cried about 3 times in the last ten years. I get upset obviously, but I'm just not a crier.
    Sometimes I get annoyed because people can assume just because I don't cry much I'm unfeeling or unemotional. :confused:
    Congrats!!! :D
    +1!! I love 'Bottom' and 'The Young Ones' and thought 'Drop Dead Fred' was great.
    When Rik Mayall was almost killed and left with minor brain damage after that horrific quad bike accident a few years ago I was devastated!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

Grr Acoshla, sitting here angry on your behalf. You seem to be really badly treated by women a lot. It's something that's never happened to me so I find it hard to get my head around. Like, I can't even imagine what kind of people make a private facebook group to bitch about someone. You have an incredible talent. We don't compliment your cakes (or you) just to humour you, it's because they're amazing. It's really inspiring how you've set up your own business and become so accomplished in a few years. I know I nearly fell off my chair when you said you were only making cakes for two years or something ridiculous like that.

Javagal, congrats!

Sunflower, well done on getting the Samaritans gig. I doubt they said the "favourite" thing to everyone. Whenever I see your username I associate you with your posts in Personal Issues and how empathetic and helpful they are. You're going to be brilliant at it.

• Advertisement

Oh, forgot to add *hugs* for Acoshla! xxx

Foux the group is set up for something else but has basically become about bitching 50% of the time. Thanks again to everyone for cheering me up :)

Jane hope you're ok about your Nan, my Nan had to move to a hospital/home but it was a relief as she needed the care, my uncle now lives alone though (he always lived with her, as did my other uncle but he died two years ago) and I feel so sorry for him, all alone barely able to look after himself :( It's tough, but she'll be well looked after xx

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭itsnotmyname

i'm trying 2 stay off choc ......and I've beaten the temptation for the pat 12+ months
    :D

Fair fcuks, ive not been able to manage 12 hrs!

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Acoshla wrote: »
    Aw I am finally at the receiving end of one of Neyite's lovely posts! I always think your posts are so well written and helpful :)

However....we've met?? I am terrible at remembering who boardsies are in real life...

Thankyou :o

I think that we have met - did you go to the TLL Galway meet up for the eye cinema screening of His & Hers a couple of years ago? Or maybe I'm confusing you with another boardsie, but nearly sure when I saw your pic today that I remembered you.

I was a noob boardsie and very shy :p

Thanks Acoshla, I'm doing okay. I'm just feeling a little bit sad about the whole thing. I know it's for the best though.

i'm trying 2 stay off choc ......and I've beaten the temptation for the past 12+ months
    I too have managed to stay off chocolate and eat healthily for over 12 mts. :)

(There may or may not be a chance that in this case, 'mts' stands for 'minutes')

Posy wrote: »
    I too have managed to stay off chocolate and eat healthily for over 12 mts. :)

(There may or may not be a chance that in this case, 'mts' stands for 'minutes')

Heehee:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

i'm trying 2 stay off choc ......and I've beaten the temptation for the pat 12+ months
    Good God, you need to run as far away from this thread as your legs can carry you! :D

It's like a recovering drug addict stumbling across a crack den.

• Advertisement

Neyite wrote: »
    Thankyou :o

I think that we have met - did you go to the TLL Galway meet up for the eye cinema screening of His & Hers a couple of years ago? Or maybe I'm confusing you with another boardsie, but nearly sure when I saw your pic today that I remembered you.

I was a noob boardsie and very shy :p

Hmm, yes I did, did you have a different name on here then?

Also Foux yes I have an uncanny knack for being screwed over by females, no idea why tbh. I've had much better luck with men than women, I always say more female friends have broken my heart than boyfriends!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement