Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Your Random Skyrim Moments

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

yimrsg wrote: »
    Was up in some Orc stronghold beside a mine near Windhelm stealing everything that wasn't nailed down, after I filled my pockets with loot and ore as I was leaving through the front gate, I came across a scene of devastation; 2 goat corpses, a dead mammoth and a pin-cushioned sabre tooth cat and an Orc surveying the mess from a watchtower.

Trying to make sense of it, I reckon that the goats wandered out of the settlement (was I meant to close the gate?) and were attacked and killed by the sabre tooth but I can't fathom how the mammoth got involved, (the settlement is halfway up a mountain, surrounded by forest) or how a single Orc managed to defend the settlement from all manner of beasts. Either way I feel gutted on missing out on an epic fight that the surviving Orc will be able to regale over tankards of mead for years to come.

Those orcs usually have magician sentries as well as archers - they fire off very powerful strike spells

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 167 ✭✭promethius42

The court mage in rifftens conversation about some scientific theory, I know it was all scripted but it was absolutely brilliant especially the bit referencing the calipers from oblivion.

• Site Banned Posts: 236 ✭✭vader65

ha that was a brilliant moment talking about swallowing a black soul gem to negate negative effects the experiment would have on her.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,291 ✭✭✭Junco Partner

derpin about on a companion quest as a lowly level 8. making my way to the dungeon come across a giant having at it with a frost dragon. neither paying attention to me managed to kill the dragon and the giant just as he got close. i feel invincible now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Finished the game completely about a week now and nothing beats killing a wolf by kicking him in the throat to collapse his windpipe (cut scene).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

doing the hangover-re-tracing footsteps quest heard its good, got to the part where you go to that wannabe trader one in whiterun asking about the staff etc... Turns out i married her a while back and wont let me ask any questions asking about the quest only the usual has the shop made any money, make us a dinner

fuuu.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭Rob094

I was casually strolling around the lovely countryside south of Markarth when I happened across the strange sight of a trio of ehm.. Imperials just standing in a circle. Went to over to chat but when I got close it turned out to be three orcs in imperial armour. One came over to me and said:

"-Ehm, we are Imperial soldiers.. err.. ehm.. you are getting in the way of Imperial business. You must now pay a fine. Ehm.. Gold! 100 Gold! Now pay up!"

As he was talking I noticed three dead bodies stacked up behind them. The bodies just happened to be stripped of their armour. Smelling a rat I told them I would be having none of their request and I proceeded to dispose of the miscreants using a giant fireball.

This was completely random and not tied to any quest. I love this game :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

Rob094 wrote: »
    I was casually strolling around the lovely countryside south of Markarth when I happened across the strange sight of a trio of ehm.. Imperials just standing in a circle. Went to over to chat but when I got close it turned out to be three orcs in imperial armour. One came over to me and said:

I noticed that too.....
    As I'm a noob, I paid them some coin as I didnt want any hassle from the Imperials.
    However I then noticed the dead imperial troops so promptly killed the imposters and took my coin (and some more) back!

My randomness tale is of walking along and seeing a dead man & woman at a rocky outcrop.
    I read her journal and it was a tale of two lovers who were never meant to be together so ran away to be together in the wild. T
    hey stashed all their savings behind a tree stump.
    They came across a bear and were killed.

So I killed the bear, took their cash then moved her body over to her lovers body. I positioned her head as close to his crotch as I could and then left them.

..... they would have wanted it that way! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Havent encountered any glitches or funny moments but bits that stand out to me for good and bad reasons:

I was strolling with Lyd along a river and heard a dragon. Experience teaches me to tell my NPC to "wait" when a dragon appears to avoid them dying. So i follow the dragon to where its mainly in action and its taking on a giant on a mount as well as some magicians (Or whatever you call them) at a ruin. So seeing the giant I figure to best leave them at it. The giant appears to have died and the magicians types are all dead too so i take on the dragon. Its a different colour than usual and takes quite a beating to kill. I manage it and loot the bodies. Big head on me.

After about 20 mins between fighting and looting, I head back to get Lydia. While walking my character suddenly switches to 3rd person view and is flung up in the air like a bungee rocket.

The giant wasnt dead at all. :mad:

Another moment that stands out is in the city you wake up in after getting drunk. While walking the streets some lad asks me if I will help him suss out some daedric worshippers he reckons are in an abandoned house. After the fun of the quest with the madman daedric who is on his holiers in someone's brain, I figure that more fun awaits.

So picture the scene. Its close to midnight in RL and im playing in the dark with gamer headphones on. I go into the house and its a lovely gaff. however as we reach the door at the rear, a demonic voice blares over the headphones about killing and doesnt stop talking until I agree to get some priest for him. It was creepy to say the least!

faceman wrote: »
    So picture the scene. Its close to midnight in RL and im playing in the dark with gamer headphones on. I go into the house and its a lovely gaff. however as we reach the door at the rear, a demonic voice blares over the headphones about killing and doesnt stop talking until I agree to get some priest for him. It was creepy to say the least!

Yeah the Mace of Molag Bol. It's a cool quest. More than a bit creepy.

My random moment was seeing a makeshift shrine to talos and everyone around it killed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I like it when you dismount a horse and the horse just flies off in a random direction, never to be seen again.

The first time it happened, I was just a little level 5 noob, wide-eyed with excitement, exploring my new found freedom.
    I 'found' a nice new horse and I was heading from Riverwood to Whiterun, through a little mountainy bit.
    A little bit of icey mist was coming towards me, so I decided to get off to see what it was.
    Crap! Ice-wraith! Get back on the horse and flee! Crap! My horse has flown away, horizonal to the ground, over the hills and far away. *sad face*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭GodlessM

Considering how near-useless horses are in the game, I would say no biggie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭podgemonster

On my way back from speaking with Kematu, I met a farmer walking a painted cow. He was saying how he was giving this as a sacrifice to the giants so they wont touch his herd. Intrigued i ran ahead with Lydia and got myself a nice view point.

The farmer walks into the camp, giant walks over and there seems to be a moment between them. Then the giant launches him into the air and the cow tears outta there.

Another time waking to Whiterun in the middle of the night i met three lads drinking mead in a field and they offered me some, then told me best of luck in my quests. Nice guys!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sneeked behind a horse and took it, seemingly that makes the ownder temporarily blind as i rode off in front of him with it but anyways, when i dismounted my energy was zero and wouldnt regain started fumbling and tripping which seemed normal, went into sneek mode then started doing proper barrel rolls??:confused::confused: Can you actually do taht and I only found it there or what? Glitch maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 King Leper

Now it only took a few moments into the game to realize how amazing this game world was, but this was the first incident where I was truly amazed at the mechanics of the game.

I was just a few hours into the game when my character decided he wanted to travel to Riften to check into this thieves guild he had heard of so I set off across the land on horse. On my travel there I witnessed a troll and a bear in a fight. Being low level I decided this was a fight I would most likely lose so I got close enough to watch but then decided to move on.

A few moments later I see these three travelers so I get off the horse to speak with them. The guy starts to tell me that they are on the way to a wedding. While I am talking to him, I see the lady and the other man he is traveling with start screaming and running. I quickly break away from the conversation with the guy and turn around to see that the troll evidently has followed me. I quickly jump on my horse and dart away. The troll proceeds to charge in and kill the woman and the other man. The guy I was talking to takes off running but the troll catches up to him too. I had made my way up the mountain a little and jumped off the horse and started trying to take him down with the bow but as I am back peddling I realize I am not going to make a dent in this guy. I make it back to the horse and jump on and take off. I round a rock corner only to run head on into a sabre cat. I turn back and lead the cat back right into the troll. The two of them tear into each other while I make my way back to the three travelers bodies to loot their corpses and then make my way back to the trolls cave to loot what he had there. I made my way up the side of his cave and go up the hill so I wouldn’t run back into him.

When I knew I was safely away I paused long enough to catch a breath. I don’t know if the man had a quest I could have started or not, but the fact that those NPCs are dead now and I won’t know was just an awesome game moment for me. Amazing game.

King Leper wrote: »
    The troll proceeds to charge in and kill the woman and the other man.

Good one! Don't be afraid to get stuck in there and kick that trolls ass, they aren't too powerful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 King Leper

Good one! Don't be afraid to get stuck in there and kick that trolls ass, they aren't too powerful.

Oh I tried, but when I saw that the arrows werent really doing much of anything to him, I had to flee the scene. However, I have made it my mission since to drop everyone of them since.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,341 ✭✭✭Bobby Baccala

Just came across a giant camp and stood on a ledge taking the giant and the mammoth out with a staff of fireballs that i got off some dragon priest and a troll decided he wanted some action, he came along, destroyed the mammoth and then the giant turned on the troll, one shotted it and put it into orbit, i fell around laughing at the pure speed the troll picked up when it left the ground, comical stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

P4DDY2K11 wrote: »
    Just came across a giant camp and stood on a ledge taking the giant and the mammoth out with a staff of fireballs that i got off some dragon priest and a troll decided he wanted some action, he came along, destroyed the mammoth and then the giant turned on the troll, one shotted it and put it into orbit, i fell around laughing at the pure speed the troll picked up when it left the ground, comical stuff.

The Skyrim Space Program is always good for a chuckle. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,320 ✭✭✭dead one

An ancient dragon with two types of fires at once... i.e fire mix with ice... I think, it had eaten blood and frost dragon. :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

seeing a thief,Kitted out in eleven body armour sweeping someones porch :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Yesterday when randomly walking around the southern regions of skyrim I had a random dragon fight. After killing the dragon I walked a few metres onward only to find 2 dead goats on the road

Nothing unusual there only they were dead with the arses in the air and their front torsos hidden underground!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

thief.jpg

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Was in Riften yesterday, asked for training in Blacksmithing from Balimund. It cost around 10K gold in the end, so I decided to try to pickpocket my money back from him. He caught me, shouted for the guards, and tried to attack me.

I managed to miss his swing, which caught one of the guards who came running for me. Another guard came up to me, I had to pay my 12 gold as I'm with the Guild, all was good... except for the fact a huge fight started between Balimund, the people in the market, and the guards. Balimund is now dead, along with three other characters from the market, all because he tried to stop me thieving... weirdest moment yet!

Was in Riften yesterday, asked for training in Blacksmithing from Balimund. It cost around 10K gold in the end, so I decided to try to pickpocket my money back from him. He caught me, shouted for the guards, and tried to attack me.

I managed to miss his swing, which caught one of the guards who came running for me. Another guard came up to me, I had to pay my 12 gold as I'm with the Guild, all was good... except for the fact a huge fight started between Balimund, the people in the market, and the guards. Balimund is now dead, along with three other characters from the market, all because he tried to stop me thieving... weirdest moment yet!

That brilliant :-D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

came across three "revellers" having a drinking party on one of the big plains in the middle of nowhere, ages from the nearest town. one guy said something like how great drinking was, i said something like two beers is better than one, he then gave me one. the two other revellers were wearing what looked like nappys and nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Fighting an elder dragon today with 2 summoned dremora lords. They all ran off down the hill and then the dragon hung above them spinning crazily - just hung there wings all over the place, head down spinning and spinning. Not sure if he stopped because my dremora expired or one of my shots connected but for a moment thought the fight was going to be easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Had a brilliant moment in Dawnstar where I had to fight two ancient dragons; at the same time! I thought that the second dragon would wait it's turn but both dragons were attacking me from the get go. I'd be attacking a landed dragon and the other would be strafing me from the air. I went through a serious amount of potions just to survive. I had to run away from the village a bit to let them land as it was impossible to take them out with arrows and magic. The downside is they killed about 3 or 4 villagers though. Best moment in the game so far.

The aftermath:

yimrsg wrote: »
    Had a brilliant moment in Dawnstar where I had to fight two ancient dragons; at the same time! I thought that the second dragon would wait it's turn but both dragons were attacking me from the get go. I'd be attacking a landed dragon and the other would be strafing me from the air. I went through a serious amount of potions just to survive. I had to run away from the village a bit to let them land as it was impossible to take them out with arrows and magic. The downside is they killed about 3 or 4 villagers though. Best moment in the game so far.

Shame as thats probably half of Dawnstars population!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭yimrsg

Shame as thats probably half of Dawnstars population!

Yeah I haven't become Thane there yet and I wonder if any of the dead were meant to give me a quest to fulfil that.
    I fast-traveled back there on a quest for the companions and another dragon attacked me there, luckily this time it only killed a few guardsmen. I might just stop visiting it as I seem to be a harbinger of dragons.

Advertisement