Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaeltachts

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭KKBL

xclw wrote: »
    I would really recommend Coláiste Uisce in Mayo. www.uisce.ie
    This year Cúrsa E is going to be diansraith meaning it will be geared towards your exams and an intensive irish course. but the beauty if it is you still get to do all the water sports and have brilliant craic :)
    plus i'm going to be of the Ardchinnires there on cúrsa e :D they give everyone the opportunity to go back around halloween and train to be one :)
    I just did my irish oral before easter and i didn't have to study for it at all because when you are there you even start thinking in irish.
    on the downside it is a little expensive and its only 2 weeks but you do get good food and the accommodation is a lot better that other gaeltachts. And you get to do surfing, sailing, archery, windsurfing, kayaking, peer jumping everything there :D

I'm ardchinnire on Cúrsa C! where you there in October?

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

KKBL wrote: »
    I'm ardchinnire on Cúrsa C! where you there in October?

yep i sure was :D

• Registered Users Posts: 32 1direction

Hello, ino it's been awhile but I'm in 2nd year and lookin for some help. I want to go to a gaeltacht this summer but don't no which one. I would like it to be fairly strict but unreal crack. Not too much based around water sports. Another question is what it the gaeltacht like, is it fun, is the food nice, will I defo enjoy it :/

• Registered Users Posts: 33 stressedleaver

Colaiste chonnacht is amazing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Jessayy

1direction wrote: »
    Hello, ino it's been awhile but I'm in 2nd year and lookin for some help. I want to go to a gaeltacht this summer but don't no which one. I would like it to be fairly strict but unreal crack. Not too much based around water sports. Another question is what it the gaeltacht like, is it fun, is the food nice, will I defo enjoy it :/

Going to the Gaeltacht is a great experience in many ways. You learn loads, make friends and memories.
    Most of the well known colleges are well booked out by now (I didn't even get int Arainn Mhor and I gave my form in the week they came out). I do think Lurgan may still have places left as they have loads of courses ,so I'd give them a try. I haven't actually gone there, but apparently its great for the fun, and alright for irish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 1direction

Jessayy wrote: »
    Going to the Gaeltacht is a great experience in many ways. You learn loads, make friends and memories.
    Most of the well known colleges are well booked out by now (I didn't even get int Arainn Mhor and I gave my form in the week they came out). I do think Lurgan may still have places left as they have loads of courses ,so I'd give them a try. I haven't actually gone there, but apparently its great for the fun, and alright for irish.

Really, I only saw tht spleodar was booked :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Mr. Rager

Anyone know of some colleges that aren't booked? I'm doing my LC next year..want to go to Chamuis or Lurgan? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭xclw

the one thing i'd advise about Gaeltachts is you are nearly better to go on your own because if you are with friends you are more likely to talk english, it's often not how good of a gaeltacht you are in or how many grammar classes but the person themself choosing to speak irish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Mr. Maths

Spleodar go deo! Got me my A1 in the LC irish after a few years of going, in college now and working with them... the pay is fairly sound :D

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭mathstalk

It's probably been recommended already, but Coláiste Chamuis is definitely a great place to go. I haven't been anywhere else but from the reports I've received from my friends on other Gaeltachts, Chamuis really sounded a lot better. It's just like other regular places except far fewer speak Enlgish. During my first year there, I and the rest in my house only spoke English on one or two occasion (usually at 3A.M.). My other two siblings have also gone to Chamuis and they enjoyed it too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 crazyciaran

I sent all my kids to Coláiste Láichtín. I've visited there tonnes of times myself. It's all positive feedback from everybody in our house!

They learned a lot of Gaeilge and thoroughly enjoyed themselves! :):D:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,088 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

I sent all my kids to Coláiste Láichtín. I've visited there tonnes of times myself. It's all positive feedback from everybody in our house!

They learned a lot of Gaeilge and thoroughly enjoyed themselves! :):D:)

You're certainly enthusiastic about advertising it.
    Three posts in three threads? Out of a total of six posts?
    Anyone would think you were connected to it in some way.

Please don't post anymore about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 crazyciaran

Sorry, was just trying to help. I didn't realise I couldn't comment on a few conversations.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ella ni chuin

You should go to coláiste an phiarsaigh in Dún Lúiche wich is in Donegal. It is a really good gealtacht and you make new friends, I just came back on Sunday from that gealtacht and I am keeping in touch with my new friends that I made at it and we are all planing to go at the same time as each other because it is such a good gealtacht and you learn loads and do very good activites and the ceilis are the best you have loads of fun at them

Advertisement