Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

what the wire actors did next...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭TarfHead

David 'Baltimore Sun managing editor Thomas Klebanow' Costabile in the most recent episode (S06E13 The Banker) of the Office (US).

Following in the footsteps of Amy Ryan and Idris Elba.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

Herc makes an appearance in the new series of 24 (think it's episode 3) as a New York cop. Still doing things the Western District way!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Saw Stringer Bell mincing about in an army uniform in "28 Weeks Later" on RTE last night...kept wondering if he'd just come from his Economics 101 class.

Has Omar been in many other shows/movies? I think he popped up in S.W.A.T and had a brief scene with Colin Farrell but haven't seen him in anything else.

Would love to see Bunk, Avon and Slim Charles getting more work

• Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Saw Chris Partlow in the the new mel gibson movie edge of darknes last nite.

was an ok movie too!!

Also Omar (michael k Williams) was in the movie The Road. near the end of the movie

Loveless wrote: »
    Frank Sobotka also plays a cop in the series "True Blood".

anyone spot the cameo by Richard Belzer (Sgt. John Munch from Homicide).. he's sitting at the bar in one the early episodes of Season 5, arguing with the bartender over his tab.

Yeah I noticed that. If you watch Law and Order you will know that his character Munch started out his law career in Baltimore. Well spotted bro

frAg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,478 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I only started watching OZ after the Wire but still had one of those moments "Oh shiz, its Bodie!!!!"

Since the topic is "what the actors did next" anyone here of McNultys wedding in county Limerick??? I would love to crash that and get some autographs!!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,219 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Saw Stringer Bell mincing about in an army uniform in "28 Weeks Later" on RTE last night...kept wondering if he'd just come from his Economics 101 class.

Has Omar been in many other shows/movies? I think he popped up in S.W.A.T and had a brief scene with Colin Farrell but haven't seen him in anything else.

Would love to see Bunk, Avon and Slim Charles getting more work

Omar was also in a great movie called 'Gone Baby Gone'. Small role in it where he plays a cop, but good film nonetheless. Also stars Amy Ryan (Beadie) in a bigger part and she is brilliant in it. Won awards and stuff I think

• Registered Users Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

I don't know if this has been posted already but Domenic West was the chairman on "Have I got news for you" last night on BBC2. Probably a repeat.
    It was a bit disturbing to hear his posh Brit accent coming out of McNutty's mouth. ;) Also he had on a pair of specs that... well it has to be said...made him look nuts :rolleyes:

Just a small continuation on the Det John Munch thingy but as well as that being his character in Homicide, life on the streets it was also his character in Law and order (obviously) but also when he appeared in the Xfiles(1997), arrested development(2006) and believe it or not.........Sesame street.

To keep it on topic Idris Elba (stringer bell ) is in the new movie, The Losers

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭silver_surfer

frag420 wrote: »
    Saw Chris Partlow in the the new mel gibson movie edge of darknes last nite.

He was in the remake of 'The Taking of Pelham 1,2,3' as well.

• Advertisement

Jamie (Marlo) Hector in Mercy (US) last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Omar was also in a great movie called 'Gone Baby Gone'. Small role in it where he plays a cop, but good film nonetheless. Also stars Amy Ryan (Beadie) in a bigger part and she is brilliant in it. Won awards and stuff I think

Omar features in Todd Solondz's pseudo-sequel to "Happiness" called "Life During Wartime"

both movies are worth watching and are harder hitting ( they are challenging to watch ) than the wire.

Put it this way I wouldn't be recommending them on the Glee board..

Seth (Carver) Gilliam in Nurse Jackie [US] season 2.

Only a couple of lines - probably killed an afternoon for him ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Jimmy Jazz

Michael K. Williams (Omar) has a bizarre cameo in the Road where he robs and is then in turn robbed and stripped naked at gun point. Heavy is the head that wears the crown.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

Stringer is starring in a six-part detective series, starts tommorrow 9pm on bbc.

not expecting anything like the WIRE but should be decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭browne_rob5

It actually on at 22.55 on bbc1 Norhtern Ireland.

The Guardian gave the first episode a pretty good review.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2010/apr/26/luther-idris-elba-bbc1

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Several of the actors from The Wire are in HBO's new series Treme (pronounced Tre-may), set in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

So far I've spotted the actors who play Bunk (yay!!) and Freamon, and a couple of the female actors were also in The Wire, but I can't pinpoint their character names.

It's also produced & written by David Simon. I've only watched the first episode, but it looks good, so am going to keep watching.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

TrueDub wrote: »
    Several of the actors from The Wire are in HBO's new series Treme (pronounced Tre-may), set in New Orleans in the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina.

So far I've spotted the actors who play Bunk (yay!!) and Freamon, and a couple of the female actors were also in The Wire, but I can't pinpoint their character names.

It's also produced & written by David Simon. I've only watched the first episode, but it looks good, so am going to keep watching.

Glad someone mentioned this :)

I've seen the first ep, and my 'cousins in America' sent me the 2nd, 3rd and 4th episode. Wendell Pierce is great in it. Love those taxi rides ;)

So strange to see Clarke Peters without his moustache... Anyway, will certainly keep watching. Oh, and John Goodman was great in the first episode, although I don't think he'll be a regular cast member.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

It actually on at 22.55 on bbc1 Norhtern Ireland.

The Guardian gave the first episode a pretty good review.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/tv-and-radio/tvandradioblog/2010/apr/26/luther-idris-elba-bbc1

thanks for the correction, was looking at the uk bbc.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭stephenmario

sheehy83 wrote: »
    I only started watching OZ after the Wire but still had one of those moments "Oh shiz, its Bodie!!!!"

Since the topic is "what the actors did next" anyone here of McNultys wedding in county Limerick??? I would love to crash that and get some autographs!!

Thats on in glin on the kerry limerick boarder. Reception is on in a pub there. Would imagin Micheal Fassbender would be there too since they've done a good few things together and he originally lived in Killarney about a 40 min drive away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭fullback4glin

Thats on in glin on the kerry limerick boarder. Reception is on in a pub there. Would imagin Micheal Fassbender would be there too since they've done a good few things together and he originally lived in Killarney about a 40 min drive away.

Cool I must check that out, I wouldn't be too far away from that, living in the Moyross area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Slim Charles showed up at the end of the 2nd episode of Treme. Was hoping Cheese would magically appear
    so Slim could blow his head off again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

TrueDub wrote: »

Yeh thats sounds good, is it being shown on tv over here or you have to watch it on the net?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,638 Mod ✭✭✭✭TrueDub

Yeh thats sounds good, is it being shown on tv over here or you have to watch it on the net?

In the US - my cousins over there send it to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

Nick Sobotka
    just got run over on an episode of
    Medium.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,160 ✭✭✭✭noodler

I searched the forum first but I saw no mention of Marlo's right hand man being in Fringe.

(Not the girl the other guy). He was an off the grid techie retrieving info from a Hard Drive - a role change alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,065 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I watched Date Night with Tina Fey and Steve Carrell and Prop Joe had a small line in it near the end he is a bouncer at a strip club. I only realised it was him when I heard the Baltimore accent shine through.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,961 ✭✭✭✭event

Michael Williams (Omar) is in Brooklyns Finest, new film coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭elnino35

has potential...but a bit hammy at times

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭Sl!mCharles

this may have been previously mentioned but Major Bunny Colvin made an appearance in Prison Break season 3 in that Panaman prison, Soma or something!
    he sported quite the beard:pac:

Advertisement