Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

General chit chat about War Thunder

• 21-04-2015 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭

Sistership to the world of tanks general chat

To get ball rolling

the devblog is getting its gears going showing new stuff so a new patch is around the corner.

they showed off this oddity yesterday

Untitled_000047%20(Large).jpeg

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/764

They are classing it as a tank destroyer but it could also work as an artillery piece.

so the scumbags are coming to war thunder at last.

and they just posted this beauty

Untitled_000002.jpeg

good thing too, I'd run out of things to research in my german tech tree.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,383 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

Well thats supposedly gonna be a rank one tank destroyer but will be killable by even mgs so decent trade off i think.

Meh on the jet im no where near german jets im more interested in

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/767

just finished reasearching my patton 47 will be gunning for this when it comes out.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

How does WT handle corpses in destroyed/damage tanks? I know this was quoted as the reason for WoT not to show crew in open topped tank because it could get increased age rating from it (or they would need to ignore killed/hurt crew members etc.).

Nody wrote: »
    How does WT handle corpses in destroyed/damage tanks? I know this was quoted as the reason for WoT not to show crew in open topped tank because it could get increased age rating from it (or they would need to ignore killed/hurt crew members etc.).

Im pretty sure its the same in war thunder tbh not 100% sure on that

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Nody wrote: »

War thunder rather hilariously says your crew was *knocked out* or unconscious and they disappear from open top tanks.

A rather clever thing is if you put a shell into a tank and kill a crew member the timer to regain that position (gunner/driver etc) is the time it takes a crew member to get to that position move the *unconcious* body of the former crew member and take over the role. But most people assumed it was just crew members going unconcious and waking up again. But if you use X-ray vision during the game you see your loader or radio operator move to the new position instead.

Also effective way to kill russian tanks with panzer 3 is sniping most of the crew with apcr until they don't have enough crew left to man the tank

Big patch out today 40 new vehicles and 3 new maps

http://warthunder.com/en/news/3060-update-1-70-1945-weapons-of-victory-en

Give it a good shot when i get home

• Advertisement

New big patch today, american tank destroyers and british fleet air arm both added

new bf109 too so they know how to keep me happy...

also full urban tank map added in the form of berlin

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/788
    Pilots! Especially for those of you who have yearned for long and dynamic air battles, we are pleased to announce that we are developing a new game mode for update 1.51 "Cold Steel" that will allow you to play for several hours, allowing an unlimited number of revivals. In this game mode, players can connect to the battle at any time (except for game sessions that have ended). In this game mode, there are specific objectives that have been created, and players will have multiple tasks that they will need to complete: for fighters - to destroy all enemy aircraft; for attackers - to destroy all enemy AAA; for bombers - to bomb enemy strategic targets. As well as this, we are developing more combat missions and creating additional tactical situations., which will become available to players from time to time.

The more a team destroys enemy aircraft and ground targets, captures strategic areas, and completes other additional tasks, the more points that team will receive, hence drawing them closer to victory.

Players that first join one of these battles must start out by using lower tiered aircraft for their team. More powerful aircraft will be available after some time. For successful actions during the battle, this time will be reduced; in other words, to be able to fight with more powerful vehicles, you must first show that you are useful for your team on lower tiered or "wicked/poor" aircraft. Higher tiered vehicles will be available after some time. After flying with an aircraft, vehicles of this type and levels will be locked for some time (so the player must change the type or level of their intended vehicle, as opposed to using the same thing again and again).
    Joining one of these battles will be possible at any time, except for the last 5 minutes before the mission ends.
    Players who are not active (not joining in the battle for longer than 60 seconds) will be removed from the game session.
    The first players who can enjoy the new game mode "Endless sessions", will be those who play Realistic and Simulator Battles in the Tab "Events". We are looking for your feedback, which is going to be crucial for the development of this game mode.

Yes Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes a 1000 times yes!

in other news

leopard:

11402904_979648105402486_5791287906792200167_o.jpg

super hellcat

11412113_980070582026905_7199951547833543816_o.jpg

su 100Y

10704208_980228618677768_4734997484828541015_o.jpg

T-10M

10551459_980255472008416_4945581204080544398_o.jpg

t34-100
    10827968_980295508671079_8781497301717618396_o.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

might give thids another go, tanks look sexy

its good for mid to high tier germans at the moment as they've moved all the really dangerous Russian tanks out of range of the panther tanks meaning they are actually damn good.

Also they are celebrating the irish air corps at the moment and will be adding irish decals to the game

http://warthunder.com/en/news/3185-air-forces-the-irish-air-corps-en

Irish1.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

ya nice to see the irish air corps article and the decals added . pity they didnt include the current roundel aswell as the WW2 version

that 1.51 update sounds class aswell. is it just for aircraft though . although im more of a Tanker i still enjoy planes

ya nice to see the irish air corps article and the decals added . pity they didnt include the current roundel aswell as the WW2 version

that 1.51 update sounds class aswell. is it just for aircraft though . although im more of a Tanker i still enjoy planes

No there are a lot of tank stuff coming too, see all the pictures above of the tanks being added in 1.5. Also new reserve tank for germany and tier 1 soviet tank

also the first snow map will be added in 1.51

saw that alright . at least il have a few new tanks to work on unlocking . i have them all at this stage :D

Thoughts on the new patch ?

i like the new damage indicator . there seems to be a new type of fin stabilised ammo that im getting killed with a lot now though ?

The British are coming, the British are coming

http://warthunder.com/en/devblog/current/803

Just 3 of the new British tanks to be brought in they look good especially the comet and centurion, hopefully out late august maybe early september but that would clash with the brits out in company of heros 2 :pac::p

Hmm first de blog on American tanks was on 29th October actual release was 16th December

So if they keep the same rough pace it'll be early to mid September for its release

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    Hmm first de blog on American tanks was on 29th October actual release was 16th December

So if they keep the same rough pace it'll be early to mid September for its release

True. its not far off either way and a new tank faction will be sweet

Early churchills be funny, they'll shoot like panzer 3's but move like kv1 it will be strange to see in game.

Say what you will about the game and the developer but when Gaijin do trailers

they do trailers good

Yeah seen that its a really well done trailer, looking forward to starting fresh on a new line of tanks rank 5 on all other nations so this will be fun.

Same kind of CBT as the American tanks last year think ill put up for a premium tank get the research under way, maybe the firefly will be best.

1.55 out today first few tanks available with more over the coming days/weeks/months

http://warthunder.com/en/news/3473-war-thunder-update-1-55-royal-armour-en

• Advertisement

I picked up the cheap tier 1 british tank, not fussed about having a high end premium for the british for now and i'll be honest that tier 1 british tank is a a lot of fun, it's like a heavily armoured BT-7. You can go forward but forget about turning when you pick up speed. Gun is pretty good too.

i'm tier 4 in USA and Russia, and tier 5 in Germany in tanks (tier 5 in everything aircraft).

Also new planes for japan has me excited.

Here is the list of all the new tanks/planes for all factions. Notice the T44-122 a the bottom not a word mentioned about it until today, a t-44 with an IS-2 gun holy sh1t!!!!

Update 1.55 - "Royal Armour"
    New Vehicles
    ​Great Britain
    Crusader Mk II (Cruiser Tank)
    A13 Mk I
    A13 Mk I 3rd RTR (premium)
    Tetrarch Mk I
    T17E2
    Stirling B Mk I
    Stirling B Mk III

Great Britain (The following tanks will become available during the course of the British Ground Forces CBT)

Valentine Mk IX
    Valentine Mk XI
    А34 Comet I
    A30 Challenger
    Armoured Car Mk II (SPAA)
    Crusader AA Mk I (SPAA)
    Crusader AA Mk II (SPAA)
    Crusader Mk III (Cruiser Tank)
    Сhurchill Mk III
    Сhurchill Mk VII
    Cromwell I
    Сenturion Mk III
    Centurion Mk X
    AC IV Thunderbolt (premium)
    3 inch Gun Carrier
    Avenger
    Archer
    Caernarvon
    A39 Tortoise
    Charioteer Mk VII
    Cromwell Mk V
    A13 Mk II
    Sherman VC Firefly
    Achilles
    Matilda Mk II
    Valentine Mk I

Germany
    ​Kpfpz. Churchill (premium)
    Ju-88A-1

Japan
    Ki-61-I Tei
    A7M2
    Ki-44-II Hei
    Ki-44-II Otsu (premium)
    USA
    F3F-2

USSR
    MiG-17
    Т-44-122 (premium)

oha lot of us knew about the t-44 122 in the forums (it was on the dev server)

a lot of people were pissed about it until they got to try it. Supposably it A) doesnt get the post war ammo) and B) has a massive weakpoint in the front with a very big flat driver viewport that will let you kill 2 crew members instantly

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=176537

index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_rel_module=post&attach_id=176540

anyone else having trouble forming and staying in squads since the last update ? my game takes ages to connect to chat and kicks me out of squad after every round

LIGHTNING wrote: »
    New maps are quite good I'd have to say.

2nd battle of el alamain has quickly become one if not the best map in the game, tunisa is damn solid too, but el alamain is just so much fun and diverse, the sand dunes is great to fight on.

In another update the Cromwells are so undertiered its insane, they essentially perform as tier 2 panthers, they are fast, well armoured at the front (and none at the sides) and have guns with increasingly better penetration. Their only flaw is they are terrible at reversing.

pretty much the same as the panther except the panther has to deal with a a lot of heavy tanks while the cromwell with its low Br deals with panzer 3s, t-50s and early t 34/panzer iv all of which it can easily go toe to toe with. I have racked up some insane kill streaks with them.

I fully expect both of them to get their br raised sometime soon.

In contrast the Matilda is insanely overtiered for its worth and should be avoided.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    2nd battle of el alamain has quickly become one if not the best map in the game, tunisa is damn solid too, but el alamain is just so much fun and diverse, the sand dunes is great to fight on.

In another update the Cromwells are so undertiered its insane, they essentially perform as tier 2 panthers, they are fast, well armoured at the front (and none at the sides) and have guns with increasingly better penetration. Their only flaw is they are terrible at reversing.

pretty much the same as the panther except the panther has to deal with a a lot of heavy tanks while the cromwell with its low Br deals with panzer 3s, t-50s and early t 34/panzer iv all of which it can easily go toe to toe with. I have racked up some insane kill streaks with them.

I fully expect both of them to get their br raised sometime soon.

In contrast the Matilda is insanely overtiered for its worth and should be avoided.

I agree with the maps they are good but only if you are not in a slow tank :P

The matilda sucks i could find a single redeeming feature about it bad speed bad armor bad gun.

I dont agree with you on the cromwell they are not up to panther level they are really good at what they do but the flat armor makes them easily penned! i'd say they are closer to the top pz4's in the game but that would be it.
    They can struggle against some of the t-34, shermans and pz4. any thing higher than a BR of 4 and cromwells would be useless.

I agree with the maps they are good but only if you are not in a slow tank :P

The matilda sucks i could find a single redeeming feature about it bad speed bad armor bad gun.

There is one redeeming feature and it would benefit if they moved it down to tier 1 and put the two crusaders after it.

It cant be penned by any of the tier 1 triple AAA. I had some hilarious games where I was surrounded by 4 AAA armoured cars laying into me at point blank range and I was able to kill them all slowly one by one.

I dont agree with you on the cromwell they are not up to panther level they are really good at what they do but the flat armor makes them easily penned! i'd say they are closer to the top pz4's in the game but that would be it.
    They can struggle against some of the t-34, shermans and pz4. any thing higher than a BR of 4 and cromwells would be useless.

The armour at the front of the cromwell may be flat but its quite thick, more so then the panzer ivs which at its current BR might aswell be slopped.But the tanks performance is very similar to the panther, it's fast and cant reverse and the gun (especially the later 57mm version) is a high velocity weapon with a low explosive content. All traits you find in the panther D and A. It's not exactly the same but if you played the cromwell tier 2 and then went to the panther at tier 3/4 you'd play the same pretty much the same way.

I'm of the position that the first cromwell should be 3.3 br and the 2nd 3.7 that would put them on par with the the early sherman t34 and panzer iv f2 which are comparative. It also would not put them against too many heavy tanks (only more tank destroyers and panzer ivs for the germans and early KV tanks for russians and a lot of shermans and m18 hellcats in america)

agree the matilda sucks . and i do love the new maps . im with shamrock on this one though while they are decent the cromwell isnt a patch on a panther . ive never taken more than 2 non penetrating hits in it . i bought the royal guard pack and i will say its only a matter of time before the black prince has its BR upped . its a bloody tough tank with sabot rounds . only real shortcoming is its speed is terrible . im up as far as the caernavon now . good gun , mediocre armor . id say its more like the panther as it has a decent mix of speed armor and firepower and its agile

I dont mean its the same as the panther. I mean its the equivalent of the panther for tier 2. As in it performs the same way and fulfils the same role as the panther does not that it performs to the same standard.

It like how the zis 3 is the marder of tier 1. Its not as good as the marder but its the same high velocity cannon with no armour on a small tank with a surprisingly high profile.

• Advertisement

looks like you were right about the cromwell . new patch today its having its BR upped

Update 22.12.2015 (1.55.2.28)

Changes in ground vehicles:

British ground vehicles received their first 3 camouflages (two desert and one winter).
    A bug, whereby the tank-sight grass and foliage option may have been reset when the client was restarted has been fixed.
    Armour layout on the Сonqueror Mk 2 has been refined and fixed: in the damage model is now taken into account side skirts and boxes, frontal armour on the turret has been modeled more accurately, armour thickness in the frontal sloped turret profile has been increased from 150 to 250 mm.
    The thickness of some armoured parts on the A39 Tortoise has been fixed: hull top plate, thickness of the side skirts, rear parts of the hull, and thickness of the machine gun turret.
    The name of the 120 mm cannon of the Сonqueror Mk 2, has been changed from L11 to the correct designation: L1A2 (characteristics of the shells and cannon parameters have not changed).
    The sloping frontal armour for the Matilda Mk II has been fixed from 20 to 47 mm.
    The number of crew members in the Crusader Mk.II has been fixed - 5 crewmen instead of 4.
    For RBT-5 it is now possible to automatically reload the rocket payloads in Arcade Battles. Rockets will be reloaded in 90 seconds.
    The errors in the characteristics of the British OQF 6 pdr Mk III cannon (57mm) (Mounted on: Crusader Mk.III, Valentine Mk.IX, Cromwell Mk.I) has been fixed. The characteristics of this cannon were previously corresponding to more powerful cannon Mk V, and the armour piercing parameters of the AP Mk.5T shell were even higher. Now the ballistic characteristics and armour piercing parameters are more closely corresponding to the prototype.
    The fire rate of 17pdr. M10 Achilles has been decreased from 9.6 to 9 shots per minute.
    The fire rate of SP 17pdr. Valentine Archer has been decreased from 9.6 to 8.7 shots per minute.
    BR changes:

BR for the Cromwell Mk V has been increased from 2.7 to 3.0 in all game modes.
    BR for the Cromwell Mk I has been increased from 3.3 to 3.7 in all game modes.
    BR for the Centurion Mk 10 has been decreased from 7.7 to 7.0 in all game modes.
    BR for 3 inch. Gun Carrier has been decreased from 3.3 to 3.0 in all game modes.
    BR for the Churchill Mk III and german Kampfpanzer Churchill has been increased from 3.7 to 4.0 in all game modes.
    BR for the Valentine Mk XI has been increased from 2.7 to 3.0 in all game modes.
    BR for the 17pdr. M10 Achilles (and its premium counterpart) has been increased from 3.7 to 4.0 in all game modes.
    Location changes:

Second Battle of El Alamein

The height of the dunes has been adjusted slightly for a less obstructed field of play and the behavioural aspects of the sand has also been changed.
    Finer detailing has been added to the desert surface.
    The terrain has been smoothed out in areas where ground vehicles could get stuck or damaged.
    Some visual bugs have been fixed.
    Tunisia:

Small balance related changes have been applied.
    Sounds:

Dubbing for german localisation has been added.
    The audio for the D10-T cannon has been updated.
    The audio for the Ho-301 cannon has been fixed.
    Interface:

Soldier Trophies have been changed to the new 'Battle Trophies' in the Item Store.
    Note: This update applies to PC/Linux/Mac users. PS4 Users will receive the update as soon as possible.

Advertisement