Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

50 Cent letdown

• 05-11-2003 5:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭

OK does anyone else think that 'Get Rich or Die Trying' by 50 was only a so-so rap album and as a result- a letdown.

I mean anyone who listens to 'Guess who's back' knows the guy has talent. The tracks "**** you", "Corner Bodega" are both way better than anything than anything off get rich. The one track that i thought was any good was "Life on the Line" but thats on the guess whos back album.

If anyone wants to buy either of the albums i'd advise them to go with Guess Who's Back. Get rich was a mediocre album that did well from the hype Eminem injected into it and since it was such a letdown I'd say Obies missing out on some shine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Tha Gopher

Get Rich or Die Tryin was a fairly good album,but it wasnt the all time classic that it had been hyped up to be. It was 6 out of 10 type of thing,quite good but not earth shatteringly superb. But then again Power of the Dollar(his first album,which wasnt ever released but is available for download in places)and Guess Whos Back were also 6/10 albums IMO. I think its just that because In Da Club was such a classic song that people were expecting something of doggystyle proportions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ManWithThePlan

I agree that Get Rich.. wasn't as good as it's hyped up to be. 50 certainly has talent, but he just hasn't got the lyrical skill of say his mentor, Eminem.
    Alot of people saying he's going to be the next 2pac.. Hype-wise, maybe.. Lyrically, never.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

i think its a good album... just good but not great. TBH i thought that it would be crap altogether but its not, IMO 'heat' and 'if i can't' are some of the better tracks on the album... but mainly because of the music not the lyrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by ManWithThePlan

Alot of people saying he's going to be the next 2pac.. Hype-wise, maybe.. Lyrically, never.

I don't know of anyone who would be lyrically better than 2pac. The guy had a lot to say and he said it in an easy way (somehow while thinking of what I was saying in my head - it came out to the tune of changes - "I made a G today, but you made it in a sleazy way")

• Closed Accounts Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Kopf

I'd listen to S Club 7 before 50 Cent. Commercial bull****.

It's a pity that man was only shot and not killed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

S Club Kids > S club 7

especially francine....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭SoundWave

Originally posted by Kopf
    I'd listen to S Club 7 before 50 Cent. Commercial bull****

then go off to the sclub fan site and post there. tit

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Kopf, enough with this "your taste is shit, I am underground attitude" please

If you dont like 50cent dont go trolling in 50cent related threads..

I didn't ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭BigO

Get Rich or Die Trying

the name sums up the selling out!

as royksopp saisd its a balance!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭UnrealQueen

Get rich is a klassic CD!! I luv it! His lyrics are Kool, esp on Back Down and p.i.m.p!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

Originally posted by Kopf
    I'd listen to S Club 7 before 50 Cent. Commercial bull****.

It's a pity that man was only shot and not killed.

Pity you got to post here, and weren't just dead... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

I hate the whole "it's mainstream, hence i can't like it" attitude out of a lot of people.

I used to like nsync when they were underground.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

*shrugs* I listen to a lotta underground stuff which is good

I listen to some mainstream stuff which is good, I aint gonna boycott an album just cos i can buy it HMV ffs (BTW i dont buy from hmv... ripoff bastids)

But aint noone telling me the ying yang twins are better than the LOX because people have actually heard of the LOX

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

I hate the whole "it's mainstream, hence i can't like it" attitude out of a lot of people.

To me anyway, it's not so much that hes mainstream as that he's rapping stuff N.W.A did over ten years ago.

Originality counts ya know?
    If emcee's don't keep coming up with new stuff, then Hip Hop's just going to go round and round in circles until we're in the situation we're in now.
    Which is by far most Hip Hop acts are just saying stuff that's been said a thousand times over, and in most cases, by better emcee's then them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭adnans

im not the one to shout about gun talk, infact i hate it to certain extent but fiddy's music makes it into a cinematic experience. my imagination is pretty ****ed up already that when listening get rich... particularly heat or many men, you get the feeling the music is supposed to accompany some kind of a movie. excellent album.

new track he did with the a-team, all for sale, is on the same damn level. pure joy. IN CINEMAS NEAR YOU.1!!

adnans

Advertisement