Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Second Viewing. Opinion on show changed?

• 28-02-2014 1:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭

So I was a lost fan when it was televised, watched every episode, even got in trouble in school because I snook out to run home to watch the finale (had it recorded). After watching it time went by and my opinion was that the show was good but could have been better.
    Recently I decided to watch it all over again. In the one month I watched all of the show again in a big binge. After the second viewing my opinion greatly changed. For the good though. I thought it was way better with the second viewing and way handier to follow.
    Anyone else watch it again? And did your opinion change?
    Like I hate when people make fun of it saying it was a bit ridiculous (I'll admit I used to) because after watching it again I've grown to like it even more.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I havent been able to bring myself to watch it again, still makes me angry

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

I'm currently re-watching it. Just finished season 3. Definitely agree it's better than the first viewing, but Season 6 will be the real test for, because that's the season that I had the biggest problem with. I'm hoping it'll be more enjoyable second time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

I'm currently re-watching it. Just finished season 3. Definitely agree it's better than the first viewing, but Season 6 will be the real test for, because that's the season that I had the biggest problem with. I'm hoping it'll be more enjoyable second time around.

Don't worry I was the same, enjoyed season 6 so much more watching them all in the two-three days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

it was all downhill from season 4 .... best cliffhanger was season 3, then 4, 5 and 6 were pretty ****ty apart from the odd good episode ..

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭frenchmartini

Yes I am.
    Half way through the third series, and it's as good as I remember. For me, it's stood the test of time.
    Knowing what I know has made the second viewing more enjoyable. Locke was a terrific character.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I watched the original series on TV, missed a few episodes here and there but seen the vast majority of them. I remember at the end being so disappointed and was of the opinion that they hurried the ending without explaining everything properly and left a lot of unanswered questions.

2 months ago I took the wrapping of the box set my wife bought me in 2010 for Christmas and me and her watched a few episodes every night for the last couple of months and watched the final 3 episodes tonite.

It ended perfectly and I understood what was actually happening and why it was happening. I'm sad it's over (stupid as that may sound) as jack Kate sawyer Hurley etc have been in my sitting room every night for the last 2 months.

I think when watching the original series with a week between each episode and months between seasons and 6 years between the first and last episodes, you forget quite a bit and you miss parts and its not easy to tie evetything in together from season to season and so it doesn't make as much sense but watching it in such a short space of time revealed so much more.

I loved it this time round and I can see myself dusting off the box set in 4 or 5 years time and watching it again.

But not all is lost for now as I'm going back to disc 1 and watching all the bonus features which answer and explain a lot of background questions which don't really need answers but are nice to know.
    kryogen wrote: »
    I havent been able to bring myself to watch it again, still makes me angry

I was the same. If you have the box set or have sky box sets then watch it. It really is so much better second time round. I'd forgotten so much and most episodes were completely new even though I knew what the main plot was or how it turned out but the finer details were all new (again). It was so much more enjoyable this time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,202 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Vox have an article linking to a 17,000 word post from one of the show's early writers, Javier Grillo-Marxuach.

http://www.vox.com/2015/3/25/8287389/lost-answers-secrets-abc

Advertisement