Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Mesa/Boogie in Ireland

Options
  • 08-01-2005 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭

Hey y'all!

I found out recently off a former Mesa employee that there is a retailer in Ireland.Does anyone know where it is?

Cheers

Mike

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Musician Inc I think (is that the name)???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

That's the name alright, on Drury Street.

http://www.musicianinc.ie/frame_for_pages.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭Mongo

Great stuff lads now to start saving the pennies!

You'll want to save more than pennies ;)

What have you got your eye on?

A venture 2x10 bass combo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Don't want to start a new thread for a small question, so would anyone know if there'd be any difference in the short and medium versions of a Mark IV Head? I'm just curious if there'd be anything skimped on to fit it into smaller housing, or is it just aesthetics, to match the size of whatever cab you'd be using it through?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Shoot off an email to Mesa tbh. Their customer support is supposed to be absolutely fantastic.

Mongo wrote:
    A venture 2x10 bass combo!

Dunno if a 2x10 would have enough meat, long term you might need a 1x15 to bring out the low end. Pricey.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Nope theres no difference in them at all that I'm aware of. They do the same thing with there Lone Star amp aswell its available as a long head and small head. The mark IV is sweet amp :) I love me Dual Recitifier to bits. The lone star is an excellent amp too.
    Don't want to start a new thread for a small question, so would anyone know if there'd be any difference in the short and medium versions of a Mark IV Head? I'm just curious if there'd be anything skimped on to fit it into smaller housing, or is it just aesthetics, to match the size of whatever cab you'd be using it through?

dabhoys wrote:
    Nope theres no difference in them at all that I'm aware of. They do the same thing with there Lone Star amp aswell its available as a long head and small head. The mark IV is sweet amp :) I love me Dual Recitifier to bits. The lone star is an excellent amp too.

Aye, that's great to hear! The Mark IV is certainly sweet, probably the best amp I've ever heard.

Tell me, you got your rectumfrier from the statses, didn't you?
    Was there much problems getting it converted to the european voltage or whatever needed to be done?

• Advertisement

Doctor J wrote:
    Dunno if a 2x10 would have enough meat, long term you might need a 1x15 to bring out the low end. Pricey.
    I'm sure it would suffice.1x15 may be to boomy.2x10 would be punchy enough

Get in touch with Westside Distribution to see if they still supply the Transformers for the Mark iv. Your going to need the replace the transformer and a few other bits. Unless the transformer is multi tap on the primary side. Your best bet is to know for sure what amp your getting then get in contact with mesa. There tech support is amazing. Even if you leave a message they call back. Be warned it can cost an additional 300 yoyo's to convert the amp to work here. The tranformers aren't cheep. Around 150-200 euro and the labour to do it will be about 100. Still works out cheeper but make sure you do your homework about the whole thing. Don't jump in and assume things. Get the research done first. It could be a costly mistake. Valve amps are great sounding but there old technology and it doesn't take much to **** them up beyond repair. So get in touch with an amp technician too to be sure they'll do the work for you....
    Aye, that's great to hear! The Mark IV is certainly sweet, probably the best amp I've ever heard.

Tell me, you got your rectumfrier from the statses, didn't you?
    Was there much problems getting it converted to the european voltage or whatever needed to be done?

No, it's the Nomad I'm getting from the states, dabhoys... I'll be getting the Mark IV from Germany more than likely, so there'll be no pokery there. Thanks, I'll definetly get it done by a proffesional though.

Be careful European voltage is different then Uk voltage. I found it out in my research into buying a Diezel head from Germany. They guy who builds them told me our mains voltage is different. But again all depends on the transformer in the head...

To be honest, at this stage I think I'm just gonna get a step down converter. Seems to much hassle altogether to get the transformer changed.

Just make sure the step down transformer can handle the current of the amp. Like I said earlier valve amps are easily ****ed up if your unsure whats going on inside them. There insanely complex beasts...

'Tis a tube amp surely, but you're perfectly right, I'm going to procede with extreme caution and make sure the converter/transformer will be able to handle it. I did rule it out before as the Nomad Head I was looking at was 100watts and as such would be as much trouble to get a decent converter as it would be to replace the amp's transformer, but seeing as it's the 45watt combo I went for in the end, it shouldn't be as much a problem.

Advertisement