Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Due April/May 2012 Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

God you did well to avoid the questions Neyite. Before I told my family, my sister copped on the first time i went to her house and didn't smoke.. even with my "ive a cold" lies :D

Im 12+5 today and ive my first hospital appointment tomorrow.. Im totally nervous and excited about it.. but more nervous, cuz im afraid to be too excited if you get me? Since the only real confirmation i have was wee on a stick 7 weeks ago... Ill be so happy to get the appointment over and done with and finally allow myself to get excited about being "knocked up" (as my OH has started to call it)

But one thing ive noticed, just since yesterday, is im weeing way more than usual, i thought it was supposed to lessen the further into pregnancy you go?
    And even tho I feel like im bursting I go for a wee, then ten mins later i feel like I need to go again!!! Its driving me up the walls!! FOUR times last night i got up for wee's, that in normal everyday life wouldnt even qualify as wee's :eek: t'is crazy, but i guess its all good signs :D

Will be back tomorrow, hopefully beeming from ear to ear wooohoooo :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭caprilicious

Neyite, so exciting having your scan this week! I hope all goes well :)
    Hopefully you're one of lucky people that doesn't get morning sickness! the tiredness sounds like a good sign too.
    Sounds like you did very well to hide it from your mum this weekend!

Staticdoor71, brill that you're having your first appointment too this week! hope it goes well. I'm the same with the wee's. Thankfully not so much at night but quite a lot during the day!

Saggycaggy, that's gas with the cocoa pops. I'm still off a lot of food but go through phases for a day or two when one food item will be ok & I stick to that for a day or two (ranchero crisps anyone? :) ) then go off that food altogether!
    Can't wait for my appetite to get back to normal.

Welcome on board Anne Other :)

Well I had an utterly wasted hospital appointment today.
    Went in this afternoon excited/nervous about my first consultant appt, waited an hour to be seen to only to be told that me being there was a mistake, that my first Ante Natal appt. would be in another 8 weeks :eek::mad::mad:

My GP had written to the hospital months and months ago for an appointment with the gynae as I was ttc for some time without success.
    I did receive an appointment for this for December which my GP asked me not to cancel (just in case :().
    The Doctor I spoke to today reckons that the appointment today was my gynae appt being brought forward.
    I wouldn't mind, but I'm assuming when you attend a hospital that ALL your records are kept in the one file?
    That being the case, the last page written in should have shown that I attended 2 weeks prior in the early pregnancy unit for a scan?:confused:
    If they had even checked my blood pressure/used the doppler to check baby I mightn't have felt so hard done by! but just to be sent off as I was had me peeved!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Hi all, Neyite i hope your scan goes ok tomorrow. as cap said maybe your just one of the lucky few not to have morning/afternoon/evening sickness.
    Staticdoor good luck with your scan also. I'm also having that wee problem up twice most nights.

Im only 10+3 and as i said before this is my first pregnancy. but lately been thinking maybe i'm having twins. :eek:
    Ok so had thought it before due to severe sickness but then my o/h sister said it. Then i had a dream that the doc said it when i was having my scan.
    Thought maybe the dream was because his sis had said it.
    But then had another dream that i got up in the middle of the night to wee and went into the spare room (soon to be nursery) and there were 2 cots.
    I then woke up and had to go in to check.
    I dont have my scan for 3 more weeks. has any one else had weird dreams or feelings. Also i am already starting to show, people that know have even mentioned my bump being visable already and my trousers are pretty tight.
    Dont know what to think.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

What a bummer Cap you must have been so disappointed. Hope you get to see babs soon x

ah lads...(ladeeeeeeeys), it was a-maze-ing!!!!!

It was sooooo surreal!!! The bambino was sooo lively and i could feel nothing! and a right little poser too!

I gained a few days, im now due 1st not 4th of april... i kid you not!!! Makes me 13+3 today, as opposed to the 13 i thought i was.. but sure how sure can they really be :eek: im just so happy that everythings ok and i got to see our bubz..

Only thing is she FREAKED me out cuz im A negative (rheuses negative or something like that) and she panicked me, but i called into my own doc and she put my brain at ease...

I was trying to attach a pic there but i dunno if its working.. im sure ye will let me know.

Hope everyone else is doing good??? Im sure ill bounce back to earth at somestage :D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Gonna double post – here and in the ttc forum!

Had my early scan this morning.
    What an emotional morning! I had been doing my best not to be thinking too negatively or positively – on one hand I was scared that I have no symptoms and thought that I might have had a missed miscarriage, on the other I was thrilled to be finally pregnant, even if it had been for a little while, all the time trying not to stress either way. So you can imagine my head has been a right muddle for the last few weeks.

This morning’s scan was purely to check for a heartbeat and multiples and check the dating, however at this stage dates can obviously be here or there slightly. So the nurse explained that she would firstly check the heartbeat (and therefore put us at ease) then check the rest. It was a vaginal scan so no need for the full bladder, thank god

So, within seconds, she located the sac and showed us the heartbeat, and I started to cry with pure relief. Baby is measuring my dates exactly at 7w4d. Then she located another heartbeat....TWINS!!! The second little one is measuring 7w1d, and his/her sac is much smaller, but the heartbeat was good and strong all the same. Big twin is 13.25mm and little twin is 10.55mm. Both ovaries showed the corpus luteum, so progesterone is not a concern. Since they have their own sacs, they are non identical.

We are overjoyed, shocked, delighted, terrified, relieved – pretty much every emotion is running through us at the moment. My OH is totally lost for words and was in awe of what we saw on the screen. Its early days still, and everything in Gods hands, but so far, he is doing a decent job of keeping my little family safe.

I got the referral for the GP to start the ball rolling on my maternity paperwork, and I also have to notify my endocrinologist due to the prolactin issue, and have another private scan in 2 weeks to check on them.

ahhhhhhhhh Neyite Congratssssssssssssssssssss

You obviously had no idea haha.. is this your first pregnancy??

Awww delighted for ye :D

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

ahhhhhhhhh Neyite Congratssssssssssssssssssss

You obviously had no idea haha.. is this your first pregnancy??

Awww delighted for ye :D

Yep! First ever pregnancy- its just that pretty much any women that I know had morning sickness on theirs whereas not a bother on me.

Neyite wrote: »
    Yep! First ever pregnancy- its just that pretty much any women that I know had morning sickness on theirs whereas not a bother on me.

crikey and with twins.. your lucky as hell!! Im only coming back to life now, thirteen weeks after starting to vomit my life away... and i know someone with twins who was admitted to hospital her sickness was so bad.. so well done you.. you must be delighted :D

Staticdoor71, congrats on your scan today its brill!! so clear! Delighted you got on so well :)

Omg Neyite CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!! massive massive congrats, I'm all teared up reading your news that's amazing!
    You must be absolutely over the moon! that's fantastic news. Can't believe you haven't a tap of morning sickness either, bonus!

Brill that you have another scan so soon too, no doubt you'll be in shock and disbelief for a few days so it'll be a lovely reminder of how lucky you are seeing the second scan!

Thanks Ms2011, I think my main disappointment wasn't the waste of time in hospital the other day, it was not being given any reassurance that all is well! But so far so good, still constantly shattered tired & appetite poor so the hormones seem to be doing their job!

• Advertisement

First purchases for the twins:

http://www.rockabyebabymusic.com/ecom2/index.php/music?limit=all&mode=grid

Because apparently they are going to appreciate good music like their dad and "not that ****e that their mother listens to" :rolleyes: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭Ms2011

Thanks Ms2011, I think my main disappointment wasn't the waste of time in hospital the other day, it was not being given any reassurance that all is well!

Would you consider a private scan? I had one at 8 and half weeks and it was so reassuring, got me by until 14 weeks until I could get my hospital scan!

I got my bloods done on Monday and have a lovely bruise the size of a 2 euro coin as evidence :eek: Having never even been in hospital before all of this poking and proding is a little unsettling for me!!

Anyway the fun bit is on Friday when I have my first hospital scan, so so nervous that everything is ok but excited too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Shuwaaah

Delighted for you Neyite, that's amazing!!! Congratulations!!!

Ms2011 wrote: »
    Would you consider a private scan? I had one at 8 and half weeks and it was so reassuring, got me by until 14 weeks until I could get my hospital scan!

I got my bloods done on Monday and have a lovely bruise the size of a 2 euro coin as evidence :eek: Having never even been in hospital before all of this poking and proding is a little unsettling for me!!

Anyway the fun bit is on Friday when I have my first hospital scan, so so nervous that everything is ok but excited too :)

I already had 2 scans in hospital :o I'm just worrying unnecessarily is all!

I want to hold off til (please God) later in the pregnancy before I get a private scan.
    I got a 3/4D one with my daughter at 24 weeks I think to find out the sex and it was amazing! really clear!

Fingers crossed all goes well for you with your first hospital scan! so exciting having that to look forward to :)

Neyite that's gas, must get the Bon Jovi one for my little girl :D

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭Play Bunny

Gonna double post – here and in the ttc forum!

Had my early scan this morning.
    What an emotional morning! I had been doing my best not to be thinking too negatively or positively – on one hand I was scared that I have no symptoms and thought that I might have had a missed miscarriage, on the other I was thrilled to be finally pregnant, even if it had been for a little while, all the time trying not to stress either way. So you can imagine my head has been a right muddle for the last few weeks.

This morning’s scan was purely to check for a heartbeat and multiples and check the dating, however at this stage dates can obviously be here or there slightly. So the nurse explained that she would firstly check the heartbeat (and therefore put us at ease) then check the rest. It was a vaginal scan so no need for the full bladder, thank god

So, within seconds, she located the sac and showed us the heartbeat, and I started to cry with pure relief. Baby is measuring my dates exactly at 7w4d. Then she located another heartbeat....TWINS!!! The second little one is measuring 7w1d, and his/her sac is much smaller, but the heartbeat was good and strong all the same. Big twin is 13.25mm and little twin is 10.55mm. Both ovaries showed the corpus luteum, so progesterone is not a concern. Since they have their own sacs, they are non identical.

We are overjoyed, shocked, delighted, terrified, relieved – pretty much every emotion is running through us at the moment. My OH is totally lost for words and was in awe of what we saw on the screen. Its early days still, and everything in Gods hands, but so far, he is doing a decent job of keeping my little family safe.

I got the referral for the GP to start the ball rolling on my maternity paperwork, and I also have to notify my endocrinologist due to the prolactin issue, and have another private scan in 2 weeks to check on them.

big congrats :) or double congrats

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

OMG Neyite. Brilliant news. I can't belive I'm so happy for somebody I've never met:D You have put a huge smile on my face :) I'm sitting in work with my tea and toast in tears!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Custard Cream

Morning everyone. I'm posting in the April/May babies and in the TTC thread. Just looking for some advise really. I'm 10 and a half weeks pregnant and we told our families last weekend. Obviously they were all delighted, over the moon and it was great telling them. Later on that weekend we went out for a drink with my husband's Dad and sister. She is a lovely girl, turned 40 about two weeks ago and she has had some health problems in the past. She is going out with a lovely guy for about two and it seems to be going really well.

Anyway to cut a very long story short. She had a few drinks on her started to tell me that they have been ttc since last November. She had tears in her eyes my heart just went out to her. She was a little bit tipsy and was speaking a bit loudly about my husband's illness which I know would have really annoyed him if he'd heard her so I said that we should meet up for a good chat.

Only problem is that I rang her the next day and she didn't answer the phone. I hope she is not embarrassed now and that she feels that she shouldn't have said anything. Do any of you have any tips on how to go about bringing the subject up again? I don't want to come across as a know it all and I don't want to hurt her feelings of saying nothing.

Sorry for the long winded post. She has just really been on my mind this week. I was thinking of writing her an email to say if she needs a shoulder just to give me a ring.

Custard Cream, would you refer her to the ttc forum? I was on it for a year and found everyone on it so supportive and informative. It sounds like she is hurting, infertility is very isolating because people rarely speak about it.

Hi guys, ten weeks today, morning sickness is still horrible but I keep telling myself I'm a quarter of the way there!!! I'm going public and my GP said he'd refer me to a hospital at 12 weeks, and said I should have my scan at 16 wks (I'm a bit skeptical about getting an appointment within 4 weeks, I'm presuming it will be delayed) and so excited about seeing a proper pic of the baby!

Just wondering (its early days yet), but have any of you ladies decided on finding out the sex before birth?

Hope everyone's doing well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭cocoemma

Hi everyone, Congrads to everyone too.. :D.. I'm halfway through 5 weeks pregnant this week! We told our parents only because we were soo excited but not ready to tell anyone else yet... We found out last week ( I had a feeling :) ) I'm absolutly delighted, delighted.. This is our first baby and I'm happy, excited, scared a million feelings in one and my partner is the same ha ha..

I have all the usual symtoms except the sickness, I've only felt little twinges if illness here and there and little bit of dizzyness,, but I'm no sickness yet.. Should I be getting morning sickness and all by now? I litterally only gettting about 2 or 3 hours between meals once i pass the three hours i'm leaping with the hungery my stomach is gurgling and making loud noises.. I dunno anyone experiencing the same or ever felt the same before...

• Advertisement

Hi cocoemma, congrats!!!
    I wouldn't worry about the lack of sickness, and some people are lucky enough not to get it at all. My morning sickness only hit at about 7 or 8 weeks, this is my first too so I'm no expert, but it seems to be different for everyone. I say enjoy the meals now, in case the sickness hits, and enjoy the pregnancy!!! :)

cocoemma wrote: »
    Hi everyone, Congrads to everyone too.. :D.. I'm halfway through 5 weeks pregnant this week! We told our parents only because we were soo excited but not ready to tell anyone else yet... We found out last week ( I had a feeling :) ) I'm absolutly delighted, delighted.. This is our first baby and I'm happy, excited, scared a million feelings in one and my partner is the same ha ha..

I have all the usual symtoms except the sickness, I've only felt little twinges if illness here and there and little bit of dizzyness,, but I'm no sickness yet.. Should I be getting morning sickness and all by now? I litterally only gettting about 2 or 3 hours between meals once i pass the three hours i'm leaping with the hungery my stomach is gurgling and making loud noises.. I dunno anyone experiencing the same or ever felt the same before...

Congrats! I am 8 weeks tomorrow and have not had a bit of sickness (yet!) . I got cramps at 5-6 weeks, but they went quickly. I get hungry very quickly - like one minute Im grand and can wait a half hour until lunchtime, then 5 mins later I am so starving I feel ill, so I have started a little stash of goodies in my desk drawer for emergencies. Its all normal as my scan yesterday showed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

Neyite, nearly died when I saw your name come up against that post. My god, congratulations. Was in tears on the bus earlier on my way into the Rotunda reading that you're expecting twins. So, so happy for you. Glad it all worked out in the end & fingers crossed things carry on great for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Awh staticdoor that pic is so clear, cant wait to have mine. not for another 3 weeks.
    TWINS Neyite congrats. I'd say your still in total shock.

Congrats CocoEmma! I'm the very same, I go from grand to absolutely ravenously starving in 60 seconds flat! It wouldn't be so frustrating if I wasn't turned off by nearly every food type at the moment!

Custard Cream your husbands sister is lucky to have a friend like you. Most people seem to turn squeamish at the mere thoughts of the topic!
    I think an email to her might be the way to go, like Neyite suggested point her in the direction of the TTC thread?

She mightn't realise how much support and advice is out there.

Shuwaaaah I like your way of thinking, we're quarter of the way there :) I hope you do get your appt soon, four weeks away wouldn't be too bad a wait.

I'm going to find the sex (all going well), I have a feeling its another girl but wouldn't mind being proved wrong :)

Shuwaaah wrote: »
    Hi cocoemma, congrats!!!
    I wouldn't worry about the lack of sickness, and some people are lucky enough not to get it at all. My morning sickness only hit at about 7 or 8 weeks, this is my first too so I'm no expert, but it seems to be different for everyone. I say enjoy the meals now, in case the sickness hits, and enjoy the pregnancy!!! :)

Thanks Shuwaaah & congrads :) its great talking to other women going through the exact same thing well nearly exact!! ha ha... humm yeah i'm making sure i'm eating well ha it's hard because once the hunger hits jesus it's full on isn't it.. im really enjoying being pregnant although had a massive hormonal day today some people seriously grated on me ha ha..

Congrats! I am 8 weeks tomorrow and have not had a bit of sickness (yet!) . I got cramps at 5-6 weeks, but they went quickly. I get hungry very quickly - like one minute Im grand and can wait a half hour until lunchtime, then 5 mins later I am so starving I feel ill, so I have started a little stash of goodies in my desk drawer for emergencies. Its all normal as my scan yesterday showed :)

Thanks Neyite and congrads to you for twins,omg shocker or what.. do you have twins running in your family? A thought has crossed my mind about twins but i suppose i wont know untill scan day eek,, yeah i know the hunger is crazy im exactly the same.. i have fruit inbetween meals it keeps me sane untill lunch, dinner etc i bascially bring a bag with me to works, 2 apples, an orange, kiwi, bananna, yogurt, bread and beans or a sambo ha ha and ive hard boiled sweets in case i get a dizzy spell ha ha..

cocoemma wrote: »
    Thanks Neyite and congrads to you for twins,omg shocker or what.. do you have twins running in your family? A thought has crossed my mind about twins but i suppose i wont know untill scan day eek,, yeah i know the hunger is crazy im exactly the same.. i have fruit inbetween meals it keeps me sane untill lunch, dinner etc i bascially bring a bag with me to works, 2 apples, an orange, kiwi, bananna, yogurt, bread and beans or a sambo ha ha and ive hard boiled sweets in case i get a dizzy spell ha ha..

No twins in the famiily - these critters are Clomid twins. :D We were TTC for 2 years and went investigating a year ago, they found no cause for infertility but stuck me on a few drugs anyway, and hey presto!

Im thinking about starting a baby diary for each twin (I have already decided to try to curtail all the matchy matchy stuff - grannies will do all that anyway) but I really feel that these are two very different individuals who will be bunking in together for the next 8 months.)

No twins in the famiily - these critters are Clomid twins. :D We were TTC for 2 years and went investigating a year ago, they found no cause for infertility but stuck me on a few drugs anyway, and hey presto!

Im thinking about starting a baby diary for each twin (I have already decided to try to curtail all the matchy matchy stuff - grannies will do all that anyway) but I really feel that these are two very different individuals who will be bunking in together for the next 8 months.)

Okay I understand.. I didn't know what TTC meant (do now googled it ha).. wow mad trying for one now you've two a mini mircle isn't it.. ha yeah they'll be individuals alright they've separate rooms already :) ..im sure the grannies will match them up alright.. i was going to start a baby diary myself must pick up a little journal..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Cadyboo

Hi Can I join please!? Have been lurking the last few weeks as I know people from the Cork thread but announced during the week so now am free to interact!!
    Am 12 weeks on Sunday with my first, had my booking app and scan last Monday so saw no point in waiting.
    Congrats to all of you on your own pregnancies!!:D Its very exciting isnt it?:)

• Advertisement

Congrats & welcome cadyboo :)

Cocoemma I should take a leaf out of your book and pack munchies like that with me when I go to work, save on the hunger pangs!

Neyite I love the idea of diary's for them, v cute :)

Advertisement