Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fastest Goal Ever end of.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

nah no way that was staged looks legit to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

What was the goalie doing then

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Hootanany wrote: »
    What was the goalie doing then

He wasn't doing his job thats for sure.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,202 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

It was a great hit by the player, just under the crossbar, obviously the keeper should have saved it though. Hardly expecting it though :p

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 7,985 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

I play in goal and that's why I always stand on my line when the other team kicks off!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,941 ✭✭✭thebigbiffo

looks legit to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭Access

10446305.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Are you allowed have a third man in the centre circle?
    I'm not sure of the rules

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,408 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

mikemac wrote: »
    Are you allowed have a third man in the centre circle?
    I'm not sure of the rules

Yeah, I've seen it done before. Usually you only see it when the third player decides to try something cheeky like that though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭4Sheets

legit..how could you possibly fake that shot..unless the whole video is a photoshop

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

4Sheets wrote: »
    legit..how could you possibly fake that shot..unless the whole video is a photoshop

Man these days unless ya see something live with your 2 eyes there is no 100% chance its real.Rewind years ago and a picture of it was solid proof.If its real its awful keeping.For me seeing the 3rd guy standing there I'd know he was gonna do something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭mehfesto

Probably not the quickest - I remember this exact thing happened at the Milk Cup up in Northern Ireland years ago. There was only two touches too - no tee up. Keeper was off his line too.

Actually, a quick browse on YouTube shows LOADS of similar type goals.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,000 ✭✭✭Wossack

4Sheets wrote: »

fake the shot by just doing the same thing over and over again till you get the result you want, then saying it was the first time

see it all the time on the 'best basketball shot ever!' - could of been the 140th take, but that one time it did go in? thats the only one you see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Lab_Mouse

looks real enough.plus it looks like a very low tier league game so its not exactly as if its peter cech in goal

Advertisement