Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Viber

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Viber wrote: »
    Hi,

Some mobile operators across the world block Viber on their 3G network. Usually this happens when users have a "simple" data plan (or a prepaid contract), meaning they didn't pay extra for using VoIP on their 3G network.

In order to verify this, we recommend to:
    1. Test Viber on a few different WiFi networks, and see that it works fine.
    2. Contact your cell company and confirm this with them.

Works on a wifi i'm on now, will check with mobile op if can't get it going. Thanks for support.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Viber has 2 ways of authenticating your number:
    - Send you an SMS with the code
    - If this fails, you receive an automatic call (from one of our servers across the world) that reads you the code.

So this was probably the second mechanism at work :)

figured it was something like this but even though she didn't answer (cancelled the call iirc) it still worked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

@JoeyJJ -
    Our pleasure to help! :)

@danniemcq -
    Well, there's always that chance that this was not Viber-related at all, and it was a complete coincidence ;)
    You can rest assured though that we (Viber) do not share our users' numbers or information in a way that could jeopardize your privacy. If this issue repeats, please let us know and we'll certainly look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

@JoeyJJ -
    Our pleasure to help! :)

@danniemcq -
    Well, there's always that chance that this was not Viber-related at all, and it was a complete coincidence ;)
    You can rest assured though that we (Viber) do not share our users' numbers or information in a way that could jeopardize your privacy. If this issue repeats, please let us know and we'll certainly look into it.

oh no i had a feeling it was you guys just didn't know yous rang. everything worked fine and the call happened just as she hit confirm or something so all is good. Thanks for the replies though

• Registered Users Posts: 20 joemcd1

Hi Viber,

On my HTC One the 'end call' button doesn't seem to work. I either have to open up the multitask window and close the app or else wait for the other party to hang up. Have you received any similar reports?

• Advertisement

joemcd1 wrote: »
    Hi Viber,

On my HTC One the 'end call' button doesn't seem to work. I either have to open up the multitask window and close the app or else wait for the other party to hang up. Have you received any similar reports?

Hmm... interesting.
    No, we haven't encountered this issue from users previously.

We kindly ask that you take a minute and report the details of the problem to our support team using this direct link: http://bit.ly/ukGVJ0 (when you submit the ticket, please make sure to add the URL of our conversation). With this information, our development team will hopefully be able to find the source of the problem, and ultimately resolve it.

Thanks in advance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 joemcd1

Thanks very much. I just filed it there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Any word on fixing stickers in the Xperia z. It's still the case that the majority don't work and just show loading

irishchris wrote: »
    Any word on fixing stickers in the Xperia z. It's still the case that the majority don't work and just show loading

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭irishchris

Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to make your device fully compatible soon. When we have news, we'll let you know.

ThaTs good to hear but surely you will be working on supporting the popular high end phones such as the htc one Sony xperia Z and s4 etc as priority due to the masses using these or you will risk falling by the waste side with the ever increasing competition for messaging apps

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭reilly110

hi i am getting using a galaxy s3

when i receive messages i get them on the double -1 in my viber inbox and same one in my regular text message inbox

how can i fix it

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Any chance you guys will be adding Lenovo phones to your list?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,200 ✭✭✭ongarite

Worth disabling the Viber message message pop-up until a fix has been released for this security risk:
    http://arstechnica.com/security/2013/04/crital-app-flaw-bypasses-screen-lock-on-up-to-100-million-android-phones/

Hi,

We are excited and proud to announce that we have just released a brand new product: Viber Desktop, as well as a major new update to our mobile application: Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android.

- What is Viber Desktop?

Viber for Windows/Mac lets you send free messages and make free calls to other Viber users, on any device and network, in any country!
    Viber syncs your contacts, messages and call history with your mobile device, so you can start the conversation on the Viber mobile application and continue from the comfort of your PC.

In Viber Desktop you can find HD-quality voice calls, video calls, text and photo messaging, group conversations, and many more!
    You can check out the cool tutorial for Viber Desktop here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEqS5W-KfRw
    Download Viber, enter your phone number, and start connecting with your friends for free, from your computer!

- What's new in Viber 3.0 for iOS and Android?

Video messages, Online status and "Last online" feature, new package of fun stickers, improved user interface as well as enhanced photo experience, and much more.
    Note that Viber is now designed according to Google's guidelines for android apps based on the HOLO theme (Android only).

As usual, we're here to receive your feedback and thoughts, and we'd be more than happy to assist you with any matter.

Best regards,
    the Viber Team.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Now this is all kinds of delicious

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I guess this isn't ready yet for tablets like the nexus 7 ? .

Seems a pity really if you can get a desktop version .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

jonski wrote: »
    I guess this isn't ready yet for tablets like the nexus 7 ? .

Seems a pity really if you can get a desktop version .

I use viber on my tablet with no issue. Just used my landline number for confirmation number from viber, got the apk from their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Can we use the same number on 2 devices now?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Can we use the same number on 2 devices now?

You can use it on 1 mobile device like a tablet or phone and you can use it on 1 desktop but you can't have it on 2 different mobile devices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Just wanna point out Viber works perfect on my lenovo A820

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

I use viber on my tablet with no issue. Just used my landline number for confirmation number from viber, got the apk from their website.

That is genius! Very handy for getting your parents to use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭toby2111

On my galaxy s3 when I receive messages I get them twice -1 in my viber inbox and same one in my regular text message inbox.I see previous posters have complained about this.Is there a fix for it??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,332 ✭✭✭henke

Hi

Has anyone experienced an issue where some of your contacts whom you know to be on Viber but do not appear/ not recognized as Viber contacts on your device and know if there is a solution. I'm on Android and the Vodafone network.

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Nolimits

I currently have an issue whereby two of my contacts (with completely different numbers) seem to be linked.

When I go to send a message to person A, it also highlights person B, though when I get into where I'm typing the message I can only see person B.

It appears to be just these two contacts.

Any tips to improve sound quality?
    I am having poor reception, tinny sound and a delay when I make a call.
    Even with strong wifi connection.

@henke and @Nolimits -

The source of this issue could greatly vary. Please read this short page in our HelpDesk, outlining some possible workarounds that will help reboot synchronization of the contact list: http://helpme.viber.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/67/13/android-contact-list-is-not-showing-your-friends-as-viber-users

* Note that our HelpDesk may be down in the next several hours. We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

@Moonbaby -

First, make sure that both sides are using a high-speed WiFi network.
    Also, please make sure that both devices are officially compatible with Viber.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭King Krib

Nolimits wrote: »
    I currently have an issue whereby two of my contacts (with completely different numbers) seem to be linked.

When I go to send a message to person A, it also highlights person B, though when I get into where I'm typing the message I can only see person B.

It appears to be just these two contacts.

You may have sent both contacts a text at the same time. Viber recognises this as a group chat of sorts and will continue to send text to all in the group... Just delete the group texts and it'll be problem solved..

@toby2111 -

This is an option of Viber, and can be disabled. Please go to Viber --> More tab --> Settings --> and there, disable "Free reply with Viber".

@Nolimits -

Has the problem been solved for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,552 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Viber, what do you guys think of this...

http://ios7redesigns.tumblr.com/

PR2I3zq.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

Hi, I would just love to have this....

but there seems to be a problem with the download/install process.

Just how long should this take, I tried last night, and abandoned, as I was getting this constant animation showing "Downloading installation files"...pic below:

viber%20download.jpg

I deleted the setup.exe files from last night, and started a fresh install tonight again....same result......

looking at that popup telling me it's downloading installation files, for at least half an hour, last night I left it for much longer, but nada.....

I ran the setup file as Admin on my Laptop, Windows 7 64-bit, Home Premium, SP1 Installed.

This is the setup file info pic, is it OK....also showing that downloading animation...is it d/l'ing anything, where can I check??

vibersetup.jpg

Is there a known problem with the download....I never had a problem with downloaded installation like this before.

Even as i write this, it's still showing that animation, with the progress bar getting to max every minute or so, and starting again, getting to max, and starting again, over, and over, and over...

just how big is this installation??

Advertisement