Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

E-Cigarettes - The original thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭newmark

lisij wrote: »
    LLAAAAAADDDDSSSS!!!! thank you sooooo Fecking much for advising me this e-cigarette.. i've just got it from courier... im so SHOCKED how this thing tastes like a REAL cigarette, i would never believed it would be as same as a normal one... i used to smoke myself 7 years ago (quited) and i got exact same felling when i try this one, i even gotten a little DIZZY if you know what i mean, and i got that shaky legs felling like if you would smoke your first fag in the morning, that is so f amazing O_O and jesus did i i cough from my first inhale, o my god :) i think that is too strong for me 18mg, cant imagine what would happen if i inhaled 24mg O_O
    THANK YOU SOOOOO MUCH "Sir Digby Chicken Caesar" for advising it to me, i 90% sure my dad would love it and quit normal fags (and maybe some day quit smoking at all)
    now about the instructions/manual, ive kindly asked the thebestshop.eu could they include one, and they replied via email with all the instructions on the youtube, thanks to them, they also included the carrying case for FREE to put all the batteries in it
    once again thank you all for your help, im so pleased with this product, now hope me dad loves it, he better be :)

Let us know how your dad gets on hopefully he will take to it, fingers crossed and all that...

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭lisij

i was wondering, as i am looking for more tutorials on youtube, i ve seen that you can clean the cartomisers, is that true? can you clean them? or just trow out when you fill the burn taste and use a new instead?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Once you get a burnt taste you can't clean that out and they're pretty much fit for the bin. But often a carto will just start getting hard to draw on, or the vapour or flavour might just drop off. You can clean them at this point, and they won't be as good as new, but you can get some more time out of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭lisij

stevenmu wrote: »
    Once you get a burnt taste you can't clean that out and they're pretty much fit for the bin. But often a carto will just start getting hard to draw on, or the vapour or flavour might just drop off. You can clean them at this point, and they won't be as good as new, but you can get some more time out of them.
    oh i see, so basically i CAN clean it and re-use, until i fill the burnt taste, ok ill keep that in mind, thanks

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,712 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

To be honest, when using cartos...they are soooo cheap compared, spending hours cleaning them doesn't seem worth while, i get about 5-7 days out of a carto, then i just bin it and stick in a new one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭chacal

Just wanted to check back in and let all those that helped me out with advice - After a few slips I'm a week off smokes and loving vaping. ego-t is going well and am happy with the latest strawberry juice. Got over the hump of vaping in public and now there's no going back! Thanks all

Fair play to ya man! i love the whole "i'm 1day/week/month" vaping thing! :)

coming up to the 3 month mark myself! :)

keep it up dude, and happy vaping :)

Just got the wife to order a 510... smoke free family :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

chacal wrote: »
    Just got the wife to order a 510... smoke free family :)

The 510 is good for dripping actually. You can just put on a drip tip and vape. Gives nice flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭achieve

The 510 is good for dripping actually. You can just put on a drip tip and vape. Gives nice flavour.

+1

• Advertisement

Thanks.. Will give that a go

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Shazanne

chacal wrote: »
    Just wanted to check back in and let all those that helped me out with advice - After a few slips I'm a week off smokes and loving vaping. ego-t is going well and am happy with the latest strawberry juice. Got over the hump of vaping in public and now there's no going back! Thanks all

As a matter of interest, where are you vaping in public? I'm still a little shy about doing it in case someone confronts me! Has anyone commented to you about it?? Do you vape in restaurants etc?

Smoking area in a few places. Didn't bother indoor but no hassles and as many others have said on here, just ask what the policy is

• Registered Users Posts: 844 ✭✭✭wingnut32

Shazanne wrote: »
    As a matter of interest, where are you vaping in public? I'm still a little shy about doing it in case someone confronts me! Has anyone commented to you about it?? Do you vape in restaurants etc?

Shazanne, I vape everywhere! When I first started I loved when people commented on what the device was and how I found it and blah blah blah! The main thing is you are off a €9 a day habit that is unhealthy so hold your head up vape away and educate the masses!

Sorry for the rant:D

wingnut32 wrote: »
    Shazanne, I vape everywhere! When I first started I loved when people commented on what the device was and how I found it and blah blah blah! The main thing is you are off a €9 a day habit that is unhealthy so hold your head up vape away and educate the masses!

Sorry for the rant:D

€18+ for me....haha!

Was in the chemists yesterday and noticed they had intellicig and green smoke products behind the counter. I remarked on them and apparently they're proving very popular. Got the impression they are increasing in popularity too.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Tom123

Was in the chemists yesterday and noticed they had intellicig and green smoke products behind the counter. I remarked on them and apparently they're proving very popular. Got the impression they are increasing in popularity too.

When I first started I used to buy Jasper & Jasper products in chemists but thought that chemists have been forced to stop selling them.

Tom123 wrote: »

When I first started I used to buy Jasper & Jasper products in chemists but thought that chemists have been forced to stop selling them.

I heard that too but they're stocking them now anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

I think the chains like Boots and that have stoped stocking them as a complaint to the medical council objected to them being displayed with approved NRT products. Independent retailers ignored this and just moved the ecigs onto the front counter.
    Big chains may have received pressure from the NRT manufactures to stop putting the competition on display.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,128 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Thinking of going back to mine.

Was of smokes for about 3 months while using the Intellicig. Picked a starter pack in the chmests for about €20. While I know it wasn't considered the best around, it was doing the job for me.

After the old job banned them in the office, found myself back on the smokes. I'm hitting close to 20 a day again and want to kick it.

So I'm going to drop down to a chemist later and grab a fresh batch of carts, charge her up and get back on it for a while, see how I go.

Might also invest in something a bit fancier, was always pussy footing around considering the prices, but I found they worked.

Ironic that I'm fast typing the end of this, to leave my desk for a smoke ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

TheDoc wrote: »
    Thinking of going back to mine.

Was of smokes for about 3 months while using the Intellicig. Picked a starter pack in the chmests for about €20. While I know it wasn't considered the best around, it was doing the job for me.

After the old job banned them in the office, found myself back on the smokes. I'm hitting close to 20 a day again and want to kick it.

So I'm going to drop down to a chemist later and grab a fresh batch of carts, charge her up and get back on it for a while, see how I go.

Might also invest in something a bit fancier, was always pussy footing around considering the prices, but I found they worked.

Ironic that I'm fast typing the end of this, to leave my desk for a smoke ;)
    Did they give any reason for banning them?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭maxflinn

Guys, i need to get my hands on some E cigarettes today, can anyone tell me where i can physically go and buy them? I've been using the "Green Tobacco" ones for the past few months, which i've been getting from Mulligans chemist here in Waterford, but they're out of stock now until next week. I need to be able to get into my car and go get em, i don't care how far i have to drive, i just don't want to start bloody smoking again. Thanks...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://e-smokeireland.eu/
    have a collection option

i'd reccomend this kit
    http://e-smokeireland.eu/epages/950002218.sf/en_IE/?ObjectPath=/Shops/950002218/Products/DCCXLKIT

be a bit bigger than the cigarette sized ones you've used before, but the batteries will last a day or two before needing charging and the performance of the dual coil cartomisers will be better than what you weree using already

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/riva-boge-cartomizer-ecigarette-starter-p-136.html

i dont know if they have a collection option, but you could always ring and ask them.. pretty sure they're based in dublin
    the boge cartomiser kit is similar to the dual coil one I linked above (get the Lr 2.0-2.4ohm cartomisers). It will have a slightly cooler vape and slightly cleaner flavour as a result.

basically dual coil is a tiny bit rougher/warmer vape, more cigarette like in how it feels. the boge 2ohms wouldnt be quite as rough/warm so you'll get a little more flavour in your vape. They're both kinda so similar you probably wont notice much of a difference anyway, but there is a difference there.

im assuming you are based in dublin?

oh, and I should say

while those kits are likely more expensive than the ones youve been using until now.
    you can buy replacement cartomisers for about 1.60-2 euro each, and a cartomiser should last you the guts of a week before you need to replace it. It's an investment now but over time you'll end up saving money and like I said above, better performance than the ones you've been using.

--edit
    actually if you're near galway, thebestshop.eu have a collection option too iirc

---edit
    oh, and youll need a bottle of juice with those kits too.. but it's 4 euro for 10ml generally, cheap enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Do http://www.ezsmoke.ie/ supply the Jasper & Jasper indivual ones to shops in Ireland? When I was stuck the other day I got one in my local garage. Not as nice as my ego but did the job til I got myself sorted.

If they do it would be worth giving them a ring to see if any shops or garages near you stock them

oh i forgot about the londis stuff

http://ecirettesolutions.com/stores.php
    some londis have ecigs

http://www.mjstrading.ie/where-to-buy.html

some more shops here for another brand

i general though I'd definitely reccomend you pick up one of the starter kits i linked above. if you're going to be vaping for a while, it's best to spend that bit extra on a good kit now that will last you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,784 ✭✭✭froog

i tried the ecirette ones there a few weeks ago, i have to say it was a frustrating experience. the pull was either too strong or too weak, no consistency with it.

froog wrote: »
    i tried the ecirette ones there a few weeks ago, i have to say it was a frustrating experience. the pull was either too strong or too weak, no consistency with it.

It can be trying at first but if someone is determined to get off of cigarettes to get away from the 3000+ chemicals that come with them and have failed to give up with other methods ecigarettes can be the answer albeit with a bit of trial and error.

Generally there is a large choice of e-cigarettes on the market now and the performance of some brands can be inconsistent, like you said the pull was either too strong or too weak and frustrating.

However as a former 40 a day smoker myself I can vouch there are systems available that work very well. In my own experience I feel after only 3 months or so that e-cigarettes have given me a new lease of life because I was surely heading for an early grave the other way. I feel 100 times healthier using ecigs, can feel the benefits and its a lot cheaper on the pocket as well. (Kind of anyway if I stop buying ecig gadgetry stuff :) )

It would be interesting to know what system you tried and if you want any advice on what to maybe try going forward that may suit you better I will do my best to help.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭maxflinn

Thanks a million guys, i'm in Waterford but will drive to Dublin if i have to. I'll check out those links now, thanks again...

http://e-cigshop.eu/Electronic-Cigarette-Starter-Kits/eGo-C-Strater-Kit

this is an atomiser tank style device.
    im more of a cartomiser man as I found the atomiser tanks had the potential to get a bit leaky but some people swear by them, and the ego-c in particular

there's a phone number on that site and it's based in shannon so maybe he could do a collection option if you ring him? dont think he offers it but maybe special circumstances or something
    *shrug*

i dont actually know a damn thing about irish geography, but im pretty sure both waterford and clare are south of carlow so stands to reason they'd probably be near enough each other...

--edit

just checked google maps.. apparently clare is not south of carlow

mind blown.

• Advertisement

http://e-cigshop.eu/Electronic-Cigarette-Starter-Kits/eGo-C-Strater-Kit

this is an atomiser tank style device.
    im more of a cartomiser man as I found the atomiser tanks had the potential to get a bit leaky but some people swear by them, and the ego-c in particular

there's a phone number on that site and it's based in shannon so maybe he could do a collection option if you ring him? dont think he offers it but maybe special circumstances or something
    *shrug*

i dont actually know a damn thing about irish geography, but im pretty sure both waterford and clare are south of carlow so stands to reason they'd probably be near enough each other...

Easier to get to Dublin I'd say as its a motorway all the way. The Waterford to Limerick/Shannon road isn't the best in parts and I think there's still major roadworks going on at the Ballysimon junction in Limerick just before the motorway to Shannon.

Advertisement