Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Sky Digital in a second room

• 04-01-2005 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭

I was thinking about getting Sky Digital put into my bedroom. How much would this cost? Can I just buy the second box off sky? Do you have to pay for a second package or is it just a smaller, fixed monthly fee?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

At the moment, if you get sky multiroom, you buy another digibox for €159, and installation is free (normally €75). You take out a mirror subscription, costing €15 extra per month (€10 if you have sky+) and you must keep both digiboxes connected to the same telephone line at all times.

The mirror subscription is the same as your main subscription, only it costs less. The digibox is bought directly off sky, if you choose to order through sky.

Hope this helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

Any idea how long that offers going to last? The Digibox in the front room isn't connected to a phone line, would this matter?

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

With multiroom you need to have both digiboxes connected to the same phoneline. Basically, this is to prove that they are in the same house

Offer could go any on for any period of time - they were supposed to end it in the new year afaik. So its pretty likely that the offer will go on for quite some time.

I'll have to try to get a phone like to the Digibox in the sitting room if I'm to get it in my bedroom. So much hassle.

• Advertisement

It is a pain I know, but unfortunately, unless you want to pay two full subscriptions, you have no other option!

True, my Mom probably wont let me get it anyway. She'll go off on the usual rant "you'll leave me paying the €15 a month" Not like it's THAT expensive. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

You take out a mirror subscription, costing €15 extra per month (€10 if you have sky+)

Where did this €10 figure come from. I have Sky+ and a mirror subscription and the cost of the mirror subscription is €15 per month.

I was told it was €5 less per month if you got multiroom subscription with a sky+ subscription (by sky themselves) when I rang them up to enquire about sky+ and multiroom. Quite possible they've hiked up the charge in the meantime though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭ShaneOC

I was told it was €5 less per month if you got multiroom subscription with a sky+ subscription (by sky themselves) when I rang them up to enquire about sky+ and multiroom. Quite possible they've hiked up the charge in the meantime though :rolleyes:

The mirror subscription used to be €20 per month for regular customers and €15 per month if you were a Sky+ subscriber (I think that this was when there was still a Sky+ subscription charge regardless of what package you were on). I believe that this was reduced to €15 for everyone when the Sky+ sub was dropped from the higher packages.

• Advertisement
Advertisement