Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Supernatural Season 7 *Spoilers*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭tvnutz

I hope its not the end of Castiel,that was basically him gone for a good while anyway since the vessel exploded under water. Just would be a crappy way to end his story because he was such a great character. Also if they have killed off Bobby then I would be very upset because Castiel is already gone but I don't see them doing it,hopefully!

It seems these Leviatian creatures will be the big bad as you can tell from the opening titles where "Supernatural" is displayed in the black ooze.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

There was lots of story content there but I can't help but feel the episode wasn't amazing. The pacing was off, or it was missing music. There was no tension or something. They go back to Bobby's Hosue to find it burned down.. they lost everything, books etc and they can't find Bobby but they don't even seem too upset. Idk, something about it just wasn't great.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,986 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Cas has to be back :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Redisle wrote: »
    There was lots of story content there but I can't help but feel the episode wasn't amazing. The pacing was off, or it was missing music. There was no tension or something. They go back to Bobby's Hosue to find it burned down.. they lost everything, books etc and they can't find Bobby but they don't even seem too upset. Idk, something about it just wasn't great.

Agreed, how long was the drive back from where Sam was? and yet the building was charred and no flames at all burning, and no fire brigade to put the fires out :rolleyes:

That episode was directed by Jensen though i think, so hopefully back on form from first episode. I kinda hoped they dragged out the sam nt knowing who was real or fake, Dean or the Devil, it was a good angle and could have played out for a bit longer.

I also dont like these leviathan guys, especially when their face goes bad cgi for a scream, looks kinda lame.

Fingers crossed for episode 3 to pick up to the form we got from first episode, although i cant help but feel it wont :(

• Registered Users Posts: 55,451 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

The whole leviathan thing is really lazy. Water supply? Cliché.

The possessed people keep referring to a 'him', which means there is one person they can kill to end it all. Lazy lazy lazy.

Didn't like Cas's exit either. After the leviathan takeover last week, I expected them to draw it out for the episode at least, but he was gone before the title card.

Slippery slope after episode 1.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Jensen is directing next week's ep, I think. 7.01 was much stronger than 6.01 last year, its pacing was very choppy. I thought it was a 9 hour drive, though I may have misheard and perhaps it was only half of that, or less. But yeah, maybe seeing the complete destruction of Bobby's place was a stretch re burning time and so forth. Bobby's place being destroyed is sad, but every now and then shows have to do something like this, now all we need as a beta/alpha site. :pac:

And so, Castiel as we know him seems to be gone, though Misha Collins will probably pop up again. Suitable distribution system for the black sludge, reckon we'll see Captain David Aceveda, sorry, Benito Martinez, again. Sheriff Mills was a welcome return.

Mark Pellegrino tends to be good value, but I'm not hugely enthused by that angle being explored again, that's about my only complaint at the moment. Am not sure what to make of the Leviathan thing yet, some very ropey CGI when their faces go monstery.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭J-blk

Got to agree with most of the comments here and I can't understand why there was no "to be continued..." tag since this was clearly the start of a two parter. The episode simply does not really stand up on its' own.

Another thing that seemed really off was the location of Bobby's place. I remember seeing more of the scrap yard in season 6 and the house looked to be nowhere near a road/fence as it seemed to be in this episode.

As for Cas, I doubt this will be the last we see of him - the "him" boss character that the other Leviathan creatures refer to could still be using Jimmy as its' host or something I guess...

I think I'll have to see next week's episode to be able to better judge this one, it just doesn't do enough on its' own.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭angelll

Can't see it online yet on <SNIP> ,where are ye all watching?
    Edit : it's ok,found it on <SNIP>

• Advertisement

Oh Dean :( Disappointed there. Loved the dr who reference though :)

No streaming talk, angelll. Its against the charter.

Don't know about you guys, but I was tremendously bored by this one. Worst episode of Supernatural in a long time. Very little humour, and pretty crap monster of the week.

+1 point for a nice dark ending (the second last scene), but other than that it was pretty poor. That CGI teeth thing still looks terrible.

Oh, LOL @ Amy Pond. :o

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,203 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

It was alright, though I'd fault the writing more than the directing. It just didn't have the same drive or momentum as your typical Supernatural episode and Jewel Staite's character was a little thin. Nice catch from the Leviathan guy tracing Sam's fake credit card. The flashbacks were a little on the cheesy side. Think there was also a little in joke about some 3D film Jensen was in - Bloody Valentine? Good ending with the kid at the door, though.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,988 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Liked the first two, although Cas-as-God should've gone on longer and only then be replaced with the Leviathan arc.

The Leviathan arch as potential but it's a little clichéd right now - it's not too much beyond an invasion-of-the-body-snatchers scenario or even "V" by replacing people in power. Still it's open to interesting angles.

Nutjob-Sam is good as it's an angle they never properly explored last year with the wall being put by Death. I want to see him go completely off the rails, this time with his soul/conscience intact.

As to this week's episode... I was a little bored. Needed more humour, less flashbacks (to two kids who weren't great actors). With Ackles directing it meant less time for the two brothers on screen.

Good ending though - nice and cold. Also liking the continued presence of Bobby. At what point though does he get an "Also Starring" credit? He's still a "Guest Star" despite appearing in more episodes than anyone besides the two leads (and that's including Mischa Collins).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Pretty boring episode though, only redeeming factor was getting to see Jewel Staite on screen again, havent seen her since Firefly/Serenity :(

Not liking this Leviathan angle at all, its the same as the demons, instead of black eyes its gaping jaws, instead of black floating smoke, its black dribbling liquid :cool:

Should have just stuck with the Demons/monster of the week angle till better ideas started brewing tbh..

Source
    Jo Harvelle returns this week

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Munster Blogger

nix wrote: »
    Pretty boring episode though, only redeeming factor was getting to see Jewel Staite on screen again, havent seen her since Firefly/Serenity :(

Not liking this Leviathan angle at all, its the same as the demons, instead of black eyes its gaping jaws, instead of black floating smoke, its black dribbling liquid :cool:

Should have just stuck with the Demons/monster of the week angle till better ideas started brewing tbh..

Agree. Not a fan of the Leviathan at the moment. They need to be bigger and badder. They are being portrayed too much like demons were.

Struggling to see what direction this season is going. Must be due a big twist soon.

Episode 4 was better than last weeks (if only for the last 15 minutes or so...)

Did the Rabbi just let Sam take the rams horn?

Mr E wrote: »
    Episode 4 was better than last weeks (if only for the last 15 minutes or so...)

Did the Rabbi just let Sam take the rams horn?

Good stand alone episode really liked the egyptian theme. That scene with the Rabbi just seems to cut short.

Bit of a clip show affair, but I liked how Jo was used here and the Egyptian angle.

There was a good one liner in there, but it escapes me just now.

• Advertisement

I wonder will we see more egyptian gods? maybe a Norse god or two. Ride the coattails of Thor. I would assume we will see a reintroduction of Angels. They are two powerful for the show to just disregard them. I can't remember them being written out, Cas is due back too. Wasn't really a fitting end to his character.

Meh,it was ok,didn't see the point of any of it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,974 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Good stand alone episode really liked the egyptian theme. That scene with the Rabbi just seems to cut short.

The impression that I had from that was that the rabbi would probably appear in a future episode for some reason, so there would be at least some kind of explanation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Good episode today with two good guest stars. They are dragging out the whole Dean's guilt thing too much though.

Yeah, it was pretty good fun. I think having two witches was good value creatively and worked better than one would have, some nice deaths, too. The Levithan guy was never really going to be centre stage here, nice move having the witch put him down for a while.

'Hearts in my cupcakes?!!?!?'

Enjoyed it too,loved seeing james marsters again :D What's up with bobby by the way...has he been taken over by the leviathans (sp?) or something...something just seems a bit off with him.

I know what you mean although it's a little hard to tell when it's just phone talk. I think sometimes Bobby's a bit impatient with the boys because he feels they're not as on the ball as they should be.

I haven't watched any of the new episodes since the season opener, is it worth catching up on?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

I haven't watched any of the new episodes since the season opener, is it worth catching up on?
    No.. not really.

I thought last season started poorly.. but this year has been GODAWFUL!

• Advertisement

That's disappointing. I think American Horror Story will be my new Supernatural. There shouldn't've been a Season 6, let alone a Season 7. It's completely jumped the shark now, haven't they?

Advertisement