Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Ye are ones to talk alright down in kerry, does the name Declan Quill mean anything ? i.e. a court case....

Sure Galvin is an angel he would never say anything to Noel O'Leary such as 'nice day for a hanging' as he said to poor Noel a few years ago on same week there was a suicide close to him.

Tadgh Kenneally would never pre-meditate a dirty elbow into the head of a cork player.

I could go on with dirty kerry......

"Dirty Kerry"..what are you, 12?

That Cork urban legend about Galvin saying that to Noelie is horse**** also just so you know.

Declan Quill (hardly an Icon given his total what 10 c/ship appearances ever?)..acquitted of any wrongdoing whatsoever if I recall and now works as a National School Teacher.

Very sensitive bunch here. I'm well aware of the character of Galvin etc...Anyone wants to discuss that, have at it. We're talking about Teddy Mac here. Great player that he was, a man who has assaulted supporters in the stands in Croke Park for example, is not being held up as an icon for young Cork GAA fans I would hope?

Didn't know boards Cork GAA thread was an enclave for the Frank Fan Club..will know better in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Pride Fighter

And why don't you list it for us....... Or don't you have sufficient brain power to imagine up some trash out of that hazel nut between your ears.

play nice or don't play at all.

Infraction given, don't post like that again.

Mod

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Didn't know boards Cork GAA thread was an enclave for the Frank Fan Club..will know better in future.

Good lad.;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

And why don't you list it for us....... Or don't you have sufficient brain power to imagine up some trash out of that hazel nut between your ears.

Lets see countless examples involving Eoin Cadogan and Noel O'Leary.

A number involving Cork players and the Gooch, Derek Kavanagh in 2010 being just one, Same with the hurlers when playing Waterfprd over the years.
    Fionan Murray's comments to Marc O Se in 2002 semi final.

Sean Og and Donal Og to name 2 in the Munster Championship game in 2007 or 08 with Clare.

Not to mention the treatment for managers by both teams over the last 5/6 years.

Also no surprise to see players thinking Frank Murphy was great when they need him and put the blame on him to cover up there own short comings.

But over course in the deluded eyes of Cork people none of them things happened

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,266 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

lala88 wrote: »

Then what's the problem:pac:

Vincents went down in their final by 1-5 to 0-05.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

A number involving Cork players and the Gooch, Derek Kavanagh in 2010 being just one, Same with the hurlers when playing Waterfprd over the years.

Sean Og and Donal Og to name 2 in the Munster Championship game in 2007 or 08 with Clare.

Not to mention the treatment for managers by both teams over the last 5/6 years.

Also no surprise to see players thinking Frank Murphy was great when they need him and put the blame on him to cover up there own short comings.

What county is this chancer from?

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

what word was it that paudi o shea used to describe Kerry supporters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I can agree that Murray was a ratty player but what comments,humour me., but as for the rest, I was hoping for a list of incidents. Not a vague recollection of "several incidents involving" with out any definition..... Oh well, I'll soldier on

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Why are you on a Cork thread and trying to start deliberate rows about Cork players? Go back to the Kerry forum. Things can't be that bad there that you need to come on the Cork GAA forum.

Amprodude wrote: »
    Why are you on a Cork thread and trying to start deliberate rows about Cork players? Go back to the Kerry forum. Things can't be that bad there that you need to come on the Cork GAA forum.

Isn't is obvious.....he's a bit lala.....:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The Vincents game was low scoring as I expected but I'd imagine the weather played a huge part in that moreso than defensive tactics.

Anybody at the match?

As ever the Cork boys turn a blind eye to what goes on with there own players wile pointing the finger at others. No one in Kerry has ever tried to defend Galvins actions over the years the same cant be said for Cork people when it comes to there players.

On another note yet another Cork team go under to a Kerry team yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Ye are ones to talk alright down in kerry, does the name Declan Quill mean anything ? i.e. a court case....

Sure Galvin is an angel he would never say anything to Noel O'Leary such as 'nice day for a hanging' as he said to poor Noel a few years ago on same week there was a suicide close to him.

Tadgh Kenneally would never pre-meditate a dirty elbow into the head of a cork player.

I could go on with dirty kerry......

A crock of **** as I'm sure you know only too well, every second county player is alleged to have used this chestnut at one point or another in their careers :rolleyes: as a neutral it is quite clear they are both unsavoury and unhinged characthers, but it is quite obvious to anyone with even a morcel of a brain who the better and more accomplished player is, and he certainly isn't from Cill na Martra ;)

As ever the Cork boys turn a blind eye to what goes on with there own players wile pointing the finger at others. No one in Kerry has ever tried to defend Galvins actions over the years the same cant be said for Cork people when it comes to there players.

You'll said you'd give a list of incidents.... You haven't. (not a vague recollection of "several incidents) Any chance you be a man of your word....
    Is be happy to accept truthful incidents involving cork players (especially teddy Mac, as that's where your inflamatory comments began)
    No doubt there are incidents, but you are yet to impart your knowledge with us.
    Still a Tool

You'll said you'd give a list of incidents.... You haven't. (not a vague recollection of "several incidents) Any chance you be a man of your word....
    Is be happy to accept truthful incidents involving cork players (especially teddy Mac, as that's where your inflamatory comments began)
    No doubt there are incidents, but you are yet to impart your knowledge with us.
    Still a Tool

Ok then We'll start with a few pictures then shall we
    Surprise surprise look who one of the Cork players is ''Poor Noel''
    http://i.imgur.com/aw7wv.png

And another
    http://i.imgur.com/mO9kL.png

And one last one
    http://img689.imageshack.us/img689/658/image3s.gif

Now how about a few links

http://www.hoganstand.com/cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=5632

http://www.hoganstand.com/cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=5360

http://www.hoganstand.com/cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=80476

http://www.hoganstand.com/cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=82127

http://www.hoganstand.com/cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=141897

http://www.hoganstand.com/cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=146053

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=132713

What any more?

mr bungle. wrote: »
    what word was it that paudi o shea used to describe Kerry supporters.

Another thing you'll over look im sure

http://www.hoganstand.com/Cork/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=108420

Shur, as you seem to be idle, horse out a few more.
    Are you saying these are out of the ordinary incidents exclusive to cork? All are on the football field. you could have a list like this for any football team in the country.
    It's not as if anyone assaulted a kid in a classroom or anything.

Allegedly :D

Shur, as you seem to be idle, horse out a few more.
    Are you saying these are out of the ordinary incidents exclusive to cork? All are on the football field. you could have a list like this for any football team in the country.

No im not but you seem to say incidents with Kerry players dont happen anywhere else. Wile your at it and you seem to be so such there are so many incidents with Kerry players why dont you list them out.

Surprise surprise whos the main man in the middle of this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgMdRQJ29Vg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJ-I3QoDVes&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwOsW459aDE&feature=relmfu

Heres Noel doing what he does best
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dp1gs1VsVjI

Im sure in this one Dinny Allen was the victim
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0h3QQIBH6Y&feature=related

Mods how is this allowed to go on.

Heres my point. Take one successful senior club in Cork like Nemo Rangers and one successful senior club in Kerry Dr. Crokes

How many times have Nemo Rangers won the Senior Munster club championship let alone All Ireland club titles? Dr. Crokes may have matched Nemo in Munster club titles won but Nemo have won more All Ireland club titles than Dr. Crokes, who only have one. One of Corks most successful clubs has won more than Kerry's most successful club.

Dr.Crokes will always play second fiddle to Crossmaglen Rangers and have failed to beat them each time they have played. Must be the Northern teams sign over Kerry or something. Dr.Chokes we should call them.

So you want to put Cork down? here's the above put flying back at you.

• Advertisement

Take one successful senior club in Cork like Nemo Rangers and one successful senior club in Kerry Dr. Crokes

How many times have Nemo Rangers won the Senior Munster club championship let alone All Ireland club titles? Dr. Crokes may have matched Nemo in Munster club titles won but Nemo have won more All Ireland club titles than Dr. Crokes, who only have one.

Dr.Crokes will always play second fiddle to Crossmaglen Rangers and have failed to beat them each time they have played. Must be the Northern teams sign over Kerry or something. Dr.Chokes we should call them.

So you want to put Cork down, here's the above put flying back at you.

And where have the mighty Nemo been as of late?

Northern teams sign over Kerry? Strange last time i checked when Kerry last played an Ulster team who won? Wile your at it remind me how Cork have got on any time they played Kerry in Cork Park?

Northern teams sign over Kerry? Strange last time i checked when Kerry last played an Ulster team who won? Wile your at it remind me how Cork have got on any time they played Kerry in Cork Park?

Donegal?

How did that game go again lala? :D

Cork ladies were the last to play Kerry in Croke park and they mauled Kerry.

Donegal?

How did that game go again lala? :D

Same as what happened Cork when they played them, what was yer excuse for that one? I assume it was the managers fault thats normally the way it goes with ye never the players fault

Same as what happened Cork when they played them, what was yer excuse for that one? I assume it was the managers fault thats normally the way it goes with ye never the players fault

No simply Donegal were the better team and played the better football that day.

No simply Donegal were the better team and played the better football that day.

wow that must be a first a Cork fan not blaming someone else for a loss!

Any genuine Cork supporter who follows GAA would agree that Donegal rightly deserved their victory that day. They were the better footballers an I have no problem with that.

wow that must be a first a Cork fan not blaming someone else for a loss!

I think they do that in Kerry.

Any genuine Cork supporter who follows GAA would agree that Donegal rightly deserved their victory that day. They were the better footballers an I have no problem with that.

I think they do that in Kerry.

Do they? Because the strikes that Cork went on would say otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭ciarriaithuaidh

Lads, this is silly tit for tat stuff...Neither Kerry nor Cork (or any other county team) have been whiter than white over the years..such is the nature of an aggressive contact sport like Gaelic Football. Yes there are players who play on the edge more than others, Galvin, Niall Cahalane etc..and when the line is crossed, then fair enough, let the incident be pointed out and discussed...but some of the **** being stirred up on forums like this in recent years is poisonous and distracts from discussion of the actual games. Typical exampleo, is the Galvin-Noelie "hanging" story a couple of pages back, which I've heard several people swear blind to be true in pubs etc...despite the fact it never occurred.

Lets just all move on from the last few pages, shall we?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭mr bungle.

Lads, this is silly tit for tat stuff...Neither Kerry nor Cork (or any other county team) have been whiter than white over the years..such is the nature of an aggressive contact sport like Gaelic Football. Yes there are players who play on the edge more than others, Galvin, Niall Cahalane etc..and when the line is crossed, then fair enough, let the incident be pointed out and discussed...but some of the **** being stirred up on forums like this in recent years is poisonous and distracts from discussion of the actual games. Typical exampleo, is the Galvin-Noelie "hanging" story a couple of pages back, which I've heard several people swear blind to be true in pubs etc...despite the fact it never occurred.

Lets just all move on from the last few pages, shall we?
    lala88. is the only one here that needs to move on.he is a **** stirrer of the highest order

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement