Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Need some help with a translation from English to Irish

Options
  • 26-11-2014 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone could help out with an Irish translation for this message?

"With sincere thanks for your support and the great cooperation during the last 6 years. Looking forward to seeing you in 2015/16."

Thanks!! :)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

to one person:

Buíochas ó chroí leat as do thacaíocht agus as do chabhair mhór le 6 bliana anuas. Ag tnúth go mór le tú a fheiceáil arís i 2015/2016

to more than one person:

Buíochas ó chroí libh as bhur dtacaíocht agus as bhur gcabhair mhór le 6 bliana anuas. Ag tnúth go mór le sibh a fheiceáil arís i 2015/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Poll Dubh wrote: »
    to one person:

Buíochas ó chroí leat as do thacaíocht agus do chabhair mhór le 6 bliana anuas. Ag tnúth go mór le tú a fheiceáil arís i 2015/2016

to more than one person:

Buíochas ó chroí libh as bhur dtacaíocht agus bhur gcabhair mhór le 6 bliana anuas. Ag tnúth go mór le sibh a fheiceáil arís i 2015/2016
    Repaeting the "as" is nicer Irish, and also "le + tú" = leat. (I can see why you would make this mistake though, given the context).

Buíochas ó chroí leat as do thacaíocht agus as do chabhair mhór le 6 bliana anuas. Ag tnúth go mór leat a fheiceáil arís i 2015/2016

Buíochas ó chroí libh as bhur dtacaíocht agus as bhur gcabhair mhór le 6 bliana anuas. Ag tnúth go mór libh a fheiceáil arís i 2015/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭Poll Dubh

I take your point on the 'as' but I disagree on the second point. 'tú' is being qualified by 'a fheiceáil' and it's more natural not to contract the 'le' and the 'tú'. SBB below hasn't contracted it.

SBB

Advertisement