Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching Courses

• 20-08-2014 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

If I start a level 7 course in Carlow IT and if I don't like the course could I switch the courses to a different one even though it's a level 8?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 10,167 Mod ✭✭✭✭artanevilla

As long as you have the points and there's a space in the course, I'd imagine it's possible.

However if you don't have the points I don't think you would be able, as it would essentially defeat the whole purpose of the Leaving Cert.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

You can, although as my fellow mod states: "As long as you have the points and there's a space in the course, I'd imagine it's possible." As far as I know, you have two to three weeks to decide if you want to change courses. In this time though, you may miss out on some material that is crucial so beware of this (it does however help to have a friend who can give you this info if it comes to it).

I would advise contacting the course director of the course you are enrolled on and the course director of the one you may want to join as soon as possible and figure out your options. It also helps to contact the grants department and see how they stand on the issue (if you are receiving a grant of course).

Advertisement