Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Prime: Beast Hunters at retail.

• 28-05-2013 8:19pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I dunno, maybe nobody gives a rats ass, but DX Wave 1 and maybe Wave 2 are due at Toymaster and Smyths branches during this week, with Voyager Wave 1, and bunch of Cyverberse toys the details of which i can't remember right now.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Jayd0g

The Ultimate Predaking looks pretty cool, but I generally don't collect Prime.

Now if there was some more Generations figures I'd be delighted.......

No chance though.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I think DCC is our best bet for Generations. Unless some of them piggy back into the main line as was done with the 'Reveal the shield' movie spinoff.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 1,797 Mod ✭✭✭✭ChopShop

Hasbro UK are sending all Generations toys to TRU UK for the forseeable.

There's an apparent 'relaunch' in July-August.

TRU UK website ships here, and apparently it all works quite well once you can find items in stock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,576 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Whatever about the toys, the series has been excellent for the last 3 seasons.

Will miss it, but I read something about an "updated" G1 being on the horizon instead? Any word on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Kaiser2000 wrote: »
    Will miss it, but I read something about an "updated" G1 being on the horizon instead? Any word on this?

Sounds like my dream, but if it didn't happen with the Classics line already I can't see it happening.

Maybe some kind of conversion of the IDW comic continuity? Although making a toy line specifically for it might be problematic...

• Registered Users Posts: 31 GerHankey

Galvasean wrote: »
    Sounds like my dream, but if it didn't happen with the Classics line already I can't see it happening.

Maybe some kind of conversion of the IDW comic continuity? Although making a toy line specifically for it might be problematic...

I dunno, it seems that the toy lines and comic designs have been getting closer & closer of late. A lot of of the RID comic characters are based on their War for Cybertron/Fall of Cybertron toy models, and the new Springer is practically lifted from the pages of Last Stand of the Wreckers. And there's also the upcoming toy/comic packs too.
    That said, Hasbro are pushing this "aligned continuity" business a bit too, of which TF Prime, the video games and the movies are supposed to be all on the same timeline, so I don't know how that would pan out with a new cartoon series.

GerHankey wrote: »
    That said, Hasbro are pushing this "aligned continuity" business a bit too, of which TF Prime, the video games and the movies are supposed to be all on the same timeline, so I don't know how that would pan out with a new cartoon series.

..Yeah, the Aligned Continuity is untouchable until profit projections suggest otherwise, just like the Hall of Fame is decided by fans until Hasbro decide otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,576 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Prime ended last night. Excellent finalé I thought.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,988 ✭✭✭constitutionus

TBH every time i go into retail here in ireland its like were the bastard child of markets.

ya see all the generations goodness ya can get online, like fall of cybertron grimlock for instance, yet NOWT on the irish toy shelves.

this week was the first time in years i bought anything at smyths. they finally got some new stock in (the aformetioned beast hunters stuff0

i dont know WTF is going on but they have the ultimate predaking (which is lovely and chunky. i'dve LOVED that as a kid as its awesome looking) and optimus prime with the five launching misiles action.

the prime is going for 29.99.

what i got though was three thirds of abominus as i picked up sinnertwin, hun-gurr, and cutthroat (yes i know some of them have new names but feck em, i like the originals :) )

im hoping for once i might be able to actually pick up rippersnapper and blot without having to go online too.

theres a fair decent collection of other beasts too . skystaker,lazerback, ripclaw .

Rippersnapper and Blight are scarce everywhere. They barely scraped retail in the US.

Hun-Gurrr is something of a rarity too, but the case assortments for Europe got shuffled around a bit, which is why it's comparatively easy to get here.

Generations, exclusive to TRU UK for the forseeable.

just a little addendum there seems to be a quality issue with hun-gurr.

the one i got had a blemish on the dragon heads from where i presume its snapped off the assembly line . i brought it back and got it changed but of the three that were on the shelf only one was unmarked (which i swapped it for)

the rest had the same issue to varying degrees.

just an update lads.

was rooting around smyths in tallaght and they got in rippersnappers and blights.

as mentioned theyrs not alot of em but hey least we can get em now. picked both up so no i can form my abominus.

:D

Advertisement