Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ghosts - What are your experiences?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Riamfada wrote: »
    Yeah probably. but sill freaky

Absolutely! I had tvs and radios turn on unexplicatively, it's very startling!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Padjooshea

ive got a pic of a ghost if anyones interested

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Padjooshea wrote: »
    ive got a pic of a ghost if anyones interested

I'm sure lots of people would be interested.

Cant put it up. Something to do with urls and new users.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Cant put it up. Something to do with urls and new users.

Funnily enough, you should be able to do it now that you've reached 50 posts.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Nope. No Ghost just some leaves on a tree.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,571 ✭✭✭newmug

I dont see it either.

Does anyone know what happened to the most haunted show? Was that real?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭Grays Sports Almanac

Does anyone know what happened to the most haunted show? Was that real?

Well it's integrity has been called into question on a number of occasions.

I doubt any of it was real.

Derek Acorah has been proven to be a fake.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wo282yo08o8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW_ONN8odYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGoD3D2WrrA

It became a bit of a joke for what could've been an interesting show.

• Advertisement

ha. now i c

would people go for another show like that i wonder

would people go for another show like that i wonder

If they didn't go for that one, what makes you think they'll go for a different one?

did it not have good ratings

did it not have good ratings

Less than fair city I believe. Ghost town ratings.

ha, which is scarier.
    is that charleville castle haunted.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭I Am_Not_Ice

I liked the most recent iteration of Most Haunted in which they had no mediums at all; they simply went to haunted locations and investigated them.

I think the fundamental problem with this sort of investigative paranormal television is that they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't: if they fail to record any significant or convincing evidence, a lot of people will inevitably say "See? They went to that allegedly haunted location and discovered nothing! I told you there's no such thing as ghosts!"; but if they do manage to record activity of a seemingly supernatural nature, then the response is usually something along the lines of "Well they're obviously faking it for ratings. Yawn, whatever." Plus, a lot of ghost-hunting-type shows are annoying as fcuk.

• I liked the most recent iteration of Most Haunted in which they had no mediums at all; they simply went to haunted locations and investigated them.

I think the fundamental problem with this sort of investigative paranormal television is that they're damned if they do and they're damned if they don't: if they fail to record any significant or convincing evidence, a lot of people will inevitably say "See? They went to that allegedly haunted location and discovered nothing! I told you there's no such thing as ghosts!"; but if they do manage to record activity of a seemingly supernatural nature, then the response is usually something along the lines of "Well they're obviously faking it for ratings. Yawn, whatever." Plus, a lot of ghost-hunting-type shows are annoying as fcuk.

The Live shows were pretty good spectacles in fairness. Also this thread is now nine years old. Wow.

i was thinking of setting up a site for genuine supernatural stuff. Im unsure if it will take off. if people are interested. let me know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Kettleson

i was thinking of setting up a site for genuine supernatural stuff. Im unsure if it will take off. if people are interested. let me know.

Yes I am sure many will be interested. Could I ask when you say "genuine supernatural stuff", what do you mean?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭MathDebater

My grandfather died about fifteen years ago after a battle with cancer. Nearing the end, our house was full of my aunties, uncles and cousins coming and going as we were minutes away from the hospital and everyone wanted to be with him before he passed away. The house is your typical three bed semi D. As you walked up our stairway there were individual portrait photographs of me, my sister, my ma, then my granny and grandad. Anyway, there were about fifteen of us in the house one lunchtime for soup and sambos when his portrait fell off the wall and came flying down the stairs. A couple of minutes later the housephone rang and that was that. He passed away. It could have been a gust of wind coming up through the front door(this was December so most likely) or could have been one of my cousins running by and accidentally bumping the photograph after using the upstairs bathroom(likely again,in a house full of hyper youngsters). I'd like to think it was him giving us the heads up and saying one last goodbye! It gave my ma some comfort anyway as she was upset that she wasn't with him right up until the end and I guess that's the main thing.

Spooky coincidence all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Roosterreid

Hi all – fantastic thread!

So, my story comes from my father – a retired policeman in Northern Ireland. The story originates when he was working the night shift in a police station based in a sleepy little village in County Down. The police station was a former private residence and is a four story building – my dad would often refer to it as a huge dungeon of a place and I know it creeped him out. He isn’t a religious man or a believer in the paranormal. I have been in the station many times and it truly has a very creepy vibe. The basement was used for changing and locker rooms and general storage (cones / signage etc); the ground floor was the public face of the police station and had interview rooms along with a small kitchen to the rear; the first floor were offices and lastly the second (top) floor was the ‘rec’ room and had a pool table / dart board etc.

As was routine during quiet periods on night shift, the officers would take turn at sleeping for a few hours on the top floor of the station in the rec room. There were a row of chairs against the wall in this room and this was used a makeshift bed. Whoever was ‘sleeping’ would always have a police radio beside them at the time, while the other office remained on the ground floor undertaking paperwork (or drinking coffee). The only ghost story I ever heard and the only time my dad ever spoke of ghosts related to one night he was on night shift.

My dad was sleeping in the rec room, on his side along the chairs, he was facing the wall. He woke up at approximately 3am to the room being ‘horrendously cold’. He thought something was up with the heater in the room so went to turn to see what was wrong. He found himself ‘frozen’ in place, he describes it like paralysis. He said he lay there for what felt like a few minutes – fully awake but paralysed with freezing cold temperatures present – where he could see his breath. All of a sudden, the ambient temperature of the room returned normal and he was able to move – he swiftly bolted upright, exited the room and ran downstairs. He didn’t see anything, but knew something was present in the room with him.

After doing some research on the paranormal, in the presence of a poltergeist, sub-zero temperatures and temporary paralysis are often experienced!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,660 ✭✭✭✭maccored

that really sounds like sleep paralysis to me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭Kamili

maccored wrote: »
    that really sounds like sleep paralysis to me

Have to agree
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sleep_Paralysis

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,964 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The Live shows were pretty good spectacles in fairness. Also this thread is now nine years old. Wow.

I thought the Halloween special in Wales was the best live event they did .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

I never really come in here (don't think I've been here before?), but anyway as a complete sceptic with not many dealings with the paranormal I've figured that something isn't "right" in my house or I live in a specific location where gravity is acting a bit funny, which is highly doubtful.

As an engineer by degree I know how things should operate,land, act when in the air etc and for the past 2-3 years I've fobbed stuff off as accidental and purely down to chance, but to be honest it's becoming far too common now.

It started off when I moved in here and I dropped a lighter and it landed upright, no biggy but it was the first thing I remember. A few months later I drop my sky control and it lands stationary and upright, must be a 1 in a million chance of a sky control landing on its base like that but again no biggy but a bit freaked out. As years went on it just kept and keeps happening, drop a butter knife it will stand upright on its base, a bottle of coke same thing minimal bounce, candle stick lands upright and on and on. My friend thought I was going mad about 3 months ago until we were having a few drinks one night and he dropped a match, yep it lands upright. Drop my phone, lands upright. Drop a slice of buttered toast, no luck it lands buttered side down unfortunately.

This happens say once a week now where as it only happened once in a blue moon usually so I could happily ignore it before. Tonight I dropped a pen and it landed upright again so I said feck it and thought I'd come on here and share.

Every horror film ever would dictate you are living above an Indian Burial Ground.... enjoy! :pac: :P

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Yemowt

I know somebody who I trust who told me this story. It is second hand but at least it is something.

So this person was on holidays on an island with a friend during the autumn. One night after they left their hotel to explore the island a bit more with their friend they got their dinner and headed off to explore. While they were exploring the weather changed and it got misty and foggy. (Classic :) )

At this point they were asking anybody who they met for directions back to their hotel. It turns out they were heading the wrong way in the end and they were walking along this road and all of the sudden this man with a dog came out of the fog ahead of them coming towards them. They were taking turns in asking people where to go and as there was only two of them, it was her friends turn. They walked past and about two minutes later she asked her friend "Why didn't you ask him?" she replied with "Who?" It turns out that the person I know saw the man and the dog and her friend did not. The man and the dog walked right past them so I do not think that her friend just did not see the ghost. Personally I believe the person who told me this.

I personally tried to find anything about the location or any ghost stories on that island but there was nothing. Think of it what you will.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 Ro2015

For anyone looking to record video/sound at night, have you looked into an app on your phone? I few years ago I was experiencing sleep paralysis every night while staying in a friends family house. I was curious to hear if I was making noise during it as I was constantly trying to scream out for help while it was happening. Downloaded an app on my phone which turns on when any sound is made. It was actually fairly sensitive and it saves you having to listen or watch hours of footage of what might be nothing at all! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 Yemowt

Ro2015 wrote: »
    For anyone looking to record video/sound at night, have you looked into an app on your phone? I few years ago I was experiencing sleep paralysis every night while staying in a friends family house. I was curious to hear if I was making noise during it as I was constantly trying to scream out for help while it was happening. Downloaded an app on my phone which turns on when any sound is made. It was actually fairly sensitive and it saves you having to listen or watch hours of footage of what might be nothing at all! :)

Any chance you know the name of it?

Advertisement