Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wanted: Writer for new Games website.

Options
  • 22-06-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi Guys,

I am unsure of where to post this on boards.ie so this looked like an appropriate place lol.
    We just set up a gaming website two months ago and we are looking for a Microsoft desk editor. We have a Sony and Nintendo editor so all we need is Microsoft one. A general games editor would be great too, basically we just want a person who has a passion about the industry and loves to write.

Roles will include publishing the latest Microsoft gaming news and writing intelligent articles about Microsoft and the gaming industry as a whole. It would be great if the person could become an active member in our forums also!

As you probably know, writing for a website is very time consuming so a passion for the industry and Microsoft is a must!

The website is www.deadsmartgaming.com, so if you are interested please let me know.

Cheers!

Francis

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,731 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

So, what's the pay?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 thekiddfran2

So, what's the pay?

Hi, there is no pay at this moment in time. We just set up the website so it will be more of a hobby really for the writer. We are looking for a guy who enjoys writing about games in his spare time. When the website gets alot bigger i.e. Game reviews and such,we will think about giving people money to write!

Cheers

Francis

That's fair enough. I'm still a curious about something though. Is the site affiliated with Microsoft or will you also be doing reviews for non-MS games.

No it is not at all, we have a Sony and Nintendo editor so all we need now is a Microsoft editor to complete the crew. We wouldn't mind a general editor too to keep the gaming news up to date but I presume they will be hard to come by.

Would you know the proper place on Boards to post a thread like this actually?

ye could probably ask the mods in a few different forums, but as it's a nonpaying role i would assume personally that the games forum would get you a wider audience than here in editing.

I'd be interested to hear more though.

The reviews and previews etc.. would i be right in guessing you've got access to games prior to release, or are those done as and when the p/reviewers get the chance to buy them?

Also, is it console gaming or pc gaming you're looking for here or both?
    I'm just guessing because you mentioned sony and nintendo, both of those being giants in console gaming.

• Advertisement

Once your website gets big enough and has a good reputation, games publishers will send us out a review copy of the game prior to the games release date. Right now though, because the website is only a few months old we won't be reviewing games until we get a big enough team of writers together.

Great, I will put this up in the gaming section so. I thought if i put it in there though I would get banned?

We are focussing purely on console gaming for news and articles but our opinion pieces could be about any part of the gaming industry.

Ask the mods first, I'm not too sure myself tbh. If they wont allow you to post it, they will let you know where (or if) you can :)
    Just incase ye thought otherwise, I'm not a moderator on these particular forums, just an interested party.

Great thanks for the help. If you know anyone who would like to write for a gaming site let me know.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 w3vnzoom

Your site is interested but I only see information about games

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kiliagan

I'd be interested though i'm not really the biggest Microsoft fan I'm more of a general leaning toward Sony.

I currently actually have my own game blog at the moment Kiliagan Reviews if you want to see if i'm good enough :)

• Advertisement

Kiliagan wrote: »
    I'd be interested though i'm not really the biggest Microsoft fan I'm more of a general leaning toward Sony.

I currently actually have my own game blog at the moment Kiliagan Reviews if you want to see if i'm good enough :)

Hi,

Cheers for the interest. I looked at your gaming blog and I like it although, it is out policy not to review any games for our website. We are looking for writers to write about the gaming industry as a whole and not to review certain games. Maybe if the website gets big enough, we might form a review team. Right now though we are just looking to get the core writers together. If you want to see the style of writing we are going for you should read our Bioware article on our site. If you are interested, let me know.

Cheers,

Francis.

w3vnzoom wrote: »
    Your site is interested but I only see information about games

Hi, it is a video game website so you are right in saying it is only information about games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Kiliagan

Hi,

Cheers for the interest. I looked at your gaming blog and I like it although, it is out policy not to review any games for our website. We are looking for writers to write about the gaming industry as a whole and not to review certain games. Maybe if the website gets big enough, we might form a review team. Right now though we are just looking to get the core writers together. If you want to see the style of writing we are going for you should read our Bioware article on our site. If you are interested, let me know.

Cheers,

Francis.

I can write about the gaming industry as a whole but that is not the point of the blog. I only referred to it give an indication of my ability and interest in the industry. If would like I could write up a sample news article and send it to you if you'd find that to be a better indication of my ability. :)

Thanks for the quick reply hope to hear from you soon. :)

Kiliagan wrote: »
    I can write about the gaming industry as a whole but that is not the point of the blog. I only referred to it give an indication of my ability and interest in the industry. If would like I could write up a sample news article and send it to you if you'd find that to be a better indication of my ability. :)

Thanks for the quick reply hope to hear from you soon. :)

Yeah that would be great. Thanks a mill.

Advertisement