Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever been on a game show?

• 01-08-2012 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭barry711

Just wondering if there is any members on the boards who have been on any Irish tv game shows? and if so, how was the experience :) actually can be any tv show for that matter

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Are you going to be on tv OP?

Stuck on a panel between some old smelly culchie biddies, that look miserable because they only won 6 cars, 12 holidays and €60,000?

Sure after buying a years worth of bacon and cabbage and 500 cats, theres only enough left for a collection of Aran jumpers in every colour.

Im not lucky enough to get on a gameshow :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I was a substitute for Blackboard Jungle. And they didn't bring the substitutes along on the night. It was just a heartless ploy to spin my hopes and dreams out.

It was twenty years ago, it still hurts :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

benwavner wrote: »

Stuck on a panel between some old smelly culchie biddies, that look miserable because they only won 6 cars, 12 holidays and €60,000?

They do look bloody miserable dont they?!

I would look like a mental case from the minute I got there!! Id be jumping up and down the place like a twat! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

No, but I watched one once.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

benwavner wrote: »

is it worth it tho to have to speak to Derek Mooney for an hour :pac:

• Advertisement

kfallon wrote: »

Pfffft dude its Marty Whelan and a hot brunette now!!!! She does be giving him daggers all night, does be gas so it does :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

I was on "Hiúdaí" on TnaG when I was about 6. There's a few seconds where the camera points directly at me while I dance around and sing "Barbie Girl". I'm a guy (not that it wouldn't be embarrassing if I was a girl, but it makes it that bit worse!)

Shudder.

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Pfffft dude its Marty Whelan and a hot brunette now!!!! She does be giving him daggers all night, does be gas so it does :rolleyes:

Does Marty still have the head dyed off him???

Does Marty still have the head dyed off him???

Nope hes a silver fox now, his moustache is still a bit brown though, looks so stupid :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

They do look bloody miserable dont they?!

I would look like a mental case from the minute I got there!! Id be jumping up and down the place like a twat! :D

Me too, Id make a show of myself but feck it, moneh moneh!!

Very good point! I hate that guy, isnt he meant to be gay!

About 10 years ago a guy in work was on Winning Streak or whatever. Now this guy is a total miserable asshole. He was going around for a whole week bragging about what he was going to do with the money he was going to win. He pretty much had €50k spent in his head and was leaving the job.

We all tuned in on the night, big smiley head on him all night....until the end, when he won less than €12k......they gave him an extra €8k because apparently you are guaranteed to leave with at least €20k.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭BarnhallBull

Just checked and Barbie Girl wasn't even released until I was 8. ****e.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Nope hes a silver fox now, his moustache is still a bit brown though, looks so stupid :rolleyes:

Marty looks on himself as god's gift to women.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Pantsface

i wouldn't go on winning streak in a fit - those silly games you have to play with the dodgy cartoons, do they still have them?

and its biddy-central, moody biddy central

Marty looks on himself as god's gift to women.

I saw Marty in Liffey Valley a few months ago.

Pantsface wrote: »
    i wouldn't go on winning streak in a fit - those silly games you have to play with the dodgy cartoons, do they still have them?

and its biddy-central, moody biddy central

Sure thats the craic of it all!!!!!

Biddies are gas :) Id probably end up spearing marty out of it though. Big annoying head on him.

Id say id get caught looking at yer wans arse a few times ;)

Sure thats the craic of it all!!!!!

Biddies are gas :) Id probably end up spearing marty out of it though. Big annoying head on him.

does miss patronising ar*e katherine thomas do it with him these days, or is that some other show?

Feeling more like :rolleyes: :p

As we're talking about Marty, I'll just leave this here....

http://www.balls.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/fkL0f.jpg

:pac:

does miss patronising ar*e katherine thomas do it with him these days, or is that some other show?

Geri Maye does it now, I think she hates Marty Whelan as much as I do. She does give him these looks like 'you are a total gobsh*te' :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,073 ✭✭✭Pottler

that's a whole other show. I'd still err, watch her though.

As we're talking about Marty, I'll just leave this here....

:pac:

I laughed......and then I LAUGHED!!!!!! :D

• Advertisement

I laughed......and then I LAUGHED!!!!!! :D

He was just 'excited' about his new role :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

I was on Blackboard Jungle sporting a rather unique hairstyle.

He was just 'excited' about his new role :pac:

Marty cant wait to get his hand into his pants acting

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

I was on Jerry Springer recently. Not as a guest but as a member of the crowd. I was with a few friends and we were seated right in the middle so we appeared quite a bit when the camera showed crowd reactions or when Jerry was asking the guest questions.

Marty cant wait to get his hand into his pants acting

Marty had a big surprise for his colleagues at RTE!

Anyway have we established what game show the OP is going on?

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

With my (very) extended family on the inaugural "Test the Nation" in 2006. Didn't win anything but had some free wine and food and the pleasure of the company of Miriam O'Callaghan, Ray D'Arcy and Mary Kennedy, amongst others. Managed to get a shameless plug in for the family business. Some of the family were veterans, having starred (?) in "Murphy's Micro Quiz-m" in the 80's. Ahh, the innocent days......

Niall_G wrote: »
    With my (very) extended family on the inaugural "Test the Nation" in 2006. Didn't win anything but had some free wine and food and the pleasure of the company of Miriam O'Callaghan, Ray D'Arcy and Mary Kennedy, amongst others. Managed to get a shameless plug in for the family business. Some of the family were veterans, having starred (?) in "Murphy's Micro Quiz-m" in the 80's. Ahh, the innocent days......

I'd still give both of them a shot at the title :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭FueledByAisling

my school is near RTE so we get called in quite often to do them! I've never wanted to be in the audience because I've no interest being a contestant. Do not do it, it is awful. The show might be 20 minutes long but you can be there for 2 hours until the lighting guy gets the lights for literally a 10 second shot right. Although we did get free food which was good

my school is near RTE so we get called in quite often to do them! I've always wanted to be in the audience because I've no interest being a contestant. Do not do it, it is awful. The show might be 20 minutes long but you can be there for 2 hours until the lighting guy gets the lights for literally a 10 second shot right. Although we did get free food which was good

Went to a recording of Alan Carrs celebrity family fortunes....

Hes a knob and we were there ages!!

I was in the front row and was asked to take off my cardigan because it was black and it would look like there was an empty seat lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭Crooked Jack

I was on school around the corner doing standup. Then me and a friend got in trouble the next day for killing a load of fish in the UTV lobby by pouring all the free Tango we were given into their tank. Mad stuff.

Advertisement