Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

9.3 Changes

• 18-08-2014 8:23am
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here's the latest from FTR on tech tree changes for 9.3:
    "Germans will recieve the RU251 on tier 8, that will merge with Leopard Prototype"

"American branch is pretty straightforward – Chaffe, T37, M41, T49 (which merges into T54E1)"

"Soviet changes are more extensive. MT-25 will no longer be unlocked from tier 6 KV-1S, but from tier 5 T-34 and will lead to tier 7 LTTB, tier 8 T-54 Obl. (light T-54), which will merge with tier 9 T-54. Current KV-1S will be split into tier 5 KV-1S (unlockable from KV-1) and KV-85 (tier 6), that will be researchable from KV-1S"

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/18/straight-outta-supertest-9-3-branch-changes/

Reading the comments I wonder is it worth it for me to unlock my Chaffee before 9.3. I am 10K short with my M5 atm, had expected to unlock it within 2 weeks. (If I tunnel visioned it could be 1-2 days!) But if 9.3 drops the cost from circa 50K to 30K would I be better to convert the extra 15-20K to free XP?

In addition the question for me is do I buy the KV-1S now (already unlocked) which will become Tier 5 or just grind to the T-150 now?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

I'd hold off buying the KV-1S until the final patch notes come out and detail how things will be done (short of you unlocking the next tier with it until 9.3!) to avoid you ending up with overpaying for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

nice changes, wonder what the t54 light will be like.

bought the wz132 at weekend, great tank, really enjoying it.

might push on with german emdiums now after the update..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

Not played WoT in awhile.

Did they nerf the speed of the M4A3E2 at some point ? It was slow, but now feels hell of a lot slower >_<

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 9,718 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tenger

Latest notes posted on FTR:
    http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/26/straight-outta-supertest-9-3-partial-tank-changes/#more-16128

Please keep in mind that this is just a partial list of what is going on in 9.3. Full supertest patchnotes will be available on Thursday.

KV-1S changes
    KV-1S is getting split to two tanks: KV-1S and KV-85

If you have the KV-1S unlocked:
    - if you have the 85mm D-5T gun unlocked, you will have the 85mm S-31 gun unlocked as well
    - if you have KV-1S unlocked, you will have KV-85 unlocked as well
    - KV-1S statistics are transferred to KV-85
    - KV-1S crew will be retrained to KV-85 with the exception of the radioman (who will remain on KV-1S)
    - XP accumulated on KV-1S will be transferred to KV-85, so will the barrel rings
    - if you have the elite suspension unlocked, you will have the KV-122 suspension (elite) unlocked as well
    - if you have the elite turret unlocked, you will have the KV-122 Obr. 1944 turret (elite) unlocked as well
    - if you have the 122mm U-11 unlocked, you will have the 122mm S-41 howitzer and the elite turret unlocked as well
    - if you have the 122mm D-2-5T unlocked, you will have the 100mm S-34 unlocked as well

If you have the KV-1S in your garage:
    - equipment will be moved to the depot, so will the consumables and shells
    - KV-1S gets changed to KV-85
    - crew of KV-1S will get moved and retrained to KV-85 (apart from the radioman, who returns to barracks)
    - KV-1S camo and inscription will be transferred to KV-85
    - if you have stock KV-1S suspension, you will get stock suspension on KV-85, same goes for elite
    - if you have the V-2IS engine on KV-1S, you’ll get the same engine on KV-85
    - you will get the same radio on KV-85 as you had on KV-1S
    - if you had a stock turret, you will get a stock turret on KV-85 as well, same goes for elite turret
    - guns get changed from KV-1S to KV-85 as such: 76mm ZiS-5, 76mm S-54, 122mm U-11 and 85mm D-5T all to 85mm D-5T, 122mm D-2-5T gets transferred to KV-85

Chaffee changes
    Chaffee turret and guns get changed (amongst other changes)

If you have the Chaffee unlocked:
    - if the 76mm T94 gun was unlocked, you will have 75mm M17 gun unlocked
    - if you had the 2x44E24 V-8 Cadillac engine unlocked, you will have Twin Cadillac Series 44T4 engine unlocked (stock)
    - if you had the second engine unlocked, you will get the Wright Continental R-975C4 engine (elite) unlocked

If you have the Chaffee in garage:
    - shells will be moved to hangar
    - 76mm T94, if it was installed, will be moved to the depot and you’ll get 75mm M17 instead
    - stock and second engine will be changed without moving of the module to depot (second engine will be elite)
    - if you had the elite engine installed, you will get the second (elite) engine
    - if the stock engine is in your depot as a module, it will be sold for purchase price in credits (8000 creds)

M5 Stuart changes

M5 turret and guns get changed (amongst other changes)

If you have the Stuart unlocked:
    - 37mm Gun M6 will be unlocked in any case
    - if you have the elite turret unlocked, you will also get the 37mm Gun T16 unlocked

If you have the Stuart in the garage:
    - shells will be moved to the depot
    - if you have the 20mm Hispano-Suiza gun installed, you will get 37mm Gun M6 instead
    - if you have the 75mm M3 instealled, you will get 37mm T16 instead

yes, he also says it looks like we wont be getting the free tier 5 and tier 6, only the tier 6.

never really got on with the kv1s, i put a good crew into it and re bought for the laugh but we just dont get on. i have way better games in the su100y with similar gun and no turret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Mixed feelings about the patch as I'm very heavy soviet player but have most of these unlocked. Are there stats for the kv-1s tier 6 replacement yet?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

R0ot wrote: »
    Mixed feelings about the patch as I'm very heavy soviet player but have most of these unlocked. Are there stats for the kv-1s tier 6 replacement yet?

Here you are:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/19/straight-outta-supertest-kv-85-with-100122mm/

Though that's supertest values, but they're likely to carry over.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,473 ✭✭✭R0ot

Spear wrote: »
    Here you are:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/08/19/straight-outta-supertest-kv-85-with-100122mm/

Though that's supertest values, but they're likely to carry over.

My beautiful KV-1S what have they done to you....

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

R0ot wrote: »
    My beautiful KV-1S what have they done to you....

About Fecking time! :P

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,035 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Advertisement

"- Bonus to combat experience which rewards vehicle non-penetration/ricochet added, applicable only when an enemy shell hits the vehicle’s hull (original trajectory of the shell must cross the hull), but does not reduce its HP."

My premiums just became even better.

And:

"- Tier VIII–X vehicles with transmission in front are no longer set on fire when a shell hits the transmission."

If Wargaming didn't post this themselves, I'd think it a hoax, cos parts of this patch are too good to be true.

fv304 bert enrfed.. delighted.

t57 nerf postponed to 9.4 or 9.5

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,258 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

"- Bonus to combat experience which rewards vehicle non-penetration/ricochet added, applicable only when an enemy shell hits the vehicle’s hull (original trajectory of the shell must cross the hull), but does not reduce its HP."

And:

"- Tier VIII–X vehicles with transmission in front are no longer set on fire when a shell hits the transmission."

If Wargaming didn't post this themselves, I'd think it a hoax, cos parts of this patch are too good to be true.
    I'd have to agree, not only the above but also:
    Disciplinary penalties for the following instances of unsportsmanlike conduct added: inaction in battle, exiting the battle before vehicle is destroyed, self-destruction.
    Finally something for bots and the unicorns suciding at the end rather than fighting it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Aenaes

I think Spear will be itching to take his Jagdtiger out to battle.

My JT was long ago replaced by a Jagd E100 upon the day of its release. That however stays in the garage, as it's not fun to play.

My steroid enhanced freak of a Panzer 2J now, is a different matter.

some good changes there alright. the arties suiciding was so annoying.. hopefully the vehicle gets locked out for 24 hours or something as punishment!

Characteristics of the following vehicles improved: Object 430, M6A2E1, Т92 SPG.

T92 buffed? Interesting.

My JT was long ago replaced by a Jagd E100 upon the day of its release. That however stays in the garage, as it's not fun to play.
    It's a fun troll tank though; I've basically one shotted mediums who then went on to whine in chat about how OP my tank was :pac:

Yeah, I've heard good things about Jgpz. E-100. How you can hold 3-4 tanks around the corner cos they're afraid to be the first one to move into your gun sights :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

And:

Does that mean T28 will stop being a Tommy Cooker mk2?!

• Advertisement

Hmm, I had to go check, but the real T28/T95 had the transmission in the rear, so the Wargaming version wrongly has it in the front, so it will benefit from this.

9,3 test server to start tomorrow. Anyone able to make a guess in relation to how long until actual implementation?

Tenger wrote: »
    9,3 test server to start tomorrow. Anyone able to make a guess in relation to how long until actual implementation?

Standard pattern is one week, with RC1, one week with RC2, then an RC3 as a small hotfix on the Friday, followed by the release on the following Wednesday. So three weeks. But this is all test dependant, stuff can blow up etc etc.

3 weeks.....not sure I can hold off getting my Chafee. I have 55K xp. (Had been grinding towarsa it for a while now) Question is can I have fun in it before it is rebalanced. I would guess I will get mostly mauled in Tier VIII- X games.

no test server yet grrrr

wanna try out the m48a1 patton before i sell my m46 to buy it on live server

Quick update from FTR on the test server:

http://ftr.wot-news.com/2014/09/05/9-3-first-feedback/

Initial reviews of the US light tank line from Tier V Chaffee up to Tier VIII T49.

Not happy with the German tech tree. I sold my Luchs a long time ago...looks like I need to get the leopard and the Awful Panther in order to get the new RU251.
    Might try the test server to see how I like it. (Never did test server before)

Advertisement