Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Campsites still open ?

• 21-10-2014 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone heading to irish campsites this weekend.
    Are many open ??

Were thinking of one last trip. Maybe get some walking in over the bank holiday weekend.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

I think Blarney, Glen of Aherlow, Battlebridge, Doolin would all be open still. I have already drained everything including the windscreen washer bottle so I will be staying out for the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,263 ✭✭✭Macy0161

_Brian wrote: »
    Anyone heading to irish campsites this weekend.
    Are many open ??

Were thinking of one last trip. Maybe get some walking in over the bank holiday weekend.
    Was in Wexford over the weekend (not in the van). Had a nose at the campsite - says its open all year. Opera festival starting this week, so availability may be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

We're planning a few nights in Belcoo, Fermanagh.. Get a bit of walking in and maybe Marble Arch Caves if water level isn't too high.. Only hour and a half away with Caravan..

We're planning a few nights in Belcoo, Fermanagh.. Get a bit of walking in and maybe Marble Arch Caves if water level isn't too high.. Only hour and a half away with Caravan..

Forgot that one. It's a lovely site.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,468 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

*Kol* wrote: »
    Forgot that one. It's a lovely site.

Haven't been before.. think it closes for the season after this weekend.

• Advertisement

Haven't been before.. think it closes for the season after this weekend.

Don't quote me but I think it may stay open with limited facilities for most of the winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭piuswal

*Kol* wrote: »
    Don't quote me but I think it may stay open with limited facilities for most of the winter.

I believe the Kilkenny City site, near the roundabout on the road to Bennetsbridge, I think, is open til the end of Oct and will accommodate people after that date if they just give the owner a phone call.

Advertisement