Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Generator,,,What size/power would do

Options
  • 15-05-2012 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭

Hi folks,,what size/power generator would be sufficent to run a campervan,,I understand it would depend on what you wanted to run of it,,

I wouldnt be planing to run a whole lot and it would only be used 2 times a year when i would be away from a hookup,,,the boss wants it to run a hairdryer of course...So basically what would be the best to buy that would be plenty good to run everything if needed,,ie tv,fridge,kettle,not at the same time obviously,,thanks in advance,,,,and it wouldnt neccessarly have to be a suitecase one as when its going to be used,its not going to bother anyone else,,thanks in advance,,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Refeek Maher

Hi,

You could count up the appliances in your camper-van to see what load you will be placing on the generator. You should be safe enough with a 3 to 4 generator.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Refeek Maher

Hi,

You could count up the appliances in your camper-van to see what load you will be placing on the generator. You should be safe enough with a 3 to 4 kVA generator.

Advertisement