Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

SLANE 2009 Oasis - All Discussion - No ticket sales.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 lou-lou

that sounds good.. i emailed the slane farm the hostel in slane asked them if you could park the campervan there since they have tents.. waiting for them to reply, it be bit more secure its just my dad lending me the camper so want make sure no danger comes to it.. goin to head up the fri to check out the area.. whats the slane town like to go out in

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭stepinnman

No you can't bring your own beer.

Check your ticketmaster account email inbox to see if you selected print off yourself instead of post - that happened me before. Realistically you should have gotten them by now. Check your ticketmaster a/c and if they're not there give them a call straight away.

On another note, will there be a shuttle bus going from Drogheda?

I printed them off at the time and just have them on A4 paper. Never did it taht way before but couldn't wait to get my hands on them at the time. I presume there's no difficulty doing it like that as Ticketmaster offered that option but has anyone actually gone to a gig with the printed off tickets before and had a problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

lou-lou wrote: »
    that sounds good.. i emailed the slane farm the hostel in slane asked them if you could park the campervan there since they have tents.. waiting for them to reply, it be bit more secure its just my dad lending me the camper so want make sure no danger comes to it.. goin to head up the fri to check out the area.. whats the slane town like to go out in

I never went out in slane. Just got pissed by my tent.
    Let me know if you hear anything back about the campervan

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fjdevine

any1 know what times the bands are on stage?

I never went out in slane. Just got pissed by my tent.
    Let me know if you hear anything back about the campervan

just got an email back from slane farm, they said it no problem i can park the camper there. its 25 per person. here is the website if your interested.
    http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

fjdevine wrote: »
    any1 know what times the bands are on stage?
    You took the time to register but didn't take the time to read this thread?

just got an email back from slane farm, they said it no problem i can park the camper there. its 25 per person. here is the website if your interested.
    http://www.slanefarmhostel.ie/

Cheers. Ill take a gander

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

Just rang that slane farm hostel and their charging 25euro per person to camp there, but you have to arrive on the friday because the road to it will be closed off on saturday... Cant wait now gonna be some craic!

f... is that per person per night.

not paying 200e for 4 people for 2 nights to park a camper van...

• Registered Users Posts: 7 memuscles

Do the Dublin buses get closer into Slane than the coaches?
    And what is it like getting out of Slane on the Dublin Buses?
    Been on rented coaches before to Slane and the hike out of Slane to your coach can be very long depending how far out the road to Dublin your coach is parked.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 daddyorchipz

Does anyone know of any buses travelling from Carlow to Slane tried the usual suspects either full or not going! There is a group of 13 of us so even if anyone wants to help make up a 24 seater which would work out at about 25.00 euro each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 fjdevine

Bluetonic wrote: »
    You took the time to register but didn't take the time to read this thread?

havent time to read every single post and as a result i suffer the consequences of being a knob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭FockRoysh

What are the odds of the Lions match being shown on the big screens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭deisedolly

f... is that per person per night.

not paying 200e for 4 people for 2 nights to park a camper van...

It's 25euro for the entire weekend AFAIK can anyone else confirm this for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

never been to Slane before..and just wondering should I be expected to be squashed to near death? :pac:

i supose u can actually walk around for abit while support acts are on? can ya get food there? any other information that might come in handy?

long delays with traffic i supose aswell.. ?:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭tonton zola

Does anyone know of any buses travelling from Carlow to Slane tried the usual suspects either full or not going! There is a group of 13 of us so even if anyone wants to help make up a 24 seater which would work out at about 25.00 euro each

There are 2 of us looking to go up from Carlow too. So if you want us to make up numbers we're in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 nmg-lky

Bluetonic wrote: »
    Stage times etc..,

This wont open for me can. someone either put a new link up/ let me know what website they got it / copy and paste it on here

Thanks in advance

2pm Gates
    3pm Blizzards
    4pm Glasvegas
    5.30pm Kasabian
    7pm Prodigy
    8.30pm Oasis

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

That's balls, only an hour between gates opening and The Blizzards.:mad: Gonna be sprinting up so via the bar ofcourse.

:
    QUOTE=cork*girl;60666851]never been to Slane before..and just wondering should I be expected to be squashed to near death? :pac:

i supose u can actually walk around for abit while support acts are on? can ya get food there? any other information that might come in handy?

long delays with traffic i supose aswell.. ?:p[/QUOTE]

Youl only get squashed if you go up near the front.
    Food is the usual burger van cuisine.
    Traffic sh1te, but sure what else would you expect:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭cork*girl

:
    QUOTE=cork*girl;60666851]never been to Slane before..and just wondering should I be expected to be squashed to near death? :pac:

long delays with traffic i supose aswell.. ?:p

Youl only get squashed if you go up near the front.
    Food is the usual burger van cuisine.
    Traffic sh1te, but sure what else would you expect:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

cheers, thats what I expected really.. can ya bring a bag with ya? with food like? dont really want to be paying a fiver for a ****ty burger.. how long is the walk from car parks?

how strict are they with drink? will they actually check for ID? :rolleyes::p

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Renny Barrett

There are 2 of us looking to go up from Carlow too. So if you want us to make up numbers we're in.

Two here heading up from Carlow as well - is there still room? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭sean-nirvana

anyone lookin for a ticket for oasis/prodigy/kasabian? i have a spare

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Penny1624

memuscles wrote: »
    Do the Dublin buses get closer into Slane than the coaches?
    And what is it like getting out of Slane on the Dublin Buses?
    Been on rented coaches before to Slane and the hike out of Slane to your coach can be very long depending how far out the road to Dublin your coach is parked.

Just wondering about this also. We are travelling with Dublin Bus and one of the lads coming with us is disabled. Was told today that it's an hours walk back to the bus and I am really hoping this isn't true cos he wouldn't be able to handle it if is that far.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭RodVelvet

Keep in mind the bars at the gig usually close around 9 ish. I've camped at slane farm hostel a few times. They have toilet and showering facilities there and there is usually a good buzz going around the campsite.

If you're camping make sure your tents are water proof. I made the mistake of taking two dunnes ones and got absolutely saturated and had to sleep in the car after the concert.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,358 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Penny1624 wrote: »
    Just wondering about this also. We are travelling with Dublin Bus and one of the lads coming with us is disabled. Was told today that it's an hours walk back to the bus and I am really hoping this isn't true cos he wouldn't be able to handle it if is that far.

Hi Penny,

i haven't been in Slane for years but from when i did go i do remember having a long walk to the venue and a long walk once inside.

Either go up really early that day/stay the night before. But the roads will be jammed and most people abandon buses and walk to the venue.

If anyone can shed more light on this please do. Quite an important issue.

lordgoat wrote: »
    If anyone can shed more light on this please do. Quite an important issue.
    Buses will park all along the south of the N2 on both sides of the road, your looking at approx 2miles minimum, none of it on the flat (Slane is one big river valley).

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2911447

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Penny1624

Not the news I was hoping for but at least we know what to expect now. Not sure what we will do.
    Thanks guys

• Registered Users Posts: 5,958 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

I'll clear this up for you guys, this is what we and everyone else has done for years. There are a couple of official parking locations (fields) near the venue. Park your car/van/campervan, sort your tent and have fun. There are also always a few other 'local' fields used for parking and there is never any bother setting up your tent and camping. Just clean up after yourselves and have a bit of respect for everyone. Arrive good and early so you can relax in your field with your mates and your beer and whatever else (?) before heading into the gig. If the weather is good the walk, only a couple k's, is great craic because everyone is up and ready for the gig.

Remember, they are not gonna even attempt to clear out packed fields of drunken revellers after a full day event like this unless things have drastically changed. I/we have done this (along with thousands more) for Queen (I was only a young lad), Guns n' Roses, ReM, and the Rolling Stones only 2 years ago.

So go and enjoy and have some respect for your fellow revellers, no one likes arseh*les.

• Advertisement

I'll clear this up for you guys
    They are using Dublin Bus to get to the gig.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement