Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What beer are we drinking this week, too?

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I've two left in the box I got last Christmas. Tempted to get another box this year...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

I've never tasted it. Would you say it lives up to the reputation

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

hamsterboy wrote: »

Yes.

<edit> No doubt someone will be along shortly to tell us all its overrated, as per all the other world class beers mentioned on here

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

It's definitely an amazing beer and certainly lives up to the accolades imo.

The only problem with beers like these is that people's expectations can be too high given all the hype, and invariably they end up being let down. You also have to actually like the style.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭hamsterboy

Kewl. While I do like the style, it's not a style I drink a lot of. That being said I am well excited about opening one of these at the weekend

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,604 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Lemmie see now......what beer could I possibly be drinking this week.......
    lh3pg8xl.jpg

I'm sure it's known. But where from and how much

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭matrim

http://www.drinkstore.ie/WESTVLETEREN-12-GIFT-PACK-WESTVLETEREN-12-GIFT-PACK/

I got one about a month ago and at the time he only had 20 left

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭H_Lime

RasTa wrote: »
    Yeah very reasonable price considering the %. Going to pick up a couple myself this weekend, hopefully as good as draught.
    Where you getting it on draft?!
    Btw how long before new users can post a pic? My account is yrs old and wanted to shoot up a pic of some booze but alas...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

H_Lime wrote: »
    Where you getting it on draft?!
    Btw how long before new users can post a pic? My account is yrs old and wanted to shoot up a pic of some booze but alas...

Against the grain in Dublin. €6 for a 350ml, served in a cup. Maybe 50 posts before you can post a pic, check the faq

RasTa wrote: »
    Against the grain in Dublin. €6 for a 350ml, served in a cup. Maybe 50 posts before you can post a pic, check the faq

Wow,bwould not have thought it was available on draught here! I'm too long out of Dublin obviously, things must have come on so!
    Thanks will check faq, pain in the hoop.

• Advertisement

Might just be me but this batch seems a tad more carbonated?
    Still fuggin devine mind mmmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭Herb Powell

Kinsale Black IPA, fecking hell, beer brewed 20 mins away is some of the best I have ever tasted. I love trying new beers, but Kinsale Pale Ale has become a staple for me simply because it is too bloody good!

Picked up three new Buxton beers tonight - the Saison, Ace IPA and the Far Skyliner Berliner Weisse. First two are excellent, struggling to think of another brewery as consistently good as these from this side of the pond. Will try the sour tomorrow.

drumswan wrote: »
    Picked up three new Buxton beers tonight - the Saison, Ace IPA and the Far Skyliner Berliner Weisse. First two are excellent, struggling to think of another brewery as consistently good as these from this side of the pond. Will try the sour tomorrow.

I really liked their Jaw Gate APA, along with a few others I've tried by them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

drumswan wrote: »

Where did you get then

adamski8 wrote: »
    Where did you get then

I think I got mine in Deveneys Dundrum

adamski8 wrote: »
    Where did you get then

Redmonds. Theyve about 8 or 9 Buxton beers in stock. Worth the trip for these alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Thorton

Actually, this week I just had the Green Flash double stout. I don't know what makes it double, but it was good.flavor.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭themountainman

Modus Hoperandi, delish. I am instantly drawn to anything that is a silly play on the word hop as its name. Hoptical Illusion being another favourite.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,856 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

On that note, I've a Sierra Nevada Hoptimum put away for tonight!

Still looking forward to the next lot of Hopplehammer too.

• Advertisement

I've actually got one of those waiting at home, but I haven't tried it yet. Something to look forward to!

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Salmon Leap

Adnam's Ghost Ship pale ale available in Aldi for a limited time. Had this in England during the summer. Not bad at €1.99 / 500ml bottle.

I've actually got one of those waiting at home, but I haven't tried it yet. Something to look forward to!
    Should be drank as fresh as possible, you should go home immediately and drink it!

I should really start bringing them to work to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Green King - Strong Suffolk Vintage Ale.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/greene-king-strong-suffolk-olde-suffolk/881/

delicious .

been a while since a drink blew me away like this.

Green King - Strong Suffolk Vintage Ale.

http://www.ratebeer.com/beer/greene-king-strong-suffolk-olde-suffolk/881/

delicious .

been a while since a drink blew me away like this.

Never come across this before, did you get it in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 960 ✭✭✭cletus van damme

Yeah bought it in the Lord mayors in swords.
    Was kinda random buy as I went in with another in mind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Andre Salmon

I had a couple of bottles of white hag last night. An IPA & a wit.
    Both lovely. Still have an oktoberfest left.
    Hoping that the white ipa appears soon

Ended up having a few Vietnows from the tap in P.Mac’s, very good. Not so much the Brooklyn Lager on tap there though.

• Advertisement

Picked up the Brewdog Russian Doll series and a 750ml bottle of the Cockagee cider

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement