Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Shiminay's 1.8 Realm (invitation thread)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Pompous

Lol this is bananas

330029.jpg

Updated my client to 1.8.1 and all is well. Thanks to Shim, Darkglasses and Maillart for helping to prevent the rollback.

330103.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Rachel_Ann

I'm back tonight if anyone's around??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I'm a maybe.

• Advertisement

You picked a great time for it Rachel, my internet has died :o Compliments of UPC.

I borrowed my brother's dongle so I have wireless, now I just need to find my wireless adapter for the PC. So I'm also a maybe, pending the results of my search.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

I'm hopping on now, I might jump over to my single player world to continue my ocean monument thing, but I'll stay on TS if other people are playing :)

UPC fixed itself :D I'll be on all night.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Anybody else unable to use Realms with optifine anymore?

Ponster's nephew is on his uncle's account griefing atm. He already hit my sheep farm. A ban would be nice :)

• Advertisement

He took my diamonds and my iron... hopefully this can be rolled back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭john the one

Pompous wrote: »
    He took my diamonds and my iron... hopefully this can be rolled back.

How much did he get?

I'm not the only one he robbed, judging by the stuff he had on him when I killed him. From me he took 46 diamonds, 28 iron, 3 wither skellie skulls, some enchanted picks... idk I think that's it. Hard to tell. He's gone now anyway, he logged off as soon as I killed him.

Here's what my sheep farm looks like now xD

331653.jpg

I'd say the disorganization is killing you!

Least he didn't take your armour

Apologies, looks like he did take your armour

Haha no, I'm wearing that set of armour. It's my ocean monument armour, I've been there all week. I don't really mind the disorganisation, it looks pretty cool with multicoloured sheep everywhere. I'm just hoping this can be rolled back to replace everyone's items and fix whatever other damage he might have done.

I'm sure/hopeful it can be! Ponster, you give that boy a spanking :P

331685.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

330103.jpg

I was trying to build a Pigman crusher so that if anyone accidentally aggro'd one, the horde would be killed without further aggro. Turns out the AI of pigman has changed, so all that death was for naught. :pac:

I went back on today, and managed to get it set up and discovered the above, so I switched it to a gravity drop, which does work, but it'll probably get rolled back along with everything else. It's cool, though, it's just a couple of sticky pistons hooked up to a lever, so I can set it up again quickly.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Ponster banned, I don't even know how to begin to describe how annoying and disrespectful that sort of behaviour is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭mindstorms

I was on yesterday, had a quick look at my meagre dwelling, all seemed fine. Ender chest had all my diamonds anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭kronnn

Think my earlier post got lost here, was just wondering if there was any room on the whitelist? IGN: Kronnn

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

I've been showing one of my friend's kids around the Realm, and he would like to try it out, if that's possible? He's been warned against griefing, promises to be good as always, and if he does you can kick me off too!
    name: creeperface5552
    Thanks.

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 12,956 ✭✭✭✭bnt

bnt wrote: »
    I've been showing one of my friend's kids around the Realm, and he would like to try it out, if that's possible? He's been warned against griefing, promises to be good as always, and if he does you can kick me off too!
    name: creeperface5552
    Thanks.
    Scratch the above request - we discovered that FTB Lite 2 works great on his older laptop, and so I've just set up my own server instead!

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

That guardian farm is the bomb dot com :D

welchy wrote: »
    That guardian farm is the bomb dot com :D

Might go for a look tonight, where is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Use the portal at pomps house beacon or the rail track just beside the main nether hub (in the nether)

Just a couple things about the farm:

Depending on your computing power, only leave it running for 2-5 mins. (5 mins is the max before you start to lag the server).

Bring a splash potion of poison* if you want to farm the guardians. I'm all out atm.

The whole water system is operated by a single button. Try not to double-tap the button. This will cause some pretty bad problems.

Depending on your computing power, only leave it running for 2-5 mins. (5 mins is the max before you start to lag the server).

:o Hopefully the toaster will last 30 seconds..

• Advertisement

Haha poor toaster. You won't know how your computer will handle it until after you turn the machine off and go into the nether to the collection point. Just a heads-up :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement