Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Humax Pvr freeview box

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,534 ✭✭✭Gerry Wicklow

Can you still use series link on the Samsung or did it break the same time 2RN messed up the Humax?

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭huggs2

trabpc wrote: »
    Had to Return my Humax 2000T to Amazon today. One day before the 1yr purchase date. Sound went dodgy. No sound initially on some channels. Then the recoding lost sound. But some were OK. Tried rebuild and new HDMI but no luck. Fell out of love with it anyway once Saorview series link stopped working. Won't be buying a walker. My current Samsung TV can record Saorview to USB and freesat will do for now.

Were you able to do a normal timer record since the changes were made to series link?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sam Russell

Can you still use series link on the Samsung or did it break the same time 2RN messed up the Humax?

I have a Samsung and no series link on sat or DVB.

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Yes I still can manual record . but no sound. Not as nice manual record vs when series link was working. Shame.
    No my Samsung TV only let's me record from EPG but i can set a timer. One channel at a time.

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭bridster007

trabpc wrote: »
    Yes I still can manual record . but no sound. Not as nice manual record vs when series link was working. Shame.
    No my Samsung TV only let's me record from EPG but i can set a timer. One channel at a time.

Are you sure the AD (Audio Description) button wasn't pressed by mistake ( if there is one).
    Was happening me on my Panasonic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭trabpc

Are you sure the AD (Audio Description) button wasn't pressed by mistake ( if there is one).
    Was happening me on my Panasonic

No such button. Amazon refund CV complete.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

just to share.

if watching the irish channels on this tv via its own tuner with a loopthrough from the humax , the humax box must be on, that is the blue light on the front panel.

Was watching the ireland v italy game on saturday and didn't have the box on and the reception was breaking up............thought i had a signal problenm and was on my way up to the attic when i thought about turning on the humax box and all sorted!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,905 ✭✭✭steveon

kooga wrote: »
    just to share.

if watching the irish channels on this tv via its own tuner with a loopthrough from the humax , the humax box must be on, that is the blue light on the front panel.

Was watching the ireland v italy game on saturday and didn't have the box on and the reception was breaking up............thought i had a signal problenm and was on my way up to the attic when i thought about turning on the humax box and all sorted!

All boxes using a loop through to feed the saorview to a tv including vcrs would need to be plugged in to make the loop through work..

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buyer12

Hi all, looking for some help :-) .i have sky which I want to cancel. I want to be able to record, pause programmes etc. I am presuming when I cancel sky will leave the fish there, so what box do I need to buy to do what I want? I am not techy at all so need help! We had to replace our TV last year so we have a samsung smart TV, that has a very easy life, really not used to its full potential at all!
    Should I be looking at a Humax or Gerry Wicklow can you explain about the boxes you mentioned earlier?
    Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Buyer12

If you had sky means you still have a working dish. A satellite based system would be much more reliable. Perhaps consider a FreeSat box or a combo box that will handle both terrestrial (Saorview/FreeView) and Free-To-Air (FTA) satellite.

Can you explain more to me, I have just posted a question, thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭kooga

Anyway 6 months into my humax freeview hd box ownership and delighted with the purchase even though series link for saorview is not a feature. I have found the box extremely reliable for recording. Highly recommended

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭obezyana

I have a Humax fox hd t2 (non pvr) for use with Saorview and I think its great, Humax make a good box. Id recommend them (Sat version) to anyone I would do an install for. Pricey but worth it.

Advertisement