Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone want a Les Paul Custom used by Crowbar?

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Jesus, he's a big bastard!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Heh. The man has been 'bought' by ESP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

He is the physical equivalent of his music :D

They showed a Crowbar video on Beavis and Butthead back in the day... with hilarious consequences :p

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

****, ESP can buy me any day as long as the buy me with guitars...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭dabhoys

Hmm thats a sweet LP Custom. There such a lovely guitar :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭goin'_to_the_PS

i'm not sure i like the gold pickup and bridge but still, holding a piece of history in your hands

Ay caramba $2500! :eek:

To be honest, I couldn't care less who owned or played it, once it was a good guitar but I'd go for a non celeb 2nd hand one and save $1000 over any celeb owned instrument any day

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

what if it was mine? would you pay the money then?

Gladly, but John, you are special. I've seen your certification :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Shank

yeah The LP custom is sweet, I picked up a 2nd hand one bout 10 years ago, the guy who sold it to me said it was owned by some guy in a dublin thrash band( can't remember the name now) who supported Anthrax in Belfast lol. So there you go, Scott Ian may have maybe possibly seen this lp or not :).

• Advertisement

Might have been Predator while they were going through their GnR phase, they supported Anthrax in the Top Hat in 89.

could be, name kinda rings a bell

They were very Maiden-ish in 88, GnR-ish in 89 and last time I saw them were very Motorhead-ish indeed. Still, could be relied on for a good night out.

IIRC I think they supported Sepultura in the Top Hat too, very out of place, though my memory of that evening is purely of Sepultura :D

was the guitarist any good?

They went through guitarists like a fat kid goes through cake, seemingly. I never saw them with the same guitarist/s. I remember one time I was recording in Sun and one of them asked me if I'd like to audition, despite the fact I was carrying a bass :p

If it was the guitarist who played during their GnR phase, he was ok, but trying too hard to be Slash. I think he was even wearing a stupid hat.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭istep

lol nice..... It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,975 ✭✭✭Oeneus

Heh, seems he sells baby clothes, too! :P

Fat baby clothes? ;)

hmm why do people (istep) leave themselves logged on , i posted from a diff machine without checkin :)

Advertisement